Rapoport: Watson officially requests trade

Swagger

Reaction score
Only realistic landing spot for Watson looks the Dolphins if they aren't sold on Tua as they have the draft capital and are putting together a good looking young team.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Been saying this since he requested out of Houston.

Sign and trade Prescott, Cooper, and Elliott for Watson.

Houston will never accept Prescott, Cooper, and Elliott for Watson. Never. No one wants those three players with their present contracts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
these NFL kids wouldn't like it if i was the owner, sports period need owners with backbone..

I would tell these kids to honor their phreaking contracts or sit an get massive fines ie 100k per any team mandatory function missed, every meeting, practice, requested press conference, or even a uniform fitting..

im sick of looking around sports and seeing the blackmailing going on and players with huge deals and promises made getting traded to wherever they want..

no way F all that noise..you signed a 37mil+ del you play or sit and lose money..a chit ton of money and no taking it back like jones has done with fines , i would have fined EE 1mil for his latest holdout and no refunds once he was signed or came back..

weak azz owners are ruining sports..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Owners are sissies. No way I'd trade him. He's under contract....play for me or don't play and don't get paid for a good part of your prime career. If you don't show up and make great effort and be a team guy, you eventually kill your NFL opportunities anyway. He knew what the organization was like before he signed that contract. If it was a Dallas super star, no way I'd trade him.

Hear Hear. If he was bothered, he shouldn't have bothered to sign a new contract with them. He'd probably have gotten more money this offseason anyway with how many teams need a QB this offseason.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yup, and the same is happening to Dak. He's had aging stars on the oline, broken players like LVE who are good on the rare occasions that they're actually on the field, and a defence that is the worst in the league.
yup That is 100% accurate. That is why I threw his name out there as a Comp. They wasted Danny's best years by never really improving the D.. Same WAS happening until we just hired Quinn. WE do have hope. I like the new direction on D. Quinn and the new dline coach hire is a very good sign IMO. I expect a defensive heavy draft. IMO, this draft is sneaky good on D...better than last few years. Lots of good starting quality linebackers,cb's and dlineman to be had through 5 rounds. Think about something else..we are about to be awarded 4 compensatory picks as well. We could really clean house in this draft and scoop up some good talent. I like Tuf Borland, Jack Sanborn , and Pete Werner as my late round steals at linebacker. ALL tackling machines and never get hurt. Safety seems to be a very down year again in this draft though. I think we should sign a good safety to pair with Wilson. I just dont see anyone worthy of drafting and starting.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
let me know how many yards amari had with a backup last year and how many brandon had with a top 5 qb...I'll wait.

Doesn't matter. He was top 5 because Cooks, Fuller, etc. balled out. Meanwhile, who lead the league in dropped passes? Wasn't the Texans receivers.......you can argue the Cowboys wide receivers are better. I'd rather have them but don't sit here and act like the Texans are just the product of Watson.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you think that Fuller, Cook, Coutee is a better trio than Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, then you aren't qualified to value talent.

It's not even close.
If you think I said they were better than you aren't qualified to comprehend anything above a 1st grade reading level.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Owners are sissies. No way I'd trade him. He's under contract....play for me or don't play and don't get paid for a good part of your prime career. If you don't show up and make great effort and be a team guy, you eventually kill your NFL opportunities anyway. He knew what the organization was like before he signed that contract. If it was a Dallas super star, no way I'd trade him.
AMEN!!!! Its the tail that wags the dog. Maybe I am old school..but what happened to a deal is a deal? He just signed it 4 months ago!! You mean to tell me he took the money FULLY knowing how challenged this team was in the front office? HE HAD TO JNOW and no one can tell me different. He signed it, HE needs to honor it. He took the dang money.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said they agreed on a dollar amount before this last season, I didn't say that is what it will end up being. My point was that I don't think Prescott is any where as upset as some here thinks he is.
I agree with that, he's never even hinted he's unhappy. He's pretty much kept his comments to himself.

