Rate every starter on offense

InTheZone

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
3. Smith (would be higher if it weren't for back issues/concerns)
4. Zeke (I thought about putting him at 1 but the OL is the most important for our offense to have a chance)
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
7. Witten (I'm not on the bandwagon of saying Witten lost 10 steps and suddenly became ineffective, we see these results with other receivers as well)
8. Gallup (could be higher, but there's lot of outside variables that make it hard to accurately judge him or rate him higher)
9. Collins (hasn't take the next step to be impactful)
10. Williams (has a future as long as he progresses)
11. Whoever the FB is

HungryLion

Reaction score
Is the rating based on their overall, skill level and talent, regardless of position? Or are we taking position/ their importance to team success within the offensive system into account?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Is the rating based on their overall, skill level and talent, regardless of position? Or are we taking position/ their importance to team success within the offensive system into account?
Whatever you think is most important

I based mine on a bit of both and it's why I have a gap because there is a dropoff with talent or ability to be impactful at that position compared to some of the others.

John813

Reaction score
1. Martin : (99) close to the perfect guard if you needed one in 2019. I say close, cause Larry Allen was the perfect guard.
2. Zeke: (97) Top 2/3 back in the league. Elite talent. showed he can be great in the receiving game last year as well. Great runner and blocker.
3. Frederick: (96) Hoping he was the reason why the offensive line had more sacks given up, among some other reasons. Great run blocker, pass blocker and getting the line ready pre-snap.
4. Amari Cooper: (93) Really played a huge part in the turnaround last year. One of the best route runners in the league and has the speed to pull away from defenders. In his prime. In the past, he has struggled some, but showed no signs of that last year here.
5. Tyron Smith: (91). Still one of the better LT's in the league. Showing he's mortal the past few years with nagging injuries either making him miss some games or struggle at time with his first few steps in pass blocking.
6. Prescott: (85) He's a young QB in a league that is starved for talent at the position and where some of the top QB's in the game are near or over 40 years old. He still has some improving to do, but he has shown he can manage the game well and has stepped up in the clutch/4th quarter to lead a come back. Too early to say he can't improve at his age.
7. L. Collins(81): Improved last year at RT, but I don't feel he'll ever live up to that 1st round hype at tackle. Good player, but not a core player for the team.
8. Gallup(80): Definitely flashed some potential last year. Was able to beat the corners at times on the deeper routes but couldn't get into sync with Dak at times. Think this year he could blow up depending on health and how Moore runs the offense.
9: Williams(75): Looked like a rookie undersized guard last year. Played sound at times, and then overwhelmed at times versus the very good/great DT's. Got injured, and lost his starting role to Sua Filo. Not betting against him, but he still has to prove he belongs.
10: Witten(72): He's the Goat for the Cowboys at TE. However, he's 37 now and spent a year away from the NFL. TBD
11. Jamie O: (65): Wasn't impressed last year. Not a great blocker, and didn't show anything in the ground or passing game outside of a dropped TD.

*Made up rating system.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
4. Zeke (I thought about putting him at 1 but the OL is the most important for our offense to have a chance)
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
7. Witten (I'm not on the bandwagon of saying Witten lost 10 steps and suddenly became ineffective, we see these results with other receivers as well)
8. Gallup (could be higher, but there's lot of outside variables that make it hard to accurately judge him or rate him higher)
11. Whoever the FB is

Martin
Zeke
Cooper
Beard if healthy
Dak
Smith (I think the guy has fallen off a cliff but is still ok)
Witten
Gallup
Collins - Should not be a starting T
Williams - Should not be a starting G
that FB

I will add this - Rate the positions in Dallas - Top Decile, Top Quartile, Middle, Bottom Quartile, Bottom Decile

QB - Middle
RB - Top Decile
WR- Top Quartile
TE - Middle
OL - Middle (Top talent but played like garbage last year. They need to kick it into gear.)
DL - Top Quartile
LB - Top Decile
CB - Top Quartile
S - Bottom Decile
K - Bottom Decile
P - Top Quartile

Head Coach - Bottom Decile

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
11. Whoever the FB is

Another thinly veiled attempt to bash Prescott?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
11. Whoever the FB is

I would Put Randell Cobb on this list and take out Gallop as a starter or at least include Cobb somewhere too

Sydla

Reaction score
Elite: Martin, Cooper, Elliott (obvious answers)
Close to Elite: Smith, Frederick (both because of injury concerns, if healthy they are elite)
Slightly Above Average: Dak
Average: Collins, Jarwin (Witten starting is a total joke)
I Don't Know: Williams (I have higher hopes for him, but right now who knows), Gallup (Again, I have high hopes but let's see after Year 2), Cobb (because of the injury)

Sydla

Reaction score
Another thinly veiled attempt to bash Prescott?

LOL? Really? You Dak guys are hilariously defensive over him.

Who in the OP's top 5 would you replace with Dak? Frederick, if healthy, is arguably the best or 2nd best C in the NFL. Martin is the best OG. Smith is one of the Top 3-5 LTs if healthy. Elliott is a Top 2-3 TB. That leaves Cooper. I guess you could argue Dak is a better player than Cooper but it's pretty close.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
11. Whoever the FB is
They are only as good as their new OC. So, stay tuned!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
11. Whoever the FB is

1. Dak
2. Cooper
3. Smith
4. Freddie
5. Zeke
6. Martin
7. Collins
8. C Williams
9. Gallup
10. Coob
11. Witten

pansophy

Reaction score
And we all know if Romo was playing instead of Dak, they'd have him #1.
As a huge Romo fan myself I don't think that is true. Give me a healthy veteran Romo and I still put him 4th on the list if it isn't weighted by position importance. Martin, Frederick, and Zeke are the best in their position in the whole league and Romo at his best was in the top 5 of the league. His best statistical year in QBR and rating was when he threw less and had the leagues leading rusher, similar to Dak his rookie year.

DanA

Reaction score
10. Arguably best in position
9. Top 5 in position
8. Top 10 in position
7. Good player
6. Solid starter
5. Average starter
4. Below average starter
3. Poor starter
2. Not NFL standard
1. Camp body

10. Zeke, Frederick, Martin
9. Lawrence, LVE
8. Cooper, Smith, Smith, C.Jones
7. B.Jones, Dak
6. T.Crawford, Gallup, L.Collins, C.Awuzie, A.Brown, X.Woods, Heath, Cobb, Witten, Lee
5. Jarwin, Lewis, M.Collins, A.Woods, Austin
4. C.Williams, Hurns, Covington (DT), Looney, Su'a Filo
3. Iloka, Fraizer, Taco, Fleming, Thomas, March-Lillard, Olawale
2. Covington (LB), Armstrong, Rush, White, Shultz, N.Brown, C.Wilson
1. Gathers, Ross

Everybody else either I forgot, don't think will make the team, or is a rookie.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I would Put Randell Cobb on this list and take out Gallop as a starter or at least include Cobb somewhere too
I did starting eleven with all positions covered. I don't think Cobb gets the 2 spot thats why i had Gallup in the list.

Some of the replies so far are ridiculously sad when they don't contribute and instead complain. Not saying this post is that.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
1. Dak
2. Martin
3. Fred
4. Tyron
5. Zeke
6. Cooper

Everyone else