Rate the last movie you saw

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Took the family to see "Voyage of the Dawn Treader".

Really good movie.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chose The Fighter.

Very disappointed in how slow and just uninteresting the film was. I will say that Christian Bale deserves an Oscar nomination for his performance.

I found myself not getting into the climax of the movie at all.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Tron Legacy: 9/10

That seems a bizarrely high rating, but to explain, I went in with incredibly low expectations because of the poor reviews and was completely blown away. My expectations probably had a large effect my rating.

In my opinion, for what the movie is -- a sci-fi action movie -- it was near perfection. Great story and superb acting? No. But that's not what this type of movie is about so I don't expect it or need it. Adequate story and adequate acting are all that's necessary when the real point of the movie is just to get some jaw-dropping beautiful scenery with action sequences and effects that equate to pure, unadulterated fun on screen. And it does those things in spades. It has cool **** and general bad-assery popping through at the seams.

The only imperfection in the movie is the CG young Kevin Flynn. For the most part it's terribly done and distraction. Maybe the technology just isn't there to make that type of thing convincing. If so, then they need to think of some way to get around it, because it's annoying. But really I could only honestly dock the movie 1 point for that.

If you like sci-fi action flicks, it's obviously a must see. But that probably goes without saying.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Interview with a Vampire 5/10

Did not really like it. It was extremely disturbing for many parts of it. I adore Kirsten Dunst, and she was pretty good in this movie, but the rest of it was unnecessarily graphic and unappealing. I've never read Anne Rice, and this does not make me want to read any either.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;3771214 said:
The Assassination of Jesse James - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ not a bad movie just very slow.

I tried to watch it once. I got through the first 15-20 minutes and almost died of boredom so I switched channels. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;3779641 said:
I know the feeling

Also it seemed like the lighting was so bad in that opening scene that I had trouble making out what was going on.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Believe it or not I just saw "Pride of the Yankees" for the first time. Gotta say it was a great movie.

I highly recommend it for any sports fan but the fact that Babe Ruth actually played himself in the movie was a huge bonus. I think I will try to find it on DVD.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
VietCowboy;3779280 said:
Interview with a Vampire 5/10

Did not really like it. It was extremely disturbing for many parts of it. I adore Kirsten Dunst, and she was pretty good in this movie, but the rest of it was unnecessarily graphic and unappealing. I've never read Anne Rice, and this does not make me want to read any either.

The book was actually pretty good and the idea is cool. The series of course went over the top and and became silly but Interview stands as a good book.

The movie wasn't bad and Dunstan was great. Great acting from a child.
I saw it in the theater and generally liked it enough, but haven't re-watched it, so who knows how it would stand for me after all this time.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
The Wolfman...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nice photography and art dept, but man what a waste of film and time.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3781222 said:
Death at a Funeral 8/10

Consistent laughs throughout.

Watched it yesterday evening.

The Marsden character had me laughing with how he was acting and the bathroom scene with Tracy Morgan and Danny glover had me laughing...other than that...meh.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3781406 said:
Watched it yesterday evening.

The Marsden character had me laughing with how he was acting and the bathroom scene with Tracy Morgan and Danny glover had me laughing...other than that...meh.

I like a lot of swearing in movies, so that carried it for me. Plus, you can't beat gay dwarves at a funeral.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3781822 said:
I like a lot of swearing in movies, so that carried it for me. Plus, you can't beat gay dwarves at a funeral.

Was that the same dude from In Bruges?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3781851 said:
No. He was the vain, ill-tempered writer in "Elf."

Ahh...yes. I knew I saw him in something else but could not place him.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3781894 said:
Ahh...yes. I knew I saw him in something else but could not place him.

Isn't it funny how they went out of their way not to call him a "midget" in the Funeral movie? They kept referring to him as "the guy in the leather jacket." Give me a break!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;3773941 said:
Tron Legacy: 9/10

That seems a bizarrely high rating, but to explain, I went in with incredibly low expectations because of the poor reviews and was completely blown away. My expectations probably had a large effect my rating.

I had a similar experience, I definitely enjoyed the movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
vta;3780798 said:
The Wolfman...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nice photography and art dept, but man what a waste of film and time.

I think I got through 30 minutes of that film and that was about 15-20 minutes longer than I should have.

I don't have a clue why they casted him in that role...it was just painful to watch IMO.