Prescott doesn't strike me as the type guy to let this get personal. I think he and the Joneses genuinely like each other and both want him to continue as the DC QB.

For that reason, I have little doubt that a deal gets done and may already be agreed upon and the Joneses don't want to announce that just yet with all of the Stafford/Watson mews seeking some spotlight.

And I expect the Joneses to remain silent about being linked to any QB acquisition to add just another touch of pressure to this. It is still business.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this team is going absolutely NOWHERE unless Dak is signed and under center. PERIOD. That is task 1, sign the man.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
these NFL kids wouldn't like it if i was the owner, sports period need owners with backbone..

I would tell these kids to honor their phreaking contracts or sit an get massive fines ie 100k per any team mandatory function missed, every meeting, practice, requested press conference, or even a uniform fitting..

im sick of looking around sports and seeing the blackmailing going on and players with huge deals and promises made getting traded to wherever they want..

no way F all that noise..you signed a 37mil+ del you play or sit and lose money..a chit ton of money and no taking it back like jones has done with fines , i would have fined EE 1mil for his latest holdout and no refunds once he was signed or came back..

weak azz owners are ruining sports..

Braindead take.

Meanwhile the teams have zero obligation to honor the contract the team and player agreed to.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
yup That is 100% accurate. That is why I threw his name out there as a Comp. They wasted Danny's best years by never really improving the D.. Same WAS happening until we just hired Quinn. WE do have hope. I like the new direction on D. Quinn and the new dline coach hire is a very good sign IMO. I expect a defensive heavy draft. IMO, this draft is sneaky good on D...better than last few years. Lots of good starting quality linebackers,cb's and dlineman to be had through 5 rounds. Think about something else..we are about to be awarded 4 compensatory picks as well. We could really clean house in this draft and scoop up some good talent. I like Tuf Borland, Jack Sanborn , and Pete Werner as my late round steals at linebacker. ALL tackling machines and never get hurt. Safety seems to be a very down year again in this draft though. I think we should sign a good safety to pair with Wilson. I just dont see anyone worthy of drafting and starting.

I'm with you there too. Dan Quinn's not a great HC, but he's a brilliant DC! I'd put him on the level of Wade Phillips, but, fortunately for us, Quinn coaches a 4-3. I'm expecting a defence heavy draft. And yes, I know the players will be rookies, but the draft is the best way to build a defence. I watched Mark Holmes last night and he made a good point about how the WFT used to sign their cap space on defencive players which failed. But, since they've started building their defence through the draft, they've become a dangerous defence. That's what drafting can do for you, and we don't have to look outside the division. Unlike the WFT, we DO have a solid caliber QB. All I think you and I are asking for is for us to fix the biggest glaring issues that our defence has to give Dak a chance. Tuf Borland is a great choice imo. I'd love to have him btw. I like the way that this draft is shaping up for defence other than S. However, I think might not be in so bad of shape at S if we can get our DT better and if we get a top flight CB. If we can get, for example, Surtain and pair him with Diggs, then I think we'll be alright at S, especially with the way Donovan Wilson was turning it on last season. That kind of pressure of having 2 top CBs (which the Legion of Boom enjoyed mind you) on each wideout will make passing on us very difficult. Then, going DT and LB in rounds 2 and 3 will help us be able to stop the run. Essentially giving us a chance to get better field position. In fact, it's possible we may even be able to have defencive players score TDs. When's the last time a threat of a defence that can score TDs too has happened with our defence?

J12B

Reaction score
I think this is ridiculous. He literally signed a 5 year deal like less than a year ago. Now he wants a trade. He even signed the deal after they traded Hopkins.

Texans should not trade him.

This looks bad on Watson.

He must've known if he didn't take that deal then the team would've just franchise tagged him for 2 years.

The NFL is becoming more like the NBA and I don't like it.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I agree. I didn't say I'd take their receivers over ours...I'm just saying they are just as good they aren't scrubs like people are trying to make them out to be.

