Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Civil War (2024)
owjIiN2.png

5.50 out of 10.00

***This film was not made for children***

The movie is fairly shallow with no depth. Even the rational behind the premise is not fleshed out fully for the audience.

The entire film is centered completely around the four main characters. Anyone thinking there will be scenes with characters separate and not associated with them shall be disappointed.

I kinda believe I know what Kristen Dunst was shooting for but her lead role is not remarkable. Her partner overacted almost the whole movie. The supporting actress, who played her surprise protege, was more interesting than Dunst in my opinion. Stephen McKinley Henderson, who played Sam, may have been the most interesting of the foursome but not by much.

It is a fictional war story that does superficially touches upon the horrors that can come with it: destruction, terrorism, single minded military objectives, apathy, population displacement, ethnic cleansing, etc. A good number of truly cold-blooded meaningless deaths are seen. Like I said. It is not for children.

The ending is anti-climax. The military sequence is fairly good that accompanies it though.

Gotta say. The trailer caught my attention strongly enough. Oh well. Time for another avatar...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aw man that's a pitty. Was really looking forward to that one.
lol. My advice? Do not go with my opinion. It is usually higher or lower than ‘the norm’. Currently, Rotten Tomatoes paid critics have given it a 83% score. Metacritic paid critics judge it in the upper 70% range, along with RT and IMDB members. Only Metacritic members gave the movie a similar grade (5.3) as I did.

rags747

Reaction score
Civil War, saw it today with the wife. Expected more, I give it a 5 outta 10. Last 20 minutes were the best part. Enjoyed seeing the Washington slime getting blown up!

timb2

Reaction score
Civil War was a disappointment. Saw it last night. Centers around 4 people who are press. Reminded me of the same dribble as " The Purge" movies. Still looked for subliminal messages in the movie.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Freelance - Watched this tonight. It was OK. I didn't hate it/didn't love it. Typical cheesy action movie. I like John Cena and think he carried the movie. If you go into it not expecting much, you might enjoy it.

Oh, and if you like Alison Brie, she shows off the goods a bit throughout the movie. Lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MV5BN2QyZGU4ZDctOWMzMy00NTc5LThlOGQtODhmNDI1NmY5YzAwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Dune - Part Two:

I definitely call this film, as well as Part One, a ‘slow burn’. Nothing is rushed in these films, and if you’re trying to accurately translate the source material books, this is the right call. But the viewer should expect that coming in and not expect a Star Wars or Marvel type of action film. That’s not what this is.

But if you have appreciation for depth and world-building, these are quality films. I think directing, acting, and special effects are excellent throughout and this is good filmmaking.

More cerebral than action-packed, it was a satisfying experience for me.

8 out of 10

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Never really liked the original from the 80s but I did like the sound design and "epicness" of the new one. The story didn't pull me in though, don't understand the hype. Never really liked "messiahs" stories. Life of Brian being the one exception of course. :D

But will watch the second part just for the (expected) visuals and sound. Villeneuve is the new Nolan. Sicario (1) is among the best movies ever.

Creeper

Reaction score
Civil War (2024)
owjIiN2.png

5.50 out of 10.00

***This film was not made for children***

The movie is fairly shallow with no depth. Even the rational behind the premise is not fleshed out fully for the audience.

The entire film is centered completely around the four main characters. Anyone thinking there will be scenes with characters separate and not associated with them shall be disappointed.

I kinda believe I know what Kristen Dunst was shooting for but her lead role is not remarkable. Her partner overacted almost the whole movie. The supporting actress, who played her surprise protege, was more interesting than Dunst in my opinion. Stephen McKinley Henderson, who played Sam, may have been the most interesting of the foursome but not by much.

It is a fictional war story that does superficially touches upon the horrors that can come with it: destruction, terrorism, single minded military objectives, apathy, population displacement, ethnic cleansing, etc. A good number of truly cold-blooded meaningless deaths are seen. Like I said. It is not for children.

