Rate Dak’s performance

Swagger

Reaction score
People get confused, because he is accurate, including deep, on his first read and when he knows where he is going. But once you disrupt his rhythm, which happens when OL blocking is average to decent, you see the problems starting. He holds on to the ball too long, he checks it down, coupled with his slow and awkward release, the throws become errant. He’s slow scanning the field and, while strong, he moves awkwardly,
Agree all round and his mobility is now horrific

Swagger

Reaction score
I will give him a pass on the pick because he was hit solidly in the head that should have been a penalty. So many other things though where he just does not make good decisions-3rd and 5 with 5 to go and he could at least try to run and keep the clock going but he just throws it away. He had a chance to run for the first!
He was too slow going through his reads and by the time he decided to throw an elite QB like Brady would have just accepted the situation and ate the sack with the team winning by 10 points well into the 4th quarter against a Tight End playing QB with a broken finger in his throwing hand. It was dumb and selfish to ignore the concept of situational football.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was too slow going through his reads and by the time he decided to throw an elite QB like Brady would have just accepted the situation and ate the sack with the team winning by 10 points well into the 4th quarter against a Tight End playing QB with a broken finger in his throwing hand. It was dumb and selfish to ignore the concept of situational football.
Till the end, he was trying to pad his Dak-Stats.....Have we forgotten the Falcons game?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
6.5 seems fair enough. He'll look way better again if the OL returns to form. :cool:

Let's consider, too, that he won versus a very good defense, at their venue. o_O

The entire team deserves due credit for winning vs. a very desperate team. :)

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak struggled and was below average. I'm also watching this oline and they are just awful too. Cooper doesn't look right and neither does Zeke. Dak also looks very slow.
I don't know what's going on but the WFT team is coming and they seem to be on a roll with Heineke. It seems like this is Daks MO against teams with a better defense. His consistency and decision making gets worse. To Daks credit he made a couple really spot on passes to Lamb.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don't know what's going on but the WFT team is coming and they seem to be on a roll with Heineke. It seems like this is Daks MO against teams with a better defense. His consistency and decision making gets worse. To Daks credit he made a couple really spot on passes to Lamb.

Yep WFT's another good rush defense. We're a great team when we can kill with a 100 rushes, however, when we have to force the issue (especially catch-up plays) we seem sadly lacking.

As you also say, there are glimpses of elite play, but interspersed with some rubbish.....but for me that's who Dak really is. I can accept that and think we can still win with it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep WFT's another good rush defense. We're a great team when we can kill with a 100 rushes, however, when we have to force the issue (especially catch-up plays) we seem sadly lacking.

As you also say, there are glimpses of elite play, but interspersed with some rubbish.....but for me that's who Dak really is. I can accept that and think we can still win with it.

Dak does not have a great track record in D.C. and this is most worrisome!
Micah work your magic man we're going to need every once of it!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score

Inconsistency is tough to overcome. I'm not expecting Dak to be perfect but he has these stretches of it that just don't make sense. They come out after halftime and two 3 and outs when they really needed to put something on the score board to set the tone. Thankfully the defense got the int because the Saints were close to scoring.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hopefully, the entire team will fare better once they get past three games in a short time span. Getting more of our injured players returning should help significantly. Far too many members here devote themselves to being critics more than fans. Dak is battered -- deal with it, folks. Much better days are just around the corner. ;)

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Hopefully, the entire team will fare better once they get past three games in a short time span. Getting more of our injured players returning should help significantly. Far too many members here devote themselves to being critics more than fans. Dak is battered -- deal with it, folks. Much better days are just around the corner. ;)

Well we do have 3 day rest advantage over WFT.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’d say a 6. He made some incredible throws tonight and missed some as well. We got the W. I know the “real quarterback experts here” will talk about that interception and leave out that he was throwing with his eyes closed due to a shot to the head but hey whatever lol. The whole offense needs time to gel again. They have all missed time recently and we had 3 games in 12 days. I think you’re going to see this team back to where it was come the Washington game

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’d say a 6. He made some incredible throws tonight and missed some as well. We got the W. I know the “real quarterback experts here” will talk about that interception and leave out that he was throwing with his eyes closed due to a shot to the head but hey whatever lol

Doesnt he use "THE FORCE", Luke? ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well we do have 3 day rest advantage over WFT.

Sounds good to me! We'll have time for some dog-tired players to rest and our coaches to return after their protective time off. The WFT has recovered their mojo, lately, so any fair advantage we can get should help our cause. We'll, finally, have time to prepare and return in better shape. Whew! :)

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he played an excellent game. He doesn’t get hit in the face he doesn’t throw an interception. Cd lamb doesn’t go the wrong way that’s a touchdown
How do you know ceedee went the wrong way. Why would you assume that....ridiculous protection of dak.
Just after that, Cooper ran the same play on the other side.....turning inside on a skinny post route.

Turning inside to an open field...the skinny post....was more likely the correct route. Dsk missed it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Considering the run game was non existent besides pollards one run. Ill go with a 7-8. He had a couple bad throws but had a bunch of amazing throws. His one int was a blown call getting hit in the face while throwing. And if ceedee turns inside instead of outside on that seam throw its a td.

We should figure out whats wrong with the run game before trying to crucify Dak. Mini bye week coming up to get the issues cleaned up