Rapoport: Leonard agrees to 1-yr deal with Eagles

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Be aggressive and take their best player(s). That’s why I can’t stand Jerry and his fat son. They have no go get it in them. where is the aggression?
How
Be aggressive and take their best player(s). That’s why I can’t stand Jerry and his fat son. They have no go get it in them. where is the aggression?
How is signing who they release taking there best players lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For the 100th time.

His deal is not about the money. It's a deal for the rest of the year - mostly likely at the vet minimum. He's still getting paid by the Colts. Anything the Eagles give him comes out of that. His net pay will stay exactly the same, so there is no bidding war. Just a player preference for the Eagles.
Bet there are some playing time incentives involved. NFL signings are almost always about the money.

Creeper

Reaction score
We never get it right do we? Jerry whiffed horribly here.
Combine this with the terrible trade deadline
Brutal
How did Jerry whiff? Leonard chose Philly. He was always going to choose Philly. Jerry's only mistake is meeting with him in the first place.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can’t get worse. LB play has been horrific.
I was reading a Fish article, and one of the guys your starting linebackers texted his brother who plays for Atlanta for advice.

Your starting linebacker sent a text before the game "bro......so how do I football "

Brooksey

Reaction score
Just what the 30th ranked defense against the pass needed, the worst graded cover LB in the league

Praxit

Reaction score
Time to move on. He would be a nice depth piece— but he isn’t without his flaws and question marks at this point.

Would be sweet to see us smoke him in coverage for the go ahead TD in the playoffs lok
....haha.. .yep. that would be sweet.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Leonard can help us and we need him to have any type of playoff run. Wait, the Eagles signed him? He sucks and is overpaid :cool:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
This is not newsworthy. I hope he finds happiness with Filthy.
LOL! Happiness in that city is getting shot and put out of your misery. I would rather be with the people inside that stadium than the people outside and surrounding area. I've had this argument before with someone on here, and nothing is changed. It still dangerous.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Hey it is what it is. Dude is broken or Colts wouldn’t have released him. I would have been down for a low cost backup but this guy isn’t going to be a difference maker for any team.

Creeper

Reaction score
His name may as well be Harvey Shmidlap because he is not the Shaq Leonard everyone thinks he is. He can't play anymore. Have you seen the videos of him? I actually think Rashaan Evans is a much better player right now, and even he doesn;t get on the field that much for Dallas.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
They only have one linebacker that would start on some other NFL teams. And he's injured. This will allow them to have 2 NFL starting linebackers. Every linebacker on that club starting currently were released by the Eagles at one point and nobody picked them up. They are horrible. That defense has been patchwork all year. This guy isn't going to help them, at least now. As they get some of their players back he'll help, but their back 7 is below average to start. They have undrafted free agents playing in that secondary that can't tackle a stationary tackling dummy, and they can't hide them They have a defensive coordinator without experience, and you get a defense with a below NFL average standing. Because they played a long year last year, and long grueling games this year because of their lack of talent on the defense these guys look to be shot.

This week they'll get there star receiver at the tight end position back. They didn't get any injuries in yesterday's game. The question is is that enough against us? I doubt it. They can have plenty of talent on defense and it still wouldn't make up for the woeful coordinator they have.

I'm still picking us, but it's not going to be easy. I figure they're going to be plenty angry for losing to San Francisco in the embarrassing way they did.

That's my take on this week's game.
The Eagles are signing him in an desperate attempt to fix their LB coverage issues. But Leonard isn't that great in coverage. He is a better Run stopping LB. But if he may not have been that missing piece some Cowboys fans think Dallas needs to beat the Niners. Unless he somehow shows major improvement in his abilities to cover, he wouldn't have been the answer to stopping CMC and Deebo or any of the Niners other weapons out in the open or in the passing game.