Rat problem

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Waldo, just buy a female cat and keep it. Farrel is a really bad idea. Females are better about not marking there territory. If you just keep a cat around, the rats will just stay away because of the sent. They don't even have to be good mousers. The sent of a cat will help you greatly.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Waldo, just buy a female cat and keep it. Farrel is a really bad idea. Females are better about not marking there territory. If you just keep a cat around, the rats will just stay away because of the sent. They don't even have to be good mousers. The sent of a cat will help you greatly.

i would but i am never there to take care of a pet.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
i would but i am never there to take care of a pet.

Cat's are pretty independent. If you can figure out a way to allow the cat to be home or inside for a few months, they will stay. If you can't do this because you just aren't home, then I'm afraid you will probably always have a rat problem. They bread so fast and it doesn't take long for them to just over run a place if not tended. I use to have a house on the Golf Course and I mean, there were mice coming in all the time, from the golf course. I finally just bought a couple of cats and never had the problem again. Rats just left and the Cats never went outside so it's not even a thing where they got hunted.

I don't know waldo, that's a tough one if you are simply not around enough.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Cat's are pretty independent. If you can figure out a way to allow the cat to be home or inside for a few months, they will stay. If you can't do this because you just aren't home, then I'm afraid you will probably always have a rat problem. They bread so fast and it doesn't take long for them to just over run a place if not tended. I use to have a house on the Golf Course and I mean, there were mice coming in all the time, from the golf course. I finally just bought a couple of cats and never had the problem again. Rats just left and the Cats never went outside so it's not even a thing where they got hunted.

I don't know waldo, that's a tough one if you are simply not around enough.

no, the rats dont get inside the house. but in a gap between inside and outside walls. cat needs to wait outside to get it at night. except that gap is all over the house including the roof.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
no, the rats dont get inside the house. but in a gap between inside and outside walls. cat needs to wait outside to get it at night

I understand but the deal is that you really have to keep the cat in the house for a few months. If you do not, there is a very good chance that the cat will simply leave. They have to bond to the area in order to make it work so it doesn't matter if the rats are inside or not. It's about the cat really. As to the issues you have with the Rats in the walls, the sent of the cat will still work and they will leave.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I understand but the deal is that you really have to keep the cat in the house for a few months. If you do not, there is a very good chance that the cat will simply leave. They have to bond to the area in order to make it work so it doesn't matter if the rats are inside or not. It's about the cat really. As to the issues you have with the Rats in the walls, the sent of the cat will still work and they will leave.

problem - i am rarely there so cannot have pet.
i am there once a month.
i have one may be two rats at the moment.
i am going to lure the feral cats in the neighbor to visit for 2 days during my stay with cat food/catnip and fish.
i presume they will smell the rats near my house and stick around for the meal late at night...
i hope...

forgot to mention - i am allergic to cats so inhouse is not an option :lmao:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
problem - i am rarely there so cannot have pet.
i am there once a month.
i have one may be two rats at the moment.
i am going to lure the feral cats in the neighbor to visit for 2 days during my stay with cat food/catnip and fish.
i presume they will smell the rats near my house and stick around for the meal late at night...
i hope...

forgot to mention - i am allergic to cats so inhouse is not an option :lmao:

I wish you luck. I am not certain this is going to work for you waldo. Wild cats will simply eat what you put out and then be on their way. They will hunt an area that has a lot of mice because the more the better right? If there are only a few, I am not certain that they will stay.

Hope it works for you.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I wish you luck. I am not certain this is going to work for you waldo. Wild cats will simply eat what you put out and then be on their way. They will hunt an area that has a lot of mice because the more the better right? If there are only a few, I am not certain that they will stay.

Hope it works for you.

thanks, i hope it works also.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
no, the rats dont get inside the house. but in a gap between inside and outside walls. cat needs to wait outside to get it at night. except that gap is all over the house including the roof.
It's just a matter of time. They can burrow inside eventually. This is serious. Don't let them have the opportunity. They are resourceful.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
serious questions about rats and cats.
my house in SF has an unusual structure with 1.5 feet gap between a tile exterior and the inside wall.
i got a rat that is living there.

i dont have a cat and want to borrow a cat.
we got lots of feral cats in the neighborhood.
i figure out i will use some catnip to attract a few one night to take care of the rat.

i have a 70 feet long driveway that is very steep.
i figure i will use multiple piles of catnip/catfood to lure the cats up the driveway.

any ideas?
will it work?
any downside risks?
how far can a cat smell catnip from?
how much should i use?

thanks!
LMAOOOOOOOO

Putty, LMAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO