Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Funny thing, if Pollard blows up for 100+ yards and a few highlight reels, Zekes leverage plummets.
He’s gambling big, plus at that point Jerry can start takingback Zekes money, which he should.

Zeke will leave.

Then we lose an elite RB.

Btw, if it was that easy, every team would have an elite RB.

Polkton31

Reaction score
The ironic thing about this contract dispute is that Zeke and his agent negotiated, and signed the first one. Zeke feels he has out-performed that contract, and wants to be paid as the highest paid RB in the NFL. So, what does Zeke do? He refuses to honor the contract that he and his agent negotiated in the first place. I wonder if it would be ok with Zeke's agent, if Zeke got a new contract and then failed to pay his agent what they agreed on as his percentage. Or, if Zeke got a new contract and then his agent demanded more than what they agreed on as his percentage. My guess is, if either of those things happened, it wouldn't be cool to the one taking the kick to the nether region. One thing I am sure of though, if Zeke had under-performed his first three years, he sure as hell wouldn't be trying to renegotiate his contract to get paid less. You can bet your last dollar on that.

aria

Reaction score
The idea that a free grown man has to 'behave' according to his masters preference is an odd one. Implies a parent/child relationship. Or worse.
You’re right, it is a parent/child relationship. That’s what happens when you draft an immature grown man who acts like a child with no supervision.

Zeke needs a babysitter. Why do you think his dad was so concerned about him in college that he moved to be closer to him? Why do you think his own dad publicly expressed concern about he would handle the NFL?

Everyday that goes by more people are starting to realize who Zeke really is, he’s lost more and more support from fans and Jerry every time he’s done something stupid. Screwing over his team and Jerry after everything he’s done for him was the final straw for many.

Personally I don’t care if they do come to a deal. I know its unlikely but I don’t care to ever see him in a Cowboys uniform again, not only due to his personality but due to the position and money he wants.

Gaede

Reaction score
You’re right, it is a parent/child relationship. That’s what happens when you draft an immature grown man who acts like a child with no supervision.

Zeke needs a babysitter. Why do you think his dad was so concerned about him in college that he moved to be closer to him? Why do you think his own dad publicly expressed concern about he would handle the NFL?

Everyday that goes by more people are starting to realize who Zeke really is, he’s lost more and more support from fans and Jerry every time he’s done something stupid. Screwing over his team and Jerry after everything he’s done for him was the final straw for many.

Personally I don’t care if they do come to a deal. I know its unlikely but I don’t care to ever see him in a Cowboys uniform again, not only due to his personality but due to the position and money he wants.

Jerry. The notorious drunk, philanderer, narcissist.

He's the mature one?

links18

Reaction score
Zeke may want to be the highest paid at his position, who wouldn't? But is that what he is demanding?

aria

Reaction score
Jerry. The notorious drunk, philanderer, narcissist.

He's the mature one?
Nope but he’s the one making the decisions and although his off the field/personal behavior has been disgusting IMO it hasn’t directly hurt the team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Give him a little bonus money for this year and sign him next year to a new contract. He won’t do it though.