Rapsheet: Sean Payton has not committed to returning to the Saints 2022

ArbynTX

Reaction score
Jerry wouldn’t pay the money it would take.

He says he’d do whatever to win a Super Bowl and sign some big check but the reality is he is fine with status quo.
I’m not sure he wouldn’t pay. The question is whether Payton would come. If he made a few phone calls to past coaches about having J J as a boss, he may just say ‘thanks but no thanks’

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m not sure he wouldn’t pay. The question is whether Payton would come. If he made a few phone calls to past coaches about having J J as a boss, he may just say ‘thanks but no thanks’
Listen to fisher who has a personal relationship with Jerry. He has said Payton and Jerry have a great relationship and has said at some point Payton will work for Dallas again. Maybe not as coach... but Payton knows exactly what Jerry is and they get along great. He won't need to make any calls to ask.

ArbynTX

Reaction score
Listen to fisher who has a personal relationship with Jerry. He has said Payton and Jerry have a great relationship and has said at some point Payton will work for Dallas again. Maybe not as coach... but Payton knows exactly what Jerry is and they get along great. He won't need to make any calls to ask.

Then give the man a blue star :star:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I wonder if that's why Jerry won't commit to McCarthy beign back. I wonder if they've had talks between each other

Blake

Reaction score
Yea. Jerry missed the boat on having Payton in his prime after 2005. I was mad when he wasn't made the head coach. He won't have the same impact he could've had then though.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think people underestimate how hard winning Super Bowls have become.
That’s my thought as well. Brady has made it look easy when it’s not. A lot of hall of famers only pull out 1 in their careers. Look at poor Dan Marino.

I keep seeing the comparison from McCarthy to Payton as they only won one super bowl. I still would feel more comfortable with Sean as coach than McCarthy. McCarthy in game coaching is atrocious at times.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
He's an upgrade over MM so yeah I'm on board. Shannahan and BB are never becoming avail so what's the next best options is what we have to look at

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's an upgrade over MM so yeah I'm on board. Shannahan and BB are never becoming avail so what's the next best options is what we have to look at

he might be a slight upgrade but not at the cost to get him out of his current contract,

I would luv SP to be here but not at the high cost of picks and other compensation pus paying off MM to leave, that's steep.

_sturt_

Reaction score
So, let's think carefully about this... who's had worse experience with officiating, really?... hehe

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Ya know Payton isn't Belicheck, but it sure would add a new level of hope and excitement if Jerry was able to snag him out of Nawlins.
Come on if Peyton can win 10 games with Simein and Hill , he can definitely do better here . We all know he is a good offensive coach and leaves defense in capable hands, Last couple of seasons Saints defense is good.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Payton can’t be worse than what we’ve had here since Jimmy left.

I’d try him as head coach but only if we don’t have to give up draft picks.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's funny to me that the majority of posters will bang on the table for "no more retreads", but then want to move mountains to try and get Sean Payton. lol