Rate Dak's Performance

Creeper

Reaction score
If you hate Dak then it was an F. If you love Dak is was probably a B.

I don't love him or hate him. I hate his contract like I hated his previous contract but as a QB he is good, not great. His game today was average, but understand that when you get behind by 3 TD late in the game things are different.

The first INT is threw was a good pass, but Brooks slipped coming out of his break and he started to fall. This is why the ball was in front of him and over his head. If he keeps his feet he is where the ball goes when he arrives. I doubt there would be an INT. I was more ticked off that no one made the tackle until the defender got the ball to the Cowboys 20 yard line. No one seemed to get angry and make the stop. That bothered me a lot.

The second INT was Dak but at that point he was forcing the ball out of desperation. It would not have mattered if he didn't throw it. The blowout was complete.

Dak can play better but in no way was this loss on him. NO took the opening kickoff and scored and easy TD. After Dallas came back with a FG, they scored on 1 play. The FGs are an issue and the dinking and dunking style of offense is an issues, as is the lack of a decent running game. The offenses will never be very good until they can run the football effectively.

The defense lost the game today. They couldn't stop the passing game, and they couldn't stop the run, even when they knew NO was running in the 2nd half. This is going to be a problem all year long. Some of the teams they face, like Baltimore, SF, and Detroit can run the football and will against the Cowboys defense. I'd be more concerned about that than Dak right now.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
D+

State line isn't too bad. One of those INTs wasn't his fault. The other was forced throw due to urgency.

But it also conceals a lot of mistakes. He hung Tolbert and Lamb out to dry, at least once each, by noodle arming throws that needed quite a bit more on them. Missing Elliot on that short throw, even if under pressure, was painful. He took an easily avoidable sack. Maybe more than one, but I will say that his fumble was one of those "things happen" type of plays (and the pressure that led to it certainly wasn't his fault). But he just can't ever seem to take his play up that extra half-step that would make all the difference in the world.
We paid for Tom Brady. We didn't pay for a stat line that "isn't too bad" while throwing 2 picks and losing a fumble.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This board never ceases to amaze me.

Saints score TDs on their first 6 possessions and all you guys rush on here to blame the QB. Hilarious.
The point is Just because the defense is giving up points doesn’t mean the offense can just pack it in. Football is copacetic, D feeds on O and vice versa. Both matter regardless of circumstances.

The reality is that the Dallas Cowboys are now 1-9 with Dak if they give up more than 35 points. And the one win was that weird Atlanta game in 2020 where ATL had the special teams flub at the end of the game and should have won. Opponent gets to 36 and Dak puts up the white flag. It’s never been like that before for Dallas, it shouldn’t be like this

b0xZZ

Reaction score
This is what paying Dak 245 looks like, you dont get a supporting cast nor a well balanced team. Not only is Dak declining which was clear last year, he was never even remotely worth the money they paid him. Bad move by the cowboys FO and this team will be garbage for the next 4 plus years as a result.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
@khiladi @MountaineerCowboy

In the earlier games alone,

Geno Smith went to Foxboro and threw for 350 against an improved Pats team and got the W

Sam Darnold beat the 49ers. The same 49ers Dak is 0-3 against

Baker Mayfield went into Detroit and beat an NFC favorite in the Lions

Gardner Minshew went into Baltimore and beat the Ravens

Yet for the last 6 months, these stans have cried about us being dead in the water if we dont re-sign this bum for $60M/year
Shut it, Hater.

Why don't you follow another team?

Grown man constantly complaining and whining year after year. Childish. I would say, "Grow up," but you won't. Never will.

100% proof some people never grow up nor act like adults. That's what social media has exposed. No wonder this country is the way it is. Too many adults who refuse to mature and think/act like adults.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Your obsession and boner for #4 keep you locked away from reality. And I don't like the guy either and hated the contract.

Dak could've thrown for 350 and 4 touchdowns and still lost handily today. None of it matters. This team read about how great they were the entire week and got punched in the mouth.

This team isn't contending with the old heads on staff and the uninspired front office work. It is what it is..
This thread is for the adults. The ones that can take emotions and put them to the side and discuss the richest player in Nfl history play.

If that doesnr fit you, maybe you should up threads from last week

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Shut it, Hater.

Grown man constantly complaining and whining year after year. Childish. I would say, "Grow up," but you won't. Never will.

100% proof some people never grow up and act like adults. That's what social media has exposed. No wonder this country is the way it is. Too many adults who refuse to mature and think/act like adults.
This thread is for the adults. The ones that can take emotions and put them to the side and discuss the richest player in Nfl history play.

If that doesnr fit you, maybe you should up threads from last week

jwitten82

Reaction score
Shut it, Hater.

100% proof some people never grow up nor act like adults. That's what social media has exposed. No wonder this country is the way it is. Too many adults who refuse to mature and think/act like adults.
Including you

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
B

1 interception was not his fault. Forced INT to CeeDee because of no other weapons at WR. Passer rating should be around 90.

Dak was not the reason for such a blowout.
You keep misdirecting and deflecting the narrative. Your intense agenda to protect dak debilitates your reading comprehension and logic if you ever had it to begin with.

The premise is NOT "dak is the reason we lost"...but there you are arguing that point.

Rate Dak's performance. You can't.

75boyz

Reaction score
Same as he ever was.
No more.
No less.

Obviously good enough for the owner to keep making his profits.
But not near good enough to lead a team on a deep playoff run.

Could never beat 4 consecutive playoff teams for a trophy.

Regardless of coach.
Regardless of team.

4 more years of it.
Buckle up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shut it, Hater.

You lecture others about their maturity yet can't focus on a topic and attack other people for their opinions.

Smooth move exlax.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zero. He wasn't great last week either but the defense was amazing. This week the whole team sucked except the kicker.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Look how happy Dak over Dallas fans are after a blowout loss.

As long as they get to see 4 out there all is good.
Exactly. It's sickening

They honestly couldn't give a damn less about the team, as long as "Dak gets his"

Of all the things you've posted on this forum the past few years, this concept of "Dak over Dallas fans" may be the most insightful.

Their allegiance to him, at the expense of the team, is insane