Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Funny thing, if Pollard blows up for 100+ yards and a few highlight reels, Zekes leverage plummets.
He’s gambling big, plus at that point Jerry can start takingback Zekes money, which he should.
giphy-downsized.gif

TwentyOne

Reaction score
So Zeke is supposed to play out a jacked up contract when hes making 50 percent below TGurley and Bell?

Really?

He is not on a jacked up contract. And he doesnt get 50% less.

Most important is the guaranteed money. Everthing else is not really important. They are just figures to blow up the deal and make it look good to the media.

Zeke: 24 mils
LeBell: 27 mils

LeBell is the 5th best paid RB when it comes to guaranteed money. The 4th to 2nd (i dont have their names right now) have 30 to 31.5 mils of guarantees.

Only exception is Gurley who has 45 mils of guranteed money. And no RB will get that ever again. Just ask the Rams.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think this is what is pissing most fans off. We didn't believe the ex and pretty much every Cowboys fan defended him. Jerry went to bat for him in a big way. He showes his appreciation for that by trying to blow up the Cowboys best chance at a SB since the mid 90s. We the fans had his back, Jerry had his back and his teammates had his back.
It really feels like a knife in the back. Showed a real flaw in his personality. He is an epic talent, but he isn't a good person.

I really think this is at the heart of it............Not only Jerry, but virtually every Cowboy's fan defended Zeke against these DV charges.

And this is how Zeke repays all of us? Demands to be the highest paid RB in NFL history or he will torpedo our season?

Zeke just kicked us all in the balls:banghead:

CapnB

Reaction score
I think this is what is pissing most fans off. We didn't believe the ex and pretty much every Cowboys fan defended him. Jerry went to bat for him in a big way. He showes his appreciation for that by trying to blow up the Cowboys best chance at a SB since the mid 90s. We the fans had his back, Jerry had his back and his teammates had his back.
It really feels like a knife in the back. Showed a real flaw in his personality. He is an epic talent, but he isn't a good person.

I dont disagree as far as jerry going to bat for him as well as most of us fans. I mean, we all saw he was innocent. I think he's got some really bad advice from people. I mean, i get it if he was on the last year of his deal. But he has 2 more years left and on top of it, like you said possibly the best team we've seen in a really long time. And now with Faulk supposedly in his hear, i think theres a chance he might not play at all this year, especially if Pollard comes in kicks butt. I think Jerry will let him sit out or he will trade him. I'm a zeke fan, i get the bone head mistakes off the field. I was a young 20 something-year-old kid once upon time. But, i dont like there being drama all the time. And there seems to be a trend of drama with him nearly every year. And this holding out business, man. I just dont know. I dont blame Jerry for being ticked off. Especially when it comes down to are you going to be able to afford 4 yachts or 8.

CapnB

Reaction score
You’d notice a 20ish % raise right now wouldn’t you?

you mean i could buy 7 yachts instead of 4? lol nah man not really. having that title of highest paid RB wouldnt be that important either. 13 mil a year with 40 something guaranteed ? Yeah im plenty satisfied.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I dont disagree as far as jerry going to bat for him as well as most of us fans. I mean, we all saw he was innocent. I think he's got some really bad advice from people. I mean, i get it if he was on the last year of his deal. But he has 2 more years left and on top of it, like you said possibly the best team we've seen in a really long time. And now with Faulk supposedly in his hear, i think theres a chance he might not play at all this year, especially if Pollard comes in kicks butt. I think Jerry will let him sit out or he will trade him. I'm a zeke fan, i get the bone head mistakes off the field. I was a young 20 something-year-old kid once upon time. But, i dont like there being drama all the time. And there seems to be a trend of drama with him nearly every year. And this holding out business, man. I just dont know. I dont blame Jerry for being ticked off. Especially when it comes down to are you going to be able to afford 4 yachts or 8.
Its not a matter of how many yachts Jerry can afford, its a matter of how many of the 36 free agents we have next year we can afford.

Put it like this. If we sign Zeke for less than Gurley money, we can save enough to resign Cooper. If we have to pay Zeke more than Gurley, we cant afford to pay Cooper and he leaves as a free agent next season.

You willing to lose Cooper because Zeke wants to be highest paid RB, not second highest paid RB?

I am not, and it appears that Jerry and Steven are not also................how about you?

Reactions: CWR

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really think this is at the heart of it............Not only Jerry, but virtually every Cowboy's fan defended Zeke against these DV charges.

And this is how Zeke repays all of us? Demands to be the highest paid RB in NFL history or he will torpedo our season?

Zeke just kicked us all in the balls:banghead:

All 20 plus years of ineptitude, is laid at the feet of Zeke; got it.

aria

Reaction score
Just a bunch of noise, nothing factual...I'm stunned. :rolleyes:

0afc2d379b2deab6b5c4dc5dae95df43.jpg
Great reply. Don’t address the actual topic, don’t answer questions...just act like 5 year old trapped in a mans body. No wonder you like Zeke so much, you two have something in common.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny thing, if Pollard blows up for 100+ yards and a few highlight reels, Zekes leverage plummets.
He’s gambling big, plus at that point Jerry can start takingback Zekes money, which he should.

I wish he would start doing it already. I feel he's been far too patient with this nonsense.

Reactions: CWR

aria

Reaction score

Yawn. I guess ai should finally put you on ignore, I’ve already killed enough brain cells reading your posts. Don’t forget to ask your mommy to change your diapers this morning.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great reply. Don’t address the actual topic, don’t answer questions...just act like 5 year old trapped in a mans body. No wonder you like Zeke so much, you two have something in common.

And he apparently has the nerve and total lack of self awareness to call everyone else "emotional".

:laugh:

CapnB

Reaction score
Its not a matter of how many yachts Jerry can afford, its a matter of how many of the 36 free agents we have next year we can afford.

Put it like this. If we sign Zeke for less than Gurley money, we can save enough to resign Cooper. If we have to pay Zeke more than Gurley, we cant afford to pay Cooper and he leaves as a free agent next season.

You willing to lose Cooper because Zeke wants to be highest paid RB, not second highest paid RB?

I am not, and it appears that Jerry and Steven are not also................how about you?

No, i mean how many zeke can afford. why does it really matter between 13 and 16 mil ? you can only buy 4 instead of 7? Im hoping Zeke comes to his senses and realizes there are other important pieces to this team we cant afford to lose in the future.

Sydla

Reaction score
The idea that a free grown man has to 'behave' according to his masters preference is an odd one. Implies a parent/child relationship. Or worse.

LOL.

This is such a hilarious post.

GMO415

Reaction score
Narcissis. So next year when Barkley gets $20 million, is this punk going to sit out again?