Rapoport: Rivers and Brees are retiring

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I hear the 2021 cap is likely to be $180M. If so, there will be a lot of whining in the NFL and a lot of Kleenex for GMs, players, and fans. Good luck working a $35-40M, 4-year contract into a $180M cap. No, 2022 cap is not looking much better.

Let Dak explore the open market and find out his market value. Dak and his agent might just be crying the most.
Not really. Let Dak go and see some more 6-10 2020 seasons to come in the next several years. You will wish Dak had been signed and kept in Dallas. Guaranteed.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Wow Brady is playing in the championship game? Thanks for the ground breaking news. I want one of these guys cushy jobs.

visionary

Reaction score
We are. Did you not learn from the results of this 2020 season...and why?

every post you make tells us you’re a Dak fan not a Cowboys fan

In a salary cap sport no fan of a team would want or relish any player to be paid more than they’re worth. Dak is not worth the 38-40 million he’s asking for. When you crow about enjoying when it happens you expose yourself for being a Dak groupie and not a fan of the Cowboys

Eddie

Reaction score
Brees should have been a Cowboy .... twice. First time we traded our 1st rounder for Joey Gagaway and Brees fell to the top of the 2nd round.

Second time was when the Chargers released him, and Bill Parcells told Sean Payton to go after him because we were set at QB with Drew Bleedslow.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

In a salary cap sport no fan of a team would want or relish any player to be paid more than they’re worth. Dak is not worth the 38-40 million he’s asking for. When you crow about enjoying when it happens you expose yourself for being a Dak groupie and not a fan of the Cowboys
If you actually would pay attention to my posts, I've said several times how Dak should be paid no more than $32 million per season.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wonder if the Rapist is next?

Brady is still playing at a high level but the drop off is noticeable. Will he know when to quit?

Just about every other so called great QB held on one or two years too long. Brees should have hung it up last year. Favre hung on one year too long. Peyton Manning was pathetic the last part of his last year.

Frankly I have never had a problem with guys wanting to play until they peel the pads off their cold dead bodies. If you love the game you never want to stop playing. It's up to the team to replace them if they have someone better. It's not their responsibility to bench themselves.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They talked before the New Orleans game that Brees very well could retire after the season. So it did not come as a shock. I'm a little surprised with Rivers only because going to a new team and having some success you would think he would give it another season but I guess he feels the time is right to hang them up and spend time with his family. All I can say is thanks for the years of play, enjoyed watching both men play this game

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Both of these guys are beyond excellent QBs. They'll be missed on the NFL football fields of play. They'll both leave the game with some awesome memories. I wouldn't be surprised if either of them or both might be seen as commentators on TV but that's for them to decide. Nevertheless, here's wishing both of them the best of luck and a very happy retirement.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I think it would be more accurate to say that he, like myself, will enjoy the misery that Dak's signing will cause people like you. You guys seems to be tying yourselves in knots hoping Dak does not get re-signed and insulting anybody who disagrees so it's fair game to wanna laugh at your pain when he actually does get signed. It has nothing to do with being more a Dak fan vs a Cowboy fan.. It has to do with enjoying the misery of trolls. It can't be that hard to tell the difference.. Can it?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
They talked before the New Orleans game that Brees very well could retire after the season. So it did not come as a shock. I'm a little surprised with Rivers only because going to a new team and having some success you would think he would give it another season but I guess he feels the time is right to hang them up and spend time with his family. All I can say is thanks for the years of play, enjoyed watching both men play this game

Rivers has 7 or 8 kids I think and a few of them are in high school or about to be. I think he wants to be home with his family. Remember he commuted from San Diego to L.A. last year (2 hours each way without traffic) when the Chargers moved rather than disrupting and uprooting his family. I think that says all you need to know about how much keeping the family stable and grounded means to him. Then again I would not have moved my family to L.A. either.. no matter how much money they offered me.

visionary

Reaction score
I think it would be more accurate to say that he, like myself, will enjoy the misery that Dak's signing will cause people like you. You guys seems to be tying yourselves in knots hoping Dak does not get re-signed and insulting anybody who disagrees so it's fair game to wanna laugh at your pain when he actually does get signed. It has nothing to do with being more a Dak fan vs a Cowboy fan.. It has to do with enjoying the misery of trolls. It can't be that hard to tell the difference.. Can it?

Hey, if Dak signs for 32 million/y, I won’t be miserable, I’ll be right there cheering with you

My problem is that Jerry will cave and give him 37-40 million and that will hamstring this team for years

conner01

Reaction score
Rivers has 7 or 8 kids I think and a few of them are in high school or about to be. I think he wants to be home with his family. Remember he commuted from San Diego to L.A. last year (2 hours each way without traffic) when the Chargers moved rather than disrupting and uprooting his family. I think that says all you need to know about how much keeping the family stable and grounded means to him. Then again I would not have moved my family to L.A. either.. no matter how much money they offered me.
We know what his off season workout was like