Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Praxit

Reaction score
..he's probably done as cowboy. Jerry already has been quoted saying, "You don't need a rushing champion to win the SB".

agk136

Reaction score
I predict Zeke will hold out the first game and possibly the second. I believe our running back by committee will do better than most people think. I believe Zeke is going to regret this holdout and I predict he will eventually be traded. Greed always comes back and bites you in the butt.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are right, Zeke needs to cut out all of the people by his side clammoring that he should be highest-paid RB.

Once Zeke gets paid, Faulk is going to be there with his hand out saying "I helped you get this..."

The agent is going to take his cut, and then will probably also get his "tip".

The outside trainers are going to expect something as well...

The NFL is a dirty business all around.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I predict Zeke will hold out the first game and possibly the second. I believe our running back by committee will do better than most people think. I believe Zeke is going to regret this holdout and I predict he will eventually be traded. Greed always comes back and bites you in the butt.

I believe the offense will struggle to score points. [See 2017.]

I also believe we will lose games, just like Dallas did in 1993 when Emmitt held out.

I also know that Jerry will be writing a very big Check Soon. Payable to Zeke.

HanD

Reaction score
Kamara has a way bigger gripe than Zeke. Can't want something early and be top paid. Can't ignore the whole contract you got before a single practice and conveniently only look at this year's base salary and then want big guaranteed money in your contract. That's called being a hypocrite.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Honest question here. Can anyone tell me one team that will pay Zeke more than Gurley, given his off-field issues and the real possibility of a suspension in the future? Not taking anything away from Zeke and his abilities, but I honestly don't see that happening.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Kamara has a way bigger gripe than Zeke. Can't want something early and be top paid. Can't ignore the whole contract you got before a single practice and conveniently only look at this year's base salary and then want big guaranteed money in your contract. That's called being a hypocrite.

This whole situation reminds me of Dez’s situation before he got his second contract. Pay the man! Pay the man! Then cut the man! Cut the Man!

Gaede

Reaction score
Honest question here. Can anyone tell me one team that will pay Zeke more than Gurley, given his off-field issues and the real possibility of a suspension in the future? Not taking anything away from Zeke and his abilities, but I honestly don't see that happening.
Every single team in the league would. With Gurley's knee probs, and his size and the way he plays, he is not a long-term runner.

Zeke, like Emmitt, is a master of avoiding big hits and preserving his body

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He may or may not. He probably does. But either way, Rapoport isn't a credible source.