News: Rapoport says Dallas making a push to get Dak Deal done before March 10

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He just doesnt make that connection.

He wants to win, but no one is ever going to convince him the culture that he created hurts that chance. I'm not sure anyone tries to tell him that.

If they did, he would never believe it anyway. Decades of futility coupled with the fact that no other pro sports franchise is run that way isnt enough.

No single person can play two roles that contradict each other, but his arrogance causes blindness to reality.

Fans pay the price.
You’re assuming Jerry would care.
His ownership is all about him and his passion to be a Football Guy.

I think it’s fairly obvious he realizes his ways aren’t necessarily what’s best for Cowboys Football but doesn’t want to win bad enough to get totally out of the way.

The Cowboys are his ball. He’s not interested in owning it if he can’t play with his ball.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak has earned a long term deal, but he has not earned a paycheck that would pay him top 5 QB money. Thats just my opinion. Wentz would have been the MVP of the damn league had he not been injured a couple of years ago. Wilson has a ring and been to another SB. Dak has done a good job, not a GREAT job. He has earned a good deal, not a GREAT deal. I am just happy as hell the front office is not giving in.
Well done!!

Don’t worry. Jerry will give in eventually cause as always he has no Plan B. And Dak knows Jerry’s all in.

This is all just a charade by Jerry to present a tough image but he’s going to pony up and make Dak the highest paid QB in the league. Don’t believe me just watch.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my prediction.

I think the contract will be a shorter one than many expect, because Dak and his agent want to get to that new CBA money as soon as they can.

3-years, $100 million, with probably $65 - $75 million of it guaranteed. Essentially, a two-year deal with the 'club option' for year three.

possible.

Dak has 3-4 seasons left as a starter. That would give him 8. Romo had 9.

tag him for 2 and draft a replacement.

he hasn’t won anything yet.

conner01

Reaction score
I was thinking 4 year and 140 million. Most guaranteed and nice signing bonus. Basically a 3 year deal. He will be the highest paid for a second until mahomes signs.
I think that’s about right
There really is no big hurry
As long as it’s done in next 30 days

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my prediction.

I think the contract will be a shorter one than many expect, because Dak and his agent want to get to that new CBA money as soon as they can.

3-years, $100 million, with probably $65 - $75 million of it guaranteed. Essentially, a two-year deal with the 'club option' for year three.

Dallas would be absolutely stupid to agree to that. But, we are talking Jerruh here....

NumOneQB

Reaction score
33 mil a year is far from stupid
The market is the market
You pay it or not
And not is not an option

Stupid to sign him to just a 3 year deal with an optional 3rd. If they’re going to sign him it should be a minimum 5 year deal.

basel90

Reaction score
Jerry about to cave in and pay an average Dak a 37-39 mil per year unfortunately.
Byron Jones and other defensive stars will be lost .
With an average QB and a declining overpaid Zeke and no defensive reinforcements,
The cowboys will go 7-9.
Really sad to see

garyo1954

Reaction score
I just put in a call to Ms Cleo on the psychic hotline and asked when Dak Prescott would win a Super Bowl.

That woman ain't very nice.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Won what??? Your heart?

He wins my heart with playoff sucess, which hasn't happend yet. Not with an 8-8 record and a dissapearing act last year.

He won on gambling on himself. Read much? Try to keep up.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
33 mil a year is far from stupid
The market is the market
You pay it or not
And not is not an option
Yes it is. If the "market" gives you crap value, you don't just throw up your hands and say, "whelp, that's the market." That's how you become the Browns.

vnick

Reaction score
My guess is that eventually they will settle on a four year deal with a player opt out or something for the fifth year. Jerry has no incentive to do a deal less than 3 since he could be franchised for two of those.