Rate the last movie you saw

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Social Network 7/10

It was a decent movie to watch on cable. I wouldn't consider it movie theater movie quality though. Seemed more like a made for TV movie. Still decent though.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
War Horse - 4.5/10 - Cliched, melodramatic, dull, cookie cutter, manipulative (or it attempts to be anyway), and ultimately empty. For what little there is actually going on in this movie, they really stretched it out a long way. None of the characters are interesting or engaging, and the horse doesn't do anything of real significance.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 7/10 Decent movie. Too much CGI that looked fake, but I gave it props for the prequel of the franchise of the movies to follow. I'm looking forward to how this series goes.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - 6/10 The charm is gone. An okay movie on its own, but after the movies before it there seems to be too much "done that, seen that" to make it an entertaining movie. I liked Johnny Depp in most of his movies, but after seeing him play Keith Richards the pirate numerous times I am getting a little bored with it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not Scared - Foreign movie with subtitles. Sort of slow but not too bad of a movie. Reminds me a little of the Pan's Labyrinth style without the fantasy stuff involved.

Ip Man and Ip Man2 - Chinese film with subtitles. However if you like martial arts movies, these ones are very good. Based on a real man who eventually taught bruce lee.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark - 7.5/10

More fleshed out than the original movie. Guillermo del Toro didn't direct, but the guy who did must be influenced by him, because it looked as good as Del Toro's movies.

Worth the watch.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4378322 said:
I'm not Scared - Foreign movie with subtitles. Sort of slow but not too bad of a movie. Reminds me a little of the Pan's Labyrinth style without the fantasy stuff involved.

Ip Man and Ip Man2 - Chinese film with subtitles. However if you like martial arts movies, these ones are very good. Based on a real man who eventually taught bruce lee.

Ip Man was great! Definitely one of my favorite Martial Arts movie of all time!

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
joseephuss;4357578 said:
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

Very good. Good acting, good action, good drama and good suspense. No movie ever meets everything that a book provides, but this one did very well.

I don't consider it a remake of the Swedish movies. I consider it an effort to make a movie based on a book. Unfortunately for Hollywood, the people in Sweden had a head start and were able to come out with their movie(s) first.

Did you enjoy the opening credits sequence? I thought it was incredible.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikmaniac;4380393 said:

I thought it was incredible too. It really got me in the mood to watch the movie.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - 6.5/10. Nothing really bad about the movie, and I loved Simon Pegg, but I'm starting to get really bored with these action movies that don't have much of a story to make you give a crap about what the characters are going for, or for what the outcome is. It was basically just a series of action scenes with small moments in between just to give a quick vague explanation for why they're going to the next set piece.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;4380393 said:

I thought the credit sequence was extraordinarily well made but was completely out of place in the movie.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ChldsPlay;4380830 said:
I thought the credit sequence was extraordinarily well made but was completely out of place in the movie.

I think I read somewhere that the director wanted the graphics department to come up with something that would reflect what the inside of "The Girl's" mind would look like and how it's conflicted.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4380813 said:
Any movie with Adam Sandler is hilarious. Best actor as far as I'm concerned.

:lmao2: :lmao: You most DEFINITELY must be the youngest poster on CZ. :lmao2:

ChldsPlay;4380830 said:

Eh? How was it out of place? It's not like you were about to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4380904 said:

Eh? How was it out of place? It's not like you were about to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Relax didn't say he was the best ever, but the best right now.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4380904 said:

It wasn't the content that felt out of place, but the style. I think any heavily animated sequence would have felt out of place with the rest of the movie.

kmp77

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4380909 said:
Relax didn't say he was the best ever, but the best right now.

You win. Dumbest post on Cowboyszone :lmao2: :lmao2: Best ever huh?

JackandJill.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4380813 said:
The Grown Ups.

10/10.

Any movie with Adam Sandler is hilarious. Best actor as far as I'm concerned.
You crack me up sometimes.:lmao2:

Hey, all that matters is what you like when it comes to entertainment, so don't let us get under your skin...too much.