Rashaan Evans VS Leighton Vander Esch

Xavier187

Reaction score
Payne is not a bad player just a bad spot at 19. You drop back to Pat's pick at 23 and grab there late 2nd then you grab Payne. But not 19. You gotta get value

jday

Reaction score
Rueben Foster's career is over.
Weeeeeaaaaaak! C'mon man you can do better than that. That's all you have? Something that has nothing to do with the current talent pool available in this year draft? You said that like,"Rueben Foster's career is over...so you can expect Evans, Payne, Fitzpatrick to follow suit!" :thumbdown:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Weeeeeaaaaaak! C'mon man you can do better than that. That's all you have? Something that has nothing to do with the current talent pool available in this year draft? You said that like,"Rueben Foster's career is over...so you can expect Evans, Payne, Fitzpatrick to follow suit!" :thumbdown:
He should be the last player someone should be bragging about. A bunch of idiots wanted him last year knowing he had red flags and look what happened.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
One thing I think that really gets overlooked is how much better LVE is in coverage.

Everyone's like "Evans blows up blockers (he does) and LVE gets glued on blocks! (he does)." But I think people lock on to that too much. NFL teams throw it like 55% or 60% of the time, so coverage is really these guys' #1 job. Evans is average in coverage, LVE looks incredibly natural dropping into zone. The disparity between these two players in coverage is wider than their disparity in block shedding IMO, and few people talk about it.

Cap12

Reaction score
LVE is a 3-4 lb ..Evans is from a 4-3 mlb and top coaching....Evans is my pick...C Kirk wr A&M 2nd round
You got it wrong. Evans is a 3-4 Wil and Vander Esch is a Wil in a hybrid scheme.. LVE has the size to play NFL Mike, Evans does not.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ive flipped and flopped....I really like both of these guys...I think they are both damn good football players.
started Evans....leaned LvE....now Ive tilted back to Evans...no reason other than they all went to Bamas pro day.....did that at Ohio St...got Zeke.....did that at Usc...got Tyron....so its Ridley,Payne or Evans.
this'n here is LB v LB.....I lean Evans.
bama caravan to pro day is my reason.
both'll be damn good.

John813

Reaction score
Ive flipped and flopped....I really like both of these guys...I think they are both damn good football players.
started Evans....leaned LvE....now Ive tilted back to Evans...no reason other than they all went to Bamas pro day.....did that at Ohio St...got Zeke.....did that at Usc...got Tyron....so its Ridley,Payne or Evans.
this'n here is LB v LB.....I lean Evans.
bama caravan to pro day is my reason.
both'll be damn good.

To be fair, Alabama has a lot more draftable players at their pro day for the defensive side of the ball. DE's, DT's, safety, LBs etc that we could be interested in at multiple stages of the draft. Unless Evans did his drills another day?

Billyd

Reaction score
You got it wrong. Evans is a 3-4 Wil and Vander Esch is a Wil in a hybrid scheme.. LVE has the size to play NFL Mike, Evans does not.

LOL..Evans weighs 230 Ever weigh Lee or Smith? Lve is already playing inside lbr but he projects to a will in a 4/3...Between the two, Lve is not violent enough to play mlb in the nfl, at 25 pounds heavier than Evans..Last Evans is a football player..I dont think either one is first rd quality..

Billyd

Reaction score
To be fair, Alabama has a lot more draftable players at their pro day for the defensive side of the ball. DE's, DT's, safety, LBs etc that we could be interested in at multiple stages of the draft. Unless Evans did his drills another day?

I do doubt Stephen will take a one tech.Idkw other than his bs excuse!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
LOL..Evans weighs 230 Ever weigh Lee or Smith? Lve is already playing inside lbr but he projects to a will in a 4/3...Between the two, Lve is not violent enough to play mlb in the nfl, at 25 pounds heavier than Evans..Last Evans is a football player..I dont think either one is first rd quality..
The Cowboys disagree with you. They think he can play all 3 positions and project him as their Mike. They aren't the only ones either. Sean Lee has been listed as 6-2 236 (current roster says 245) and played at 245 when the Cowboys played in a 3-4. Smith was listed 6-2 245 last year and this year is listed 6-2 240. Rolando McClain was 6-4 255. Urlacher 6-4 258 played for Marinelli in Chicago.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/roster

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score
He should be the last player someone should be bragging about. A bunch of idiots wanted him last year knowing he had red flags and look what happened.