Exactly. There's a huge misconception that Watson doesn't have weapons...mind you just two years ago he had Deandre Hopkins....Fuller is rarely available so yeah in that regards I wouldn't' want him but if we are talking about talent? They have some.

When he plays he is good to elite. No doubt.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gets his big pay check..

Takes a look around at the team.

Wants to jump ship...

Stop paying these QB's.. The market of stupidity strikes again.
With this, and Wentz, Goff and Cousins not looking so hot now, the market could change a little.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think this is ridiculous. He literally signed a 5 year deal like less than a year ago. Now he wants a trade. He even signed the deal after they traded Hopkins.

Texans should not trade him.

This looks bad on Watson.

He must've known if he didn't take that deal then the team would've just franchise tagged him for 2 years.

The NFL is becoming more like the NBA and I don't like it.

Yup, and the Texans can thank James Harden for helping put that idea in Watson's head.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What I want from our DBs is not just the threat of being able to intercept the ball, but also the threat that they can take it to the house as well. That kind of threat means that the QB is even less likely to test that side of the field. As Diggs improves and with a CB like Horn from South Carolina or Surtain on the other side, the QB is not going to have a lot of options. One wrong move with the ball, and it's 6 the other way. That'd be a nice thing to see.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm with you there too. Dan Quinn's not a great HC, but he's a brilliant DC! I'd put him on the level of Wade Phillips, but, fortunately for us, Quinn coaches a 4-3. I'm expecting a defence heavy draft. And yes, I know the players will be rookies, but the draft is the best way to build a defence. I watched Mark Holmes last night and he made a good point about how the WFT used to sign their cap space on defencive players which failed. But, since they've started building their defence through the draft, they've become a dangerous defence. That's what drafting can do for you, and we don't have to look outside the division. Unlike the WFT, we DO have a solid caliber QB. All I think you and I are asking for is for us to fix the biggest glaring issues that our defence has to give Dak a chance. Tuf Borland is a great choice imo. I'd love to have him btw. I like the way that this draft is shaping up for defence other than S. However, I think might not be in so bad of shape at S if we can get our DT better and if we get a top flight CB. If we can get, for example, Surtain and pair him with Diggs, then I think we'll be alright at S, especially with the way Donovan Wilson was turning it on last season. That kind of pressure of having 2 top CBs (which the Legion of Boom enjoyed mind you) on each wideout will make passing on us very difficult. Then, going DT and LB in rounds 2 and 3 will help us be able to stop the run. Essentially giving us a chance to get better field position. In fact, it's possible we may even be able to have defencive players score TDs. When's the last time a threat of a defence that can score TDs too has happened with our defence?
also..TUF is a cool name..lol..sounds like a real football players name. We gotta address linebacker no doubt. We are woeful there. But it must start in the trenches..interior dline, MLB, SAFETY. That is where we are woefully soft...right up the guts of the D..all the way back to safety. WILSON is the lone bright spot back there. He proved to be a beast, a playmaker. Imagine how good our safeties will be if we land another good one next to him. Xavier Woods just stinks and has to go. He shouldnt be starting..plus..he's lazy. Cant coach anyone thats lazy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AMEN!!!! Its the tail that wags the dog. Maybe I am old school..but what happened to a deal is a deal? He just signed it 4 months ago!! You mean to tell me he took the money FULLY knowing how challenged this team was in the front office? HE HAD TO JNOW and no one can tell me different. He signed it, HE needs to honor it. He took the dang money.
Was he told that he would have input on the hiring of the next GM and HC at that time? The reports said he was told that at some point and I am assuming that was part of the sell on him extending.

To top that off, the best D player on the team is calling out his teammates for their lack of effort and heart during the season. HOU is a cluster and the only thing they have going for them is Watson and Watt, who showed up after the flood and endeared the fandom to them.

If you had agreed to terms with your employer 4 months ago but when it came time for them to carry out part of those terms, they reneged, how would you feel? They refused to even interview Eric Bienemy.

McNair is a mess. The 3 most popular players on the team, one is already gone to AZ, the other wants to be traded and the 3rd one we haven't heard from yet.