News: Rapoport says Dallas making a push to get Dak Deal done before March 10

johneric8

Reaction score
I'm going on record as saying they cowboys need to sign Dak to big contract because he is on the verge of being elite with a good head coach and decent defense.
He deserves top 5 money at this point in time because top 5 money won't be top 5 in 4 years. I'm bookmarking this post.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heck I thought at $27mil a year with his endorsements it would be going pretty well for him.

It would be, but he's clearly listening to everything that the agent is telling him.

That's why honestly there's a small part of me that wouldn't mind seeing stories come out about the Cowboys 'talking' with other quarterbacks. Both Dak and his agent need to know that things do have the potential of going south as well. They've pushed and pushed to this point and have gotten relatively lucky with the risks they've taken. I think it's made them a bit overconfident along the way too.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Heck I thought at $27mil a year with his endorsements it would be going pretty well for him.

People need to stop the "but he gets endorsements!" stuff.

It is a non argument. Star players get endorsements.

Dak doesn't even get a ton of money through endorsements. The source article that cited a 50 million number combined endorsements and insurance policy payouts that only occur if he suffers a career-ending injury - they buried the insurance piece because the story is less exciting when told truthfully (garbage reporting by Fox Business). Just taking a look at Dak's endorsement deals should tell you that he's not a really hot commodity. The big deals are from Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, Gatorade, and Amazon ... Dak's got Chunk soup and Sleep Number beds.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It’s going to get done. But now will this board be mad or sad after that will be determined lol no one will be happy with the numbers lol

InTheZone

Reaction score
giphy.gif

ESisback

Reaction score
And I hope everyone notices that I got no response to that bet challenge either.

Nothing but talk and empty words.

To quote:

"It is a tale. Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing."

Shakespeare! Wow! Erod’s still a good guy. Great writer.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s going to get done. But now will this board be mad or sad after that will be determined lol no one will be happy with the numbers lol

I say it all the time. No matter what we do, they’ll NEVER be a shortage of complainers!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does this guy have a job? What exactly does he do?

Now, if he'd said the Cowboys are trying to get this deal closed up before FA because they plan on using the tag on another, that might get something going because we've debated Cooper or Jones.

Breaking news: any team that wants to keep a player and not tag him is in a push to sign him before that date.

John813

Reaction score
How does this guy have a job? What exactly does he do?

Now, if he'd said the Cowboys are trying to get this deal closed up before FA because they plan on using the tag on another, that might get something going because we've debated Cooper or Jones.

Breaking news: any team that wants to keep a player and not tag him is in a push to sign him before that date.

Sources for this???????

zerofill

Reaction score
People need to stop the "but he gets endorsements!" stuff.

It is a non argument. Star players get endorsements.

Dak doesn't even get a ton of money through endorsements. The source article that cited a 50 million number combined endorsements and insurance policy payouts that only occur if he suffers a career-ending injury - they buried the insurance piece because the story is less exciting when told truthfully (garbage reporting by Fox Business). Just taking a look at Dak's endorsement deals should tell you that he's not a really hot commodity. The big deals are from Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, Gatorade, and Amazon ... Dak's got Chunk soup and Sleep Number beds.

Why should they stop? You think he has those deals being the QB of the Jets?

I don't care if they are worth $10mil... still a lot of money, and being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys always brings more.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my prediction.

I think the contract will be a shorter one than many expect, because Dak and his agent want to get to that new CBA money as soon as they can.

3-years, $100 million, with probably $65 - $75 million of it guaranteed. Essentially, a two-year deal with the 'club option' for year three.
Would you be looking to draft a QB with that type of deal or would that just be how Dak rolls with short term deals?

lwehlers

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my prediction.

I think the contract will be a shorter one than many expect, because Dak and his agent want to get to that new CBA money as soon as they can.

3-years, $100 million, with probably $65 - $75 million of it guaranteed. Essentially, a two-year deal with the 'club option' for year three.

I am hoping it is a short contract also. then in three years we can see if it is worth paying a quarterback top five money.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Just get it over with already.

I'm tired of watching this team drag their feet on contracts. Especially for Dak Prescott when his already bad projected contract is going to get worse as time goes on.

It will be nice to know how long the deal is so I can know when we have a shot at winning a Superbowl again.

Any chance that because you believe Dallas's chances are shot when he signs that you'll quit posting here until the contract runs down?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you be looking to draft a QB with that type of deal or would that just be how Dak rolls with short term deals?

If it were my decision? I'd always be looking to some degree. Like Green Bay did, I'd be drafting one every few years, to develop or trade off.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Just get it over with already.

I'm tired of watching this team drag their feet on contracts. Especially for Dak Prescott when his already bad projected contract is going to get worse as time goes on.

It will be nice to know how long the deal is so I can know when we have a shot at winning a Superbowl again.
Lol nice.

Maybe ask God when he plans on sending for Jerry to get the answer to that one.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I'm going on record as saying they cowboys need to sign Dak to big contract because he is on the verge of being elite with a good head coach and decent defense.
He deserves top 5 money at this point in time because top 5 money won't be top 5 in 4 years. I'm bookmarking this post.
I hope he is going to be top 5 elite qb but I would settle on if he is top 5 qb with the most Super Bowls.