Rapsheet: Sean Payton has not committed to returning to the Saints 2022

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ya know Payton isn't Belicheck, but it sure would add a new level of hope and excitement if Jerry was able to snag him out of Nawlins.
it would have a new level of hope. this is just what Jerry does. lets not forget that Payton had Brees and has only one one superbowl, with a future HOF QB. he had some very good resources. could never find the right DC and had some of the worst, absolute worst defenses (head coach responsibility to build his defense). without Brees, the team has struggled. and he got himself suspended.

not sure Payton is all that....its just the grass on the other side, it seems greener.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Sean Payton is the quarterback whisperer supposedly. Prescott needs to improve in the pocket, which includes eluding pressure and scrambling for yardage more when the play is there. I think Prescott has gone as far as he can with Moore, it's time for someone new.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The closest we will get to Payton, is watching the Netflix movie about the Saints with Kevin James
I don't see Kevin James as Payton. Maybe Kevin James as McCarthy.

It would have been great to see Chris Farley as Jimmy Johnson screaming "The Asthma Field is over there!" while pointing to the parking lot.

I see Sean Payton as some combination of Ed Norton in Fight Club and Christian Bale in American Psycho.

A docudrama chronicling the lives of Hitler, Belichick, Tom Brady and Stalin.

Water Boy II: Bobby's Bochet vs Micah Parsons
- Go all out with special effects and Adam Sandler then show real game clips of Parsons...
- Obviously Parsons wins.

The Crypt-Keeper from Tales from the Crypt as Jerry.

Chris Farley as Aaron Rodgers "I'm a loser and I live in a Van down by the river".

Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump as Romo.

The remake of Dallas with Jerry as JR Ewing.
- Would have to tweak to story to make Bobby JR's son instead of brother with Stephen in that role.

garyv

Reaction score
Says he's under contract till 2024. Mentions he may 'retire' and then come back the year after.

So probably no hope of him coming in this year. But 2023...

Unless the Saints realize this and take compensation from a team this season so he can coach in 2022. The saga continues

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry has made that call 2 him. 100%. Jerry doing his due diligence. He is pissed. Last time I seen Jerry this ticked was right before he fired Wade. He was best friends with him if I recall. Jerry put everyone on blast this past week during the radio interview on 105.3 the Fan.

Gaede

Reaction score
Unless the Saints realize this and take compensation from a team this season so he can coach in 2022. The saga continues

That would explain why a coach would leak his desire to walk away from a 3 year deal

Saints may be pressured to get something out of nothing.

garyv

Reaction score
Why would he want to come to a team where he has no power..

He knows Jerry and Stephen very very well and would probably have a little more pull than McCarthy.

Plus Payton knows McClay is a very good person to work with on player acquistions

glimmerman

Reaction score
He knows Jerry and Stephen very very well and would probably have a little more pull than McCarthy.

Plus Payton knows McClay is a very good person to work with on player acquistions
Stop teasing me..

snadler

Reaction score
Please DONT bring him here. He’s the exact same guy as McCarthy. It would take a boatload of picks to get him also.

He gets way overhyped for what he’s actually done. 2 years ago he had the #1 seed and lost to the Vikings in the divisional round. Sound familiar? He also had 3 straight years of 500 or worse.
I couldn’t disagree more

phildadon86

Reaction score
Please DONT bring him here. He’s the exact same guy as McCarthy. It would take a boatload of picks to get him also.

He gets way overhyped for what he’s actually done. 2 years ago he had the #1 seed and lost to the Vikings in the divisional round. Sound familiar? He also had 3 straight years of 500 or worse.
He lost on a horrible mistake by a corner not tackling someone lol. That’s not on him dude

snadler

Reaction score
Payton couldn’t be more opposite of Fat Mike in literally every way possible. Disciplined, creative, understands time management, gets his QB’s to play at an elite level. Remember Brees was good but became a hall of famer with Payton..heck h even got Winston to cut down on turnovers last year. Getting Payton would be the best move this organization has made in a very long time

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not certainly better. He may be a touch but it’s not by a landslide.

S. Payton
NO
M. McCarthy
DAL

Right.
And Sean has the same number of SB wins as Mike, in how many years now has Sean been in NO?

For those that say MM won because of Rodgers, well did SP win because of Brees.
Which both only have 1 SB as well as the QB's.

Loso86

Reaction score
Hopefully Stephen and McClay tell Jerry this is nothing more than a PR stunt. It won’t change on the field results.
So he wouldn't boost our offense huh. NOT the same guy as MM. SP would actually call plays and not let an inexperienced guy control the ship and run it down

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'd rather have mccarthy....unless payton is bringing drew brees with him.

snadler

Reaction score
The saints lost on the road to minny, by a miracle reception, how were they the #1 seed? Anyone that compares fat mike and Payton truly have a hard time grasping the nfl