Twitter: Rapoport: The Cowboys are still looking for edge help, hosting former Lions DE Jason Jones

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me one bit if we handed this guy 3 million a year.......:rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he "quick twitch" enough?

Alhough in full snark mode, You are asking the wrong question.

You should be asking...will this help prevent us from taking Buckner or Bosa with the the 4th pick in the first round.

If the answer is yes...jump up and down and quit with the snark.

If the answer is no...proceed with the snark.

Sydla

Reaction score
Averaged around 4 sacks or so per year the last few years.

I guess the new approach to fixing DE will be throw as many bodies at the problem as you can and hope something works out.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I guess the new approach to fixing DE will be throw as many bodies at the problem as you can and hope something works out.

The idea is to give Rod "waves " of fresh players on the defensive line in the hopes that although one person might not get a huge number of sacks, a few will combine to get a number of sacks.

Although so far I am not sure we will be able to produce waves with some of these players and might be lucky to produce ripples.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is the same thing we've been doing across the board at other positions in FA under Garrett. Bring in players who can give you snaps at a discount in FA, and free the team up to add developmental talent in the draft. Even last season before bringing Hardy in, they made it clear that the goal was to play with a heavy rotation along the DL. Greg Hardy was a bit of a bluebird for us in that he was an impact player we were able to sign on essentially a pay-as-you-go basis.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like this idea. A solid, veteran player at a position of obvious need. Not a world-beater, but who is at this stage of free agency? I think he's certainly an upgrade over Mincey and I'd be happy about any move that allowed the team to not be locked into drafting a defensive end at #4 overall.

I approve this message.
:thumbup:

John813

Reaction score
PIT and MIA were already reportedly interested in him.

If we're determined to get players at good value in FA, we have to be prepared to lose anybody who can get an offer at a better rate. It comes with the territory.

Just a guess, I would assume Miami would be out of the picture, as they have signed Williams and Branch.

So, not sure what other options he has, if he/teams see him as a 4-3 DE.