Rapoport: Wentz tears ACL Per Eagles HC **merged**

phillycard

Reaction score
You hate to see an injury like this to a young budding star, except when it's for the Eagles and you realize they will go another year without a trophy.

Anyone who disagrees with this stance is welcome to their opinion, but those of us that live in Jersey or PA will tell you that their fan base deserves this injury and 100 more just like it.

Couldn't be more right. Maybe now the incessant bragging and arrogance dissipates a bit.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
While I can’t stand the eagles, I enjoy watching good football players.

Carson Wentz is a borderline great football player and a fun player to watch.

John813

Reaction score
Ugh. Back to back years where I lose my QB in Fantasy late into the season.
Carr last year, Wentz this year.

Prime pickings now in Bortles and Garraoapapaoolo

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Depends on how he recovers but most likely he'll miss the beginning of next season. If I was the Eagles I'd gladly wait an extra month or so if there was any chance it would improve the long term health of the knee.

Agree ......he's their long-term future. They won't take any changes. Considering the injury, football conditioning, I'm guessing he misses the first half of 2018 season. The question is will he be the same player..........

EGTuna

Reaction score
Nick Foles is probably not 1990 Jeff Hostetler, but the NFC is still wide open for the top teams. If our Cowboys don't make it, I think the Saints pull out the NFC as they have (by far?) the best Coach/QB combo left in the NFC.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Official this time.[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Mixed feelings. It would have been a lot more fun to watch them get eliminated with Wentz. Maybe that wouldn't have happened, but I don't think so.

Long term, the Eagles will have to re-think how they use him and will have to constantly wonder if he can finish even if the rest of the team plays at a high level. It also means he still won't have any playoff experience after this season.

LandryFan

Reaction score
By all accounts doesn't an ACL take 9 months to a year to recover? Doesn't this mean he's out at least a large part of the start of next season as well?
It's over 7 full months until TC begins. He'll have time in the off-season to heal and rehab, IMO. They'll baby him during TC, but he'll start the season...that you can bet on.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Usually, but some players recovered and played in 9 months. I believe Adrian Petersen did.
He could very well miss TC or most of it, and be ready for the season opener. It would be about 9 months. But how effective would he be. Best guess scenario, he starts the season on PUP to be safe. As the long term career is more at stake than the 1st 6 games.

All we know, most likely, is that the Eagles will have an early bye week, to help minimize games missed. And we will not play them until late in the season on both games.
I think you may be onto something, here...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Hey, I give the guy credit. He tore it and barely flinched - Jordy Nelson had a similar reaction. Watch some ACL tears on Youtube and you'd swear that some guys are being waterboarded with McDonald's drive-thru coffee.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Game #17 looks a lot more winnable, especially since Eagles have already clinched divsion. Unless they are playing for a bye or homefield They will want to rest as many starters as possible for the playoffs.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Nick Foles is probably not 1990 Jeff Hostetler, but the NFC is still wide open for the top teams. If our Cowboys don't make it, I think the Saints pull out the NFC as they have (by far?) the best Coach/QB combo left in the NFC.

I know it isn’t happening, but boy would I love for the Cowboys to make the playoffs as the 6 seed, knock out a team like the Saints, then head to Philly and play against them when we are at full strength.

That would be epic.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I give the guy credit. He tore it and barely flinched - Jordy Nelson had a similar reaction. Watch some ACL tears on Youtube and you'd swear that some guys are being waterboarded with McDonald's drive-thru coffee.

Better than Starbucks coffee. :laugh: