Rate the last movie you saw

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Three Stooges- 6/10 Very disappointed with this. Was expecting a lot more but the same humor kept repeating and was not very funny after a while.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the last picture show

8/10

cybill shepherd on diving board...

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
lane;4647480 said:
the last picture show

8/10

cybill shepherd on diving board...

That was such a good movie. Haven't seen it for year.

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
In Time 7/10

Justin Timberlake Amanda Seyfried (grrrr baby) Pretty good acting job by Justin and interesting story about how in the future when you turn 25 money is now time. You earn time to keep living. Decent movie and I liked the cars to.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
The Dark Knight Rises

6.5/10

I was really enjoying it for about 2/3 of the movie (despite the ridiculous james bond like opening scene) but then once things started blowing up and it turned into lord of the flies on gotham city, it totally lost me and I just found it to be way too over the top and absurd. Kinda disappointing after the brilliance of the previous one. As I look back on this trilogy, the second one is the only one I really liked, honestly.

Plus the whole time, I was like...... how does Bane eat? :laugh2:

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
My Week With Marilyn - 4/5

Exceedingly well acted portrayal of a young man's brief relationship with Marilyn Monroe. The pacing felt off and some scenes felt like unecesarry replays of earlier shots. Overall an enjoyable and well made film that leaves the viewer as captivated and flummoxed by Marilyn as her contemporaries were.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ip Man. 8/10.

Has to be the only subtitled movie I ever watched from start to finish.

Chinese Connection 5/10

Not anywhere near as good as I remembered it back when I was a kid.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys&LakersFan;4665025 said:
21 Jump Street. 10/10. Freaking hilarious.

The scene where they had to take the drugs was pretty funny.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4665131 said:
Ip Man. 8/10.

Chinese Connection 5/10

Not anywhere near as good as I remembered it back when I was a kid.

Ip Man 2

If you liked the first one, chances are you will like the second one. I think you can still watch it for free on Hulu.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4665131 said:
Ip Man. 8/10.

I saw Ip Man, also. Great movie. Rated it 4/5 stars on NetFlix. Led me to watch Ip Man 2 (2010), also starring Donnie Yen. Gave it 4/5 stars too. Also in rotation on NetFlix right now.

I see there's another Ip Man movie: The Legend Is Born: Ip Man (2010), which I haven't seen. Not yet on NetFlix, so I'll wait. Another actor, Yu-Hang To, plays Ip Man... not Donnie Yen. Hopefully it will be as good.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some movies I have watched recently.

Some of these are asian (japanese, korean and indonesian) So keep in mind if you go to watch them that some asian movies have an odd pacing to them. Also all of these movies were found on the internet either on youtube, hulu or "other" sites.

Old Boy (korean)- Loved this movie. It seems dated, you have the odd pacing, I think you probably would have been better with a different lead actor or maybe it was just the bad voice over that did not fit. However it was a pretty wild movie with a wild twist. You figure out the second twist before it is over but still pretty wild. Have heard they will be remaking this as an American film but do not know if that is true. If you like asian action flicks, I think you will like this one. Basic plot line starts out with a guy that is captured and held hostage in a room for 15 years. He is let out and has 5 days to find out who captured him and why. Crazy twist at the end and some real shock value when the guy is eating octopus....a live one.

The Raid: Redemption (indonesia) - If you like straight up action movies...this is for you. If you want a good script and plot...forget about it. Action, Action and more action. Sometimes to the point that you want some of the fights to finish as they go a tad long. Basic Premise is a swat like police force goes into a apartment building to take out a crime lord and has to start from the bottom to the top with the floors full of criminals.

Battle Royale (japanese) - This is from the book that was before the hunger games and the movie that was before Hunger Games...basically it would appear that Hunger Games pretty much ripped off this book and movie with slight changes. So this is a bloodier and more action/killing version of the hunger games...and personally i think it is better. Some will not like it as much because it is japanese and they might not be used to japanese movies but over all I liked it much better.

The Red Shoes (Korean) - Horror flick that is kind of silly in a way but kind of different. Basically women find this pair of red shoes and they make the women do crazy things and have an effect (to a degree) like the "My Precious" ring from LOTR. It is a ghost story in the end. Something different but not as good as other asian horror movies...although I have to admit to enjoying seeing the heavy lady get hers in the end.:D

A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean) - A girl comes back home after spending time in a mental institution. Once she gets home she is reunited with her younger sister but she has to endure a younger stepmom she does not like. That's how it starts, then it turns into one of those thrillers with a twist at the end. They made an American version of this some years ago called the Uninvited that was pretty much the same but with a few slight differences.

I have been wanting to watch "The Host" and "I saw the Devil" but I have been unable to find a version of them in english (voice dub or subtitles) online for free.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4665206 said:
Old Boy (korean)- Loved this movie. It seems dated, you have the odd pacing, I think you probably would have been better with a different lead actor or maybe it was just the bad voice over that did not fit. However it was a pretty wild movie with a wild twist. You figure out the second twist before it is over but still pretty wild. Have heard they will be remaking this as an American film but do not know if that is true. If you like asian action flicks, I think you will like this one. Basic plot line starts out with a guy that is captured and held hostage in a room for 15 years. He is let out and has 5 days to find out who captured him and why. Crazy twist at the end and some real shock value when the guy is eating octopus....a live one.

That one was a twisted movie. That is some serious revenge right there.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;4665238 said:
That one was a twisted movie. That is some serious revenge right there.

Yes...all kind of twisted.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4665157 said:
Ip Man 2

If you liked the first one, chances are you will like the second one. I think you can still watch it for free on Hulu.

wittenacious;4665184 said:
I saw Ip Man, also. Great movie. Rated it 4/5 stars on NetFlix. Led me to watch Ip Man 2 (2010), also starring Donnie Yen. Gave it 4/5 stars too. Also in rotation on NetFlix right now.

I see there's another Ip Man movie: The Legend Is Born: Ip Man (2010), which I haven't seen. Not yet on NetFlix, so I'll wait. Another actor, Yu-Hang To, plays Ip Man... not Donnie Yen. Hopefully it will be as good.

Awesome. Ip Man was really good. (otherwise, there is no way I would watch a subtitled film) I will definitely check out Ip Man 2.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4665206 said:
A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean) - A girl comes back home after spending time in a mental institution. Once she gets home she is reunited with her younger sister but she has to endure a younger stepmom she does not like. That's how it starts, then it turns into one of those thrillers with a twist at the end. They made an American version of this some years ago called the Uninvited that was pretty much the same but with a few slight differences.

This is actually one of my favorite movies I watched in college. I love psychological thrillers. Hated Hide and Seek though, I guess because it was too obvious, although I figured out who it was in Identity early on too, and I love that movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VietCowboy;4665449 said:
This is actually one of my favorite movies I watched in college. I love psychological thrillers. Hated Hide and Seek though, I guess because it was too obvious, although I figured out who it was in Identity early on too, and I love that movie.

Can you recommend a few more horror or action movies from the asian genre. I don't recall seeing any Vietnamese ones on any lists...guess they don't have a large movie market. But figured you might be able to suggest some.

I have been going through quite a few of them the last year or so as I can tend to find them online. Some good, Some bad but it is quite amazing to find so many that have been made into American movies and people just did not realize it.

The suggestion is open to anyone that might be into Asian Movies. I am mostly interested in Action or Horror/thriller movies. Don't think I would care for the comedies or dramas.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Lockout - 4 out of 10

What a piece of underdeveloped crap. Poor CGI on that car chase scene. It