The ending is anti-climax. The military sequence is fairly good that accompanies it though.

Gotta say. The trailer caught my attention strongly enough. Oh well. Time for another avatar...
I did not have high hopes for this one. Hollyweird is not insightful enough to make a movie about a possible second revolution.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without Remorse
A Tom Clancy movie and I think it was an Amazon Prime original movie with Michael B Jordan.

I could not get past 30 minutes of it.

I have liked pretty much all Tom Clancy movies and loved the Jack Ryan series on Prime.

But this movie...not sure if it was Michael B Jordans acting, the script, the director or a combination of all three, but man it was so bad I had to turn it off.

visionary

Reaction score
Dune part 2
8/10
Im a huge fan of the Dune series of books
Original Dune movie (80s i think) was horrible and i didnt get through it
These 2 have been WAY better
Plenty of material and plot lines for several more without losing interest or repetition

My one fear is that the later books (and the best part of this series) was Frank Herbert’s understanding and reflections on human nature through Paul and im not sure how well they will come across on the big screen

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rebel Moon part 2

I do not know what it is about these two movies.

The acting is good enough.
The special effects are good enough
The action is good enough

But there is just something missing that makes it fall short overall.
Maybe character development.

If you liked the first one, you will like the second part.
If you did not like the first part, you probably will not care for the second.

Not really a spoiler, they left the ending open for a possibly third movie but I have to wonder if they decided against it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Rebel Moon part 2

Not really a spoiler, they left the ending open for a possibly third movie but I have to wonder if they decided against it.
I had exactly the same feeling about this movie. I wanted to like it. But there is something about it holding me back from really liking it. In some ways it is a recycled story with different characters and scenes, but I know I have seen it all before. Maybe that's the problem. There is nothing new to it. You know what is going to happen because you've seen it happen so many times before.

A few scenes were contrived or flawed I thought. Not a big deal, every movie like this one has those scenes. Still, they are easy to fix so why not fix them?

I won't say I didn't enjoy it. I did. It was a fun watch. But I cannot rave about it either. It comes off as a knock-off of something better. I still struggle with the scrawny female warriors taking on 4 or 5 big brutes and dispatching them all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rebel Moon part 2

I agree with all of this. I thought the battle scenes were pretty bad, up until Kora was on the ship. The scenes on the ship were pretty good.

The writing was a little sappy, and once again, no comic relief at all, which I think is kind of necessary in flicks like these.

At times, it seemed like 80s sci-fi, but with better special effects.

If I'd rated it in the first hour, I'd have given it a 4. By the end, I up that to a 5.5, maybe a 6.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Rebel Moon part 2

It is very stripped down. A lot of stuff seamed rushed. However, Snyder is going to release an extended cuts for both shows to expand on everything.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
msedge_35C9ipOM92.jpg

Ghostbusters - Frozen Empire

As a longtime fan, I’m always eager to see the original crew back bustin’ ghosts. But I don’t think they had enough of a story here to warrant another movie.

Nostalgia is great, but it can only carry you so far. This one was an extremely long build to what amounts to a 10-minute end fight.

The effects were amazing, but style is no substitute for substance.

A few funny lines, a few callbacks, and a lot if ‘remember this?’

If you’re feeling really nostalgic, it’s worth a look. If not, it isn’t.

6/10

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Iron Claw.

I've always been a big wrestling fan, so I finally got the chance to watch this one.

I thought it was pretty good. I was young during the Von Erichs heyday, but I do remember Kevin very much so and Kerry to an extent. Don't know if this is a spoiler since it's a bio pic, but I had no idea Kerry wrestled for a long period with a prosthetic.

I think I let the glowing reviews get my hopes up because I didn't think this was as memorable as people made it out to be. Yes, it's extremely depressing and sad as we go through the tragedies of the Von Erich family, but I didn't think it was an excellent film overall.

7/10