Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I've said is before, there's a price/penalty for getting a new deal two years left on your old on. If he was a free agent, yea, by all means, you deserve it but NOT when asking for a new contract early. It's like asking financial companies NOT to charge you interest money you're going to hold for two years. Either way, this is where I get off.........

EZEKIEL ELLIOTTRB, DALLAS COWBOYS

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Ezekiel Elliott wants to be the league's highest-paid running back.
That title currently belongs to Todd Gurley, who landed a four-year, $60 million extension last offseason. The Cowboys recently presented a deal that would make Zeke the second-richest back behind Gurley, but that was a non-starter for the two-time rushing champ. Per Rapoport, an offer north of Gurley's $15 million AAV is "probably the only thing that would get [Elliott] to engage" at this point. Unless the two sides can strike a compromise in the coming days, rookie Tony Pollard will lead the backfield when Dallas hosts the Giants in Week 1.

Dominate with our Draft Guide: See how far Pollard has been moving up our rankings!

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 30, 2019, 7:37 PM ET

Altestic

Reaction score
Fine. I sign him to $100k more than Gurley for AAV, with only a total of 3 years (basically only one new year) and half of Leveon Bell's guarantees. There you have it. Also his guarantees are 100% void if he gets suspended and the Cowboys can thus cut or trade him without any dead cap hit.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I think, and it's hoping too, we are waiting for the first few weeks. If we do well w/o Zeke and some teams struggle, we will find someone who is willing to give some high picks to get him.

Hope it works in our favor and this guy is outta here asap. I am like most here, for the players to get as much as they can, but do it right

If Dallas pays this guy what he is asking for or even near that, they will be sorry they did. mar my words

:cool:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I've said is before, there's a price/penalty for getting a new deal two years left on your old on. If he was a free agent, yea, by all means, you deserve it but NOT when asking for a new contract early. It's like asking financial companies NOT to charge you interest money you're going to hold for two years. Either way, this is where I get off.........

EZEKIEL ELLIOTTRB, DALLAS COWBOYS

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Ezekiel Elliott wants to be the league's highest-paid running back.
That title currently belongs to Todd Gurley, who landed a four-year, $60 million extension last offseason. The Cowboys recently presented a deal that would make Zeke the second-richest back behind Gurley, but that was a non-starter for the two-time rushing champ. Per Rapoport, an offer north of Gurley's $15 million AAV is "probably the only thing that would get [Elliott] to engage" at this point. Unless the two sides can strike a compromise in the coming days, rookie Tony Pollard will lead the backfield when Dallas hosts the Giants in Week 1.

Dominate with our Draft Guide: See how far Pollard has been moving up our rankings!

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 30, 2019, 7:37 PM ET

Whatever.

Zeke is ranked 432nd in total cash salaries for 2019.

That's right. 432nd.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/

Jerry will pay Zeke or he sits.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t think the contract will get done by opening day but I still think Zeke will show up before the game.