Rate the last movie you saw

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;4382831 said:
I would recommend skipping Punch Drunk Love (though it is a decent example of Sandler's dramatic work). Reign Over Me was his best performance though IMO, and I don't think he's had a funny movie since Happy Gilmore, and I don't find that as funny as I used to. Grown Ups was one of the least funny comedies I've seen in recent years.

Waterboy and big daddy belong in that good era

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Boom;4392521 said:
Loved Ip Man. It's up there with Fist of Legend in my favorites. Ip Man 2, not so much.

Ip Man 2 is still dope as ****. Ip Man is top 10 kung-** movie for me, and i OWN over 65 kung-** flicks. Nothing goes as hard as this fight scene from Ong Bak 2, though. NOTHING.
[youtube]L5W2p0epA6k[/youtube]

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)

8.5/10 ..... really terrific adaptation.....almost as good as could be expected. Book is still better.

:starspin

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Devils Double - 4/10

A complete fantasy, and why they have an english man playing Uday, I'll never understand. There may have been a light sprinkling of truth, but overall, I couldn't get over how ridiculously onesided the portrayal of both main characters were. Uday is a complete psychopath, Latif is a complete saint. By the time Latif was riding a horse with some woman across the desert, because there obviously had to be a love interest, I had completely tuned out.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They Grey - 6.5 / 10 - I am getting tired of the previews making a movie appear to be an action thriller, only to find out the only action scenes in the whole 2 hour movie were in the commercial. This movie had a ton of potential but fell short in a lot of ways in my opinion. Too bad, too, I was really looking forward to this coming out.

kmp77

Reaction score
In Time - 5/10

This is the movie staring Justin Timberlake in a future where people stop aging at 25 but from then on, your life has a counter (displayed in a digital readout in your forearm). If you can put enough time on the counter you can live forever. If it reaches 0:00:00 you die.

The idea of the movie is great but the execution was bad. The script dialogue was bad. Justin's acting left a lot to be desired. He's not leading man material. This movie could have been great with some rewrites and a different director and cast. I had some mild hopes going in but those were shattered half way in. Another bad was the locations they filmed at. They used the overused LA settings again to shoot this. I'm sick of those friggin bridges in LA being used in every other movie. It's starting to take me out of every movie when they shoot there. It made this movie seem TINY.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Grey - 9/10

Great movie. Probably one of the scariest I recall seeing in a while. Just makes you cringe with terror. Loved the ending. I'm a huge Carnahan fan.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Underworld Awakening

Dark and violent but damn Kate Beckinsale is hot and arguably the only perfect woman on the planet.

Seeing her kick the crap out of/kill lychens and humans while in a black leather cat suit, high boots and leather trench coat was more than mildly erotic.

9/10

ethiostar

Reaction score
SA_Gunslinger;4393350 said:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)

8.5/10 ..... really terrific adaptation.....almost as good as could be expected. Book is still better.

:starspin

Have you watched the Swedish version? If so, how does it compare?

ethiostar

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4401353 said:
I preferred the Swedish version.

I haven't watched the US version yet so I can't compare the two but I really liked the Swedish version a lot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ethiostar;4401316 said:
Have you watched the Swedish version? If so, how does it compare?
Hard to say which is better. They're virtually identical except that the American version feels much more "produced".

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
theogt;4401607 said:
Hard to say which is better. They're virtually identical except that the American version feels much more "produced".

and the rape scene in the US version is less violent.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Gashole

5 of 5 from me, but 4 of 5 from the netflix ratings.

Very insightful and it shows how we shouldn't blame the gas crisis on a particular party. But rather the government's approach in general. Most glaring, is how the public remains apathetic about how ever since after Katrina, the gas companies have been making record profits, at our expense, while other forms of energy are killed or bought out.

A pity, considering oil is a finite resource. We can find a better way.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Chronicle - two thumbs up.

Just saw the movie on a sneak preview. No spandex, the word superhero is never mentioned. Real good character work by (to me) unknown actors. Max Landis screenplay.

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
Drive 9/10

Great movie. I thought Ryan Gosling did a heck of a job.

Real Steel 8/10

Cool movie. Didn't think I was going to like, but I was surprised.

johnny utah

cowboyblue31;4404644 said:
Drive 9/10

Great movie. I thought Ryan Gosling did a heck of a job.

Cool movie. Didn't think I was going to like, but I was surprised.

Just watched Drive. What a darn good movie. Gosling is a very good actor.

Drive 8.5/10