Rate Dak's Performance

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny, we give up 44 points and 6 TDS in a row. and the one of the first posts is about Dak's performance. completely ignoring a complete meltdown of our defense. Nobody is exempt from this mess, but the area that needs to be focused on is definitely misplaced.

This post just screams agenda driven.
Or a bunch of dummies

Surfguy

Reaction score
Dak gonna Dak. Good enough to beat up on the mediocre teams and good enough to pad stats to make it seem respectable. Otherwise, he’s quite pedestrian. On rare occasions, he has a good game against a tougher team. But, when the rest of the team plays poorly as well, then Dak tries to do too much and trouble results so he can’t just be a game manager. With a poor running game, it could spiral for Dak. That’s why I’m so mad about the decisions made for the running back position in the off-season and draft. Just made Dak’s life more difficult imo. I hope that vet RB we picked up in the practice squad can come in and make an impact. Of course, a lot of it depends on o-line run blocking as well. I HATE this RB committee BS!!!!!!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Solid C..............he is not the reason we lost................but, he is not going to put the team on his back and carry them, he is just not that type of QB despite the contract.
Try D. Leading the offense to only 19 points isn't even average in the current NFL. The Defense sucked the most today, but 19 points isn't enough for me to say that Dak tried his hardest to make this a game.

rangers71

Reaction score
Dak tries his best. I can't blame him anymore

He is just an untalented bum, but at least he tries. It's not his fault that he just doesn't have the physical and mental gifts to be a consistently good QB.

The problem is Jerry paying him as if he is anything different from the untalented bum he was, is, and always will be.
You are not very bright are you.

aikemirv

Reaction score
CeeDee and Dak were off in that throw. Dak thought CeeDee was running a different route. You don't know what the correct route was called.

Missing Zeke happened due to an untouched DE being in Dak's face. Very hars for any QB to hit their RB accurately in the flats. The Rams' Matthew Stafford and the Chiefs Patrick Mahomes missed 2 similar throws to their RBs because of a defender in their face. Pretty sure their fans didn't blast or blame them for throwing short to their wide open RBs.

4th down throw and pick was due to pressure in the pocket and trying to make something happen after being down 3+ scores with no running game and only 1 legit WR

Same thing happened with the fumble (which was recovered by the Cowboys and settled for a FG). Pocket collapsed around Dak immediately, forcing him to try to run with the football which was stripped by a defensive player.

What else?
I don't but I know where the opening of the field was - across the middle where CD was going.

Missed Zeke - make a play dak- easy throw! That's hwat top QB's do

4th down force - he should have run - gave up on the play. Forces the ball on 3rd and 4th - gives up on those plays instead of moving around and trying to make a play!

aikemirv

Reaction score
2 weeks in a row of underwhelming QB play from him, and today was way worse than last week. The D isn't helping and as I mentioned countless times the unknown OL is not helping either. Dak is unable to carry this team, and it showed today again
He can't make plays. He can throw the ball from the pocket when he has an open receiver but when nothing is open he can't make a play. Slow as molasses and does not get out of the pocket fast enough when things break down. Not near worth 25% of you cap. He just does not make a difference!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
That's about where I have him. In today's NFL, you absolutely must get the ball into the end zone. Kicking FG's will beat the Gnats of the league, but not most playoff teams.
I disagree. No matter how bad the defense plays, Dak has to consistently be Tom Brady out there. That is the contract he demanded, and he compared himself to Joe Montana recently. Since he demanded to be paid like he's a Mahomes or Brady, then he needs to play like one nearly every game.

Don't let him off the hook. That was a solid F from the all time highest paid player in NFL history.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He can't make plays. He can throw the ball from the pocket when he has an open receiver but when nothing is open he can't make a play. Slow as molasses and does not get out of the pocket fast enough when things break down. Not near worth 25% of you cap. He just does not make a difference!!
except in cap purposes...ugh