Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So Zeke is supposed to play out a jacked up contract when hes making 50 percent below TGurley and Bell?

Really?

No that's not what I'm saying........I don't think he should get a top valued contract (as in highest paid ) while committed for 2 years under any old one. If he was a free agent ......I'm 100% behind him being best paid RB. Other words, you wanna be best paid, give me at least another year like the last 2-3.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is an awful lot of drama for a guy panned by advanced metrics and playing a position where quality starters can be found in mid-rounds.

It’s Dallas. We made a huge deal out of cutting our kicker last year.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Welp hope Pollard can carry the load. Lots of pressure on him now.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Every single team in the league would. With Gurley's knee probs, and his size and the way he plays, he is not a long-term runner.

Zeke, like Emmitt, is a master of avoiding big hits and preserving his body
lol, how does someone else’s knees figure into your contract negotiations? Zeke is a great player but he doesn’t have a case. He has been handily outperformed by Gurley for two years straight. He should take the 2nd best contract deal and head back to town.

Mr_437

Reaction score
What rock did Rapoport crawl from under to tell us what we already know?

We don't care about AAV as much as guaranteed money...that's the real number to know. Report that.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I've said is before, there's a price/penalty for getting a new deal two years left on your old on. If he was a free agent, yea, by all means, you deserve it but NOT when asking for a new contract early. It's like asking financial companies NOT to charge you interest money you're going to hold for two years. Either way, this is where I get off.........

EZEKIEL ELLIOTTRB, DALLAS COWBOYS

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Ezekiel Elliott wants to be the league's highest-paid running back.
That title currently belongs to Todd Gurley, who landed a four-year, $60 million extension last offseason. The Cowboys recently presented a deal that would make Zeke the second-richest back behind Gurley, but that was a non-starter for the two-time rushing champ. Per Rapoport, an offer north of Gurley's $15 million AAV is "probably the only thing that would get [Elliott] to engage" at this point. Unless the two sides can strike a compromise in the coming days, rookie Tony Pollard will lead the backfield when Dallas hosts the Giants in Week 1.

Dominate with our Draft Guide: See how far Pollard has been moving up our rankings!

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 30, 2019, 7:37 PM ET

Ummn, Gurley got his deal with 2 years remaining.

Time to rethink that price/penalty theory

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Pollard's time is now. I love Zeke but this hold out is way lame. Enjoy Cabo with your agent and Faulk.

The love affair with Pollard will wear off quick. He's not meant to be a bell cow. At all. Morris/Pollard = McFadden/Randle. Which was terrible despite what the yardage said. They could not sustain a drive to save their lives.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
How many of you think its more of an ego thing than the money. If you think that's it,it's not good for the team.

Gaede

Reaction score
lol, how does someone else’s knees figure into your contract negotiations? Zeke is a great player but he doesn’t have a case. He has been handily outperformed by Gurley for two years straight. He should take the 2nd best contract deal and head back to town.
Ha! He has been the NFLs rushing leader 2 out of 3 years. He is undoubtedly the best RB in the game. He should have the highest paying contract because there is no one better.

Gaede

Reaction score
How many of you think its more of an ego thing than the money. If you think that's it,it's not good for the team.
I think it is an ego thing for the Jones's. They don't want to be told what to pay someone; they want to set the terms.

Zeke has a great argument for a payraise and has said nothing to indicate this is an ego thing. He wants what he deserves and he knows he should get it.

Hardline

Reaction score
Ha! He has been the NFLs rushing leader 2 out of 3 years. He is undoubtedly the best RB in the game. He should have the highest paying contract because there is no one better.
Being the best doesn't void current contracts. Especially with two remaining years on it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
How many rushing TD’s did he have last season? He’s not the best.

Gaede

Reaction score
Being the best doesn't void current contracts. Especially with two remaining years on it.
No, but injuries, bad seasons, cap restrictions, coaching changes, front office changes, age, etc., are perfectly justifiable reasons for owners to cancel contracts?