Rapoport: Rivers and Brees are retiring

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
this is so silly, it doesn’t deserve a response

teams apparently negotiate lower salaries for players for no reason. Let’s give all good players 5-8 million per year more than the tram thinks they deserve

it’s called addition, look it up, it might help you in 4th grade next year

lol.

INSULTS are the last resort of INSECURE people with a CRUMBLING position trying to APPEAR confident.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So it looks like Andy Dalton is going to have a market after all; meaning the Cowboys need to look for a new backup.

Motorola

Reaction score
Drew Brees and Philip Rivers end their playing days following a postseason defeat...but their careers represent victory in the world of professional football.
Were teammates briefly. The arrival of one signaled the departure of the other; but that change led to longstanding success for both.
Both have solidified their mark on the franchises each played for.
Rivers joins John Hadl and Dan Fouts as the greatest quarterbacks in Chargers history.
Brees joins Archie Manning as a Saints quarterback legend.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Wonder if the Rapist is next?

Brady is still playing at a high level but the drop off is noticeable. Will he know when to quit?

Just about every other so called great QB held on one or two years too long. Brees should have hung it up last year. Favre hung on one year too long. Peyton Manning was pathetic the last part of his last year.

I heard Ben wants to play one more year. On Brady, I was wondering if it was just me. But I thought I saw a difference just from last year. Similar to Rivers and Brees, just not to that extent. But I'm thinking he plays one more year too.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I always wanted the Cowboys to draft Brees and then sign him when he was available.....and always thought Rivers was an underrated Qb playing in San Diego....
I always thought if Romo was considered over rated, then too was Rivers if not more so due to his Pedigree.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
All the people that say Dak is trash but still saying trade him for 2 1st round picks and things like that Haha.

Most musings on trades come with two spoonfuls of wishful thinking. It's odd that people fail to see the massive discrepancy between perceived player value and trade value their trade is premised on.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Brees played with a torn rotator cuff and a foot injury along with rib stuff. No wonder it looked like jr was shot putting it