Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Oh, you mean like the other 20 Zeke threads that you comment on hypocrite? I’m not sure if that comment was directed towards me or Zeke but you should take a good look in the mirror before you answer.

:’(

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
obvious Dv charges? When did that happen? I dont remember any DV charges.

Zeke's ex girlfriend claimed that he roughed her up, banged her head against a car window, slapped her, ect…...

The Police didnt file any charges due to "lack of evidence" and even the NFL's head of investigations said that she thought Zeke was being set up and didnt really do it, suppossedly there were some text messages that she sent Zeke telling him something to the effect that "they are never going to believe you over me", but King Goddell decided that due to the severity of the allegations, that Zeke should take a 6 week vacation.

Unfortunately for Zeke, this counts as a Domestic Violence suspension, meaning that his next DV charge carries a lifetime ban from the NFL. That could be why Dallas is reluctant to give Zeke a lot of guaranteed money in a new contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You just hit the nail on the head:hammer:

This is the exact reason why we cannot just pay Zeke whatever the hell he wants. Because if we blow our load on Zeke, there will not be enough money to resign our 36 free agents next year. So who you willing to let walk so Zeke can pound his chest at being the highest paid RB in NFL history? Larell Collins? Letting him walk next year? How about Malik Collins? How about Byron Jones?

See, its not so simple as just "pay Zeke whatever he wants". The more precise way to ask the question is, "are you willing to let Byron Jones and Larell Collins walk next year if you pay Zeke more than Gurley"?

Are you?
We let defensive guys go and try to replace them in draft. We aren’t selling most of their jerseys anyway. Lol

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We let defensive guys go and try to replace them in draft. We aren’t selling most of their jerseys anyway. Lol
:laugh:

Good point bro.....……….I was under the impression winning games was our goal, not selling jerseys...…..I stand corrected;)

Blackrain

Reaction score
Zeke's ex girlfriend claimed that he roughed her up, banged her head against a car window, slapped her, ect…...

The Police didnt file any charges due to "lack of evidence" and even the NFL's head of investigations said that she thought Zeke was being set up and didnt really do it, suppossedly there were some text messages that she sent Zeke telling him something to the effect that "they are never going to believe you over me", but King Goddell decided that due to the severity of the allegations, that Zeke should take a 6 week vacation.

Unfortunately for Zeke, this counts as a Domestic Violence suspension, meaning that his next DV charge carries a lifetime ban from the NFL. That could be why Dallas is reluctant to give Zeke a lot of guaranteed money in a new contract.

And the fact he is on tape putting his hands on a security guard as of late shows he has a learning disability and escalates there reluctance

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
obvious Dv charges? When did that happen? I dont remember any DV charges.
I think this is what is pissing most fans off. We didn't believe the ex and pretty much every Cowboys fan defended him. Jerry went to bat for him in a big way. He showes his appreciation for that by trying to blow up the Cowboys best chance at a SB since the mid 90s. We the fans had his back, Jerry had his back and his teammates had his back.
It really feels like a knife in the back. Showed a real flaw in his personality. He is an epic talent, but he isn't a good person.

ghst187

Reaction score
So Zeke is supposed to play out a jacked up contract when hes making 50 percent below TGurley and Bell?

Really?

Jacked up? Standard rookie contract. He would’ve gotten a big fat new deal next year withou having to throw a tantrum and torpedo a season. Pulling it this year was unsat. I don’t care if he’s here at all now.
If he misses more than a few games I hope we trade him to the XFL.