Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Hey, I give the guy credit. He tore it and barely flinched - Jordy Nelson had a similar reaction. Watch some ACL tears on Youtube and you'd swear that some guys are being waterboarded with McDonald's drive-thru coffee.
:laugh:

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
giphy.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh well......couldn't have happened ot a better fanbase. To the fake Cowboy fans who are Wentz fans on here? Risen? Among others? Sorry for your loss. Well...no I'm not. Good luck next season.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score

This is actually good news. No contact injury. Maybe he's got weak ligaments.

Nah. Most ACL injuries are without contact. It has to do with hyperextending the knee of the planted foot.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I respect and appreciate the player but hate the team/fans esp. when they applauded Michael Irvin's career ending neck injury in their stadium. Classless chumps.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
love it for the Eagles fanbase, cry Eagles cry!
hate it for Wentz, seems like a good, upstanding person

Last edited:

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
nevermind, i rewatched the play: #26 of the Rams puts his shoulder into Wentz's thigh

Sydla

Reaction score
nevermind, i rewatched the play: #26 of the Rams puts his shoulder into Wentz's thigh

They are saying he tore it before he was hit. When he planted to run. Looks innocuous on replay but the word up here is it was injured when he planted to run. Some whispers as Risen noted, that he might have some ligament issues long term as the twisting effect that tore the ACL didn't look that bad.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
They are saying he tore it before he was hit. When he planted to run. Looks innocuous on replay but the word up here is it was injured when he planted to run. Some whispers as Risen noted, that he might have some ligament issues long term as the twisting effect that tore the ACL didn't look that bad.
ahh that makes more sense, thanks

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Either way, most QBs are not the same the year after an ACL injuries. See: Teddy Bridgewater,

Mobility -wise sure but his head and arm are the same. Can't see it being that much of a detriment to his ability to scramble anyway, the main thing is that he is probably more likely to have it happen again in the future.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I hate the NFC east teams with a passion, but I would never wish for injury on any player. In the end it is only a FRIGGEN game and nothing more. Wentz is a good guy wish him the best and speedy recovery.

diefree666

Reaction score
it was easier with McFlabb as he was a bum anyway.

Wentz appears to be a real good kid. Sucks for him; love the Philthy suffering