Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

Darkhound

Reaction score
It is never fun to watch a good player get hurt.. even if it is from a team we dislike. But damn.. seems the Eagles are also cursed.....

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
WARNING

Please do not let this turn into a personal attack thread just because you don't like if someone is Happy or not about this injury.

The last got shut down due to people getting personal about the topic and name calling.

Party pooper.

200.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By all accounts doesn't an ACL take 9 months to a year to recover? Doesn't this mean he's out at least a large part of the start of next season as well?

Usually, but some players recovered and played in 9 months. I believe Adrian Petersen did.
He could very well miss TC or most of it, and be ready for the season opener. It would be about 9 months. But how effective would he be. Best guess scenario, he starts the season on PUP to be safe. As the long term career is more at stake than the 1st 6 games.

All we know, most likely, is that the Eagles will have an early bye week, to help minimize games missed. And we will not play them until late in the season on both games.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What is the typical recovery time for torn ACLs? I am assuming he won't have surgery for another week or so. I know Adrian Peterson came back in world record time. How long will he be out next season too? Someone posted on another forum that he couldn't run until 8 months after ACL surgery.

I don't think the Eagles have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. So, I don't think they can expect much help from the draft for a backup to last until Wentz comes back. I doubt Eagles use their 1st rd pick on a backup QB when they have holes elsewhere. I doubt Wentz will be running scrambling so much when he does come back.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
By all accounts doesn't an ACL take 9 months to a year to recover? Doesn't this mean he's out at least a large part of the start of next season as well?

Depends on how he recovers but most likely he'll miss the beginning of next season. If I was the Eagles I'd gladly wait an extra month or so if there was any chance it would improve the long term health of the knee.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the typical recovery time for torn ACLs? I am assuming he won't have surgery for another week or so. I know Adrian Peterson came back in world record time. How long will he be out next season too? Someone posted on another forum that he couldn't run until 8 months after ACL surgery.

I don't think the Eagles have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. So, I don't think they can expect much help from the draft for a backup to last until Wentz comes back. I doubt Eagles use their 1st rd pick on a backup QB when they have holes elsewhere. I doubt Wentz will be running scrambling so much when he does come back.

I said at the beginning of the season. Others have probably said the same thing. With the style of play and the running and all the scrambling Wentz was doing. At some point he will / may get injured.
So if this slows down his running, and he has to rely on being in the pocket more. Yes, this can effect his game going forward. But way too early for that. Just need to see how it plays out next year. Then again a good running game would help with that.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Anyone know if it’s a full or partial tear? Been googling and can’t find anything.

A partial tear is usually a three month recovery time - would be back for their off-season workouts. A full tear is a 9 to 12 month recovery time, would miss into next season.

Either way, most QBs are not the same the year after an ACL injuries. See: Teddy Bridgewater,

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Imagine the ruage here if the cowboys traded up from 4 to 2 to draft wentz and then tore his acl as some hilariously suggested :rolleyes:

Gotta give credit where credit is due :lmao:

High 5's and imaginary credit for the eagles all around

pavalley

Reaction score
I said at the beginning of the season. Others have probably said the same thing. With the style of play and the running and all the scrambling Wentz was doing. At some point he will / may get injured.
So if this slows down his running, and he has to rely on being in the pocket more. Yes, this can effect his game going forward. But way too early for that. Just need to see how it plays out next year. Then again a good running game would help with that.
RG III part 2 ! atleast I hope......eagirls blow.....

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
You hate to see an injury like this to a young budding star, except when it's for the Eagles and you realize they will go another year without a trophy.

Anyone who disagrees with this stance is welcome to their opinion, but those of us that live in Jersey or PA will tell you that their fan base deserves this injury and 100 more just like it.
I am sorry it has to be this way, but the eagles made their bed the moment they cheered in the stands and danced in the streets after Irving got hurt in philly. From that day forward it is ok to applaud the injury to any and all eagles players.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Anyone know if it’s a full or partial tear? Been googling and can’t find anything.

A partial tear is usually a three month recovery time - would be back for their off-season workouts. A full tear is a 9 to 12 month recovery time, would miss into next season.

Either way, most QBs are not the same the year after an ACL injuries. See: Teddy Bridgewater,
:hammer::hammer::hammer::igglestrophy::igglestrophy::igglestrophy: