Rapoport: Leonard agrees to 1-yr deal with Eagles

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
How did the Byard trade workout? Like Leonard will help that Defense with Swiss Cheese Secondary.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The Eagles are signing him in an desperate attempt to fix their LB coverage issues. But Leonard isn't that great in coverage. He is a better Run stopping LB. But if he may not have been that missing piece some Cowboys fans think Dallas needs to beat the Niners. Unless he somehow shows major improvement in his abilities to cover, he wouldn't have been the answer to stopping CMC and Deebo or any of the Niners other weapons out in the open or in the passing game.

Other than Cunningham who will still be out when we play them they don't have a linebacker that can do anything not just covering, but tackling. You saw 5 yard passes going 60 yards on the ground.

davey999

Reaction score
How did the Byard trade workout? Like Leonard will help that Defense with Swiss Cheese Secondary.
Did you watch our last game? Our secondary got schooled by Geno Smith at home.

Jarntt

Reaction score
The Eagles are signing him in an desperate attempt to fix their LB coverage issues. But Leonard isn't that great in coverage. He is a better Run stopping LB. But if he may not have been that missing piece some Cowboys fans think Dallas needs to beat the Niners. Unless he somehow shows major improvement in his abilities to cover, he wouldn't have been the answer to stopping CMC and Deebo or any of the Niners other weapons out in the open or in the passing game.

I think the Eagles LBs are so crappy that they will take anything they can get. If he is decent at stopping the run he will help them. Their LB play this weekend was bordering on pathetic. I'm not sure if Leonard is even NFL average right now and suspect he isn't, but he is still probably one of their better LBs based on what else they have

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I wish I could go back and read some of the posts before he got signed by the birds...at that time he was going to really help the Cowboys defense and he would really be a good fit. Now, all of sudden he is nothing but trash, washed, can't run, can't cover. lol

But the posters that are trashing him in this thread would have been all in love with him if he signed with the Cowboys.
I was saying he looked washed when all this was first starting. I posted a Tik Tok from a Colts board, it originally came from a several of Patriot's Zeke clips, who they had recently played, it was sad. Zeke of all people was making Leonard look like an orange traffic cone, he was so slow. It honestly reminded me of how Jaylon Smith looked, slow, missing tackles and flailing around, the only thing missing was the dog pile at the end of plays.

Several CZers were mad I posted it and that I didn't think he would be much help at all.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Did you watch our last game? Our secondary got schooled by Geno Smith at home.

Leonard hasn't been much help to the Colts passing defense this season. The Eagles are hoping to get some lightening out of a bottle from him and hope he saves their LBs/secondary from getting torched. But his numbers show he's not great in coverage, so not sure if he would have stopped Geno from schooling out secondary anyway.

Cmac

Reaction score

I gave a like on this post.......but had he signed with us.....this would have been dismissed. We lost him when he left Dallas without a contract. It was known, and sometimes you get a player just to keep those on your heels from getting them.....gamesmanship. Let's move on. Be better next time Jerry, be better.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The only chance we have against the Niners is to make them one dimensional. I have no confidence in them being able to do that with the current set up of the defense. I don't know why this franchise keeps burying their head in the sand about this fatal weakness against the Niners. They are going to bully us again in the playoffs.
While I agree, I think our best chance against them is a prolific offense.

Cousins and Burrow were damn near flawless against them. Make Purdy have to win a shootout.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I didn't watch that SF - Philly game....because how can any REAL cowboy fan root for either team? No matter what happens, the result is bad. So why watch?

That said....philly's LBers are HORRRRRRRIBLE. I heard they only have 2 linebackers on their roster that can take the filed. So they needed him way more than us....even if he's just back-up quality now, he'll instantly become their best LB (hail, half the pudgy's in here would become their best LB)

Not getting him doesn't affect us to much...not our roster any way....the only way it affects us is that it made our rival better....but he wouldn't have made us better IMO.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If he can't catch or stop Zeke, he ain't stopping Swift, Hurts, Deebo, CMC.............

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I was saying he looked washed when all this was first starting. I posted a Tik Tok from a Colts board, it originally came from a several of Patriot's Zeke clips, who they had recently played, it was sad. Zeke of all people was making Leonard look like an orange traffic cone, he was so slow. It honestly reminded me of how Jaylon Smith looked, slow, missing tackles and flailing around, the only thing missing was the dog pile at the end of plays.

Several CZers were mad I posted it and that I didn't think he would be much help at all.
I expect the Cowboys play calling to offensively challenge him. By sending Pollard, Rico, Ferguson, Lamb, and Cooks directly at him or towards his side of the field to see if he can tackle them or cover them out in the open. As well as other OCs on the Eagles schedule when he challenging him with their fastest and most elusive weapons.