Rapoport: Leonard agrees to 1-yr deal with Eagles

rambo2

Reaction score
I didn't watch that SF - Philly game....because how can any REAL cowboy fan root for either team? No matter what happens, the result is bad. So why watch?

That said....philly's LBers are HORRRRRRRIBLE. I heard they only have 2 linebackers on their roster that can take the filed. So they needed him way more than us....even if he's just back-up quality now, he'll instantly become their best LB (hail, half the pudgy's in here would become their best LB)

Not getting him doesn't affect us to much...not our roster any way....the only way it affects us is that it made our rival better....but he wouldn't have made us better IMO.
The result wasn't bad. One Philly defender was in tears. It was awesome.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Hey it is what it is. Dude is broken or Colts wouldn’t have released him. I would have been down for a low cost backup but this guy isn’t going to be a difference maker for any team.
Colts released him cuz irsay does not like him and their coach and cirianni coaches together just last year. Cirianni was at the colts before. It’s collusion plain and simple.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah but you can’t really make them one dimensional. They can literally do what they want. I feel your best bet is to score first and have them chase you.
It can be done. See the Eagles in the last year's playoffs.
While I agree, I think our best chance against them is a prolific offense.

Cousins and Burrow were damn near flawless against them. Make Purdy have to win a shootout.
We need the ball to do that. They've controlled time of position against us b/c we cant stop that run game.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Smart move on his part.
Better odds for a Super Bowl.
I think he actually did it for the playing time potential. Philly's LB room is completely empty with Cunningham and Dean out.

In Dallas he would almost certainly have played less and for a player trying to play his way into a new contract, Philly did make more sense.

I actually wouldn't be shocked to find out Dallas offered him a few million more than what he is going to get with the Eagles.

Motorola

Reaction score
This is even bigger than when the Eagles signed Vince Young and Nnamdi Asomugha.
Just before the Big 12 Championship game started on TV, they showed Vince Young on the sidelines when he hugged the Longhorns HC (Young is a team special assistant).

Majic

Reaction score
The Eagles are signing him in an desperate attempt to fix their LB coverage issues. But Leonard isn't that great in coverage. He is a better Run stopping LB. But if he may not have been that missing piece some Cowboys fans think Dallas needs to beat the Niners. Unless he somehow shows major improvement in his abilities to cover, he wouldn't have been the answer to stopping CMC and Deebo or any of the Niners other weapons out in the open or in the passing game.

Cowboys planned to use him in coverage

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I expect the Cowboys play calling to offensively challenge him. By sending Pollard, Rico, Ferguson, Lamb, and Cooks directly at him or towards his side of the field to see if he can tackle them or cover them out in the open. As well as other OCs on the Eagles schedule when he challenging him with their fastest and most elusive weapons.
Do what the 9ers did, work the edges with runs, make them move laterally and work passes in the middle of the field and try to cover our receivers. Their LB/S are horrible, keep attacking them, create mismatches and force them to make plays.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just before the Big 12 Championship game started on TV, they showed Vince Young on the sidelines when he hugged the Longhorns HC (Young is a team special assistant).
I think he has been working at Texas since washing out of the NFL. Some booster pays him to play video games for what he did against USC.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Leonard is going to get much more run in Philly which is what he wants to show he can still play. In Dallas he’d have been a rotational piece. I think that weighed into it more than anything.
I don’t think the colts cut him if he is the same player. Idk how much impact he will have. More of a name after a few back surgeries
They had the chance to get out of an expensive contract and got out of it. His Indy contact called for $16.5 million if he got injured. However good he is they felt it was prudent to get out of the deal.

Sully

Reaction score

Dallas angle, hurts alittle. But not too much. Dallas needs depth especially at LB. But for Leonard, it is a smart move.
He will not win a Superbowl with Dallas, hell, he won't even get to a NFC Conference game with the Cowboys. Even with Jerry Jones trying to sell more of his pyrite ( aka; fools gold ) to Leonard PLUS Parson trying to persuade him to come to Dallas, Leonard goes to the Eagles. DeMarcus Ware had to leave Dallas to play in a conference finals ( AFC ) and a Superbowl ( Denver ) and win a ring and eventually, like Ware, Parson will get frustrated with the Dallas organization and do what Demarcus did and leave.

Jstopper

Reaction score
I cant wait to hear what stephen offered. He most likely low balled. Howie is a real gm. Ours is a clown wearing gm clothing
Bro what part of “this wasn’t about money” are yall not understanding? The colts are paying his contract this year, he signed for peanuts. He just wanted to play for Philly that’s it