In the context of this conversation, he was a viable add to the list. Not sure whom he was responding to (might of been you), but the individual claimed that you cannot trust the talent level coming out of Alabama. The post you responded to was merely pointing out that alot of talented players come from there. That has nothing to do with whether or not he's a headcase. Especially considering none of the current Bama players being considered in the first round have those same type of red flags.

Billyd

Reaction score
The Cowboys disagree with you. They think he can play all 3 positions and project him as their Mike. They aren't the only ones either. Sean Lee has been listed as 6-2 236 (current roster says 245) and played at 245 when the Cowboys played in a 3-4. Smith was listed 6-2 245 last year and this year is listed 6-2 240. Rolando McClain was 6-4 255. Urlacher 6-4 258 played for Marinelli in Chicago.

WHAT SEASON? i have looked at his fine presentation in what league does he play in? He is weak.. Will not start, and you dont draft first round to sit..lets try this a dif way..Who is he going to beat out to start?
NEITHER him or Evans are first round picks..I know the media is yanking your chain.. DONT GO TO THE DARK SIDE LUKE!

Remember what i said about Lve..Some of that applies to Evans..He can play outside or put on some weight and play inside. BUT I also think Lve and Evans are not first round quality..Further you actually believe what the media is rprting.? My team is saying....So who is your team?

Last edited:

Billyd

Reaction score
In the context of this conversation, he was a viable add to the list. Not sure whom he was responding to (might of been you), but the individual claimed that you cannot trust the talent level coming out of Alabama. The post you responded to was merely pointing out that alot of talented players come from there. That has nothing to do with whether or not he's a headcase. Especially considering none of the current Bama players being considered in the first round have those same type of red flags.

Not even sure who somebody said was a,headcase..Maybe they are referring to Evans not running in the combine...I already have his 40, i dont doubt that Garret tapped the coach on tb
The shoulder and got that done either..So headcase?

jday

Reaction score

Who is "they" exactly? The problem with this argument is that it refers to a mysterious "they" as if that encompasses the beliefs and minds of every member in the Front Office...and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that's not true. I suspect the front office beliefs mirror that of the zone, which is to say, it's all over the page.

jday

Reaction score
Not even sure who somebody said was a,headcase..Maybe they are referring to Evans not running in the combine...I already have his 40, i dont doubt that Garret tapped the coach on tb
The shoulder and got that done either..So headcase?
Recap: Someone said that Alabama players are suspect...that they don't produce NFL ready players...otherwise suggesting that they are system players.

In response to that, someone listed off all of the talented Bama players currently playing in the NFL, which included Reuben Foster.

In response to that, someone said Rueben Foster's career is over, as if his off the field issuess had anything to do with the conversation about Bama talent.

My response was to that.

Billyd

Reaction score
Got you..I have another..just for grins..
Bobby Carpenter was the last Lbr the Cowboys took in the first round..I think you or the Bama Hater said that..If i had a guess thats probly a rule..

Take sure pick for Dallas to take a lbr number 1..Smith or Edmunds maybe..So Im not buying this. MOORE i can buy..Not this.

Cap12

Reaction score
WHAT SEASON? i have looked at his fine presentation in what league does he play in? He is weak.. Will not start, and you dont draft first round to sit..lets try this a dif way..Who is he going to beat out to start?
NEITHER him or Evans are first round picks..I know the media is yanking your chain.. DONT GO TO THE DARK SIDE LUKE!

Remember what i said about Lve..Some of that applies to Evans..He can play outside or put on some weight and play inside. BUT I also think Lve and Evans are not first round quality..Further you actually believe what the media is rprting.? My team is saying....So who is your team?

Both players are not 1st rounds grades, but there are only about 18 of these players in this draft, so you are likely to have to draft a guy with a 1-2 grade if you are picking at 19 (especially when you weigh your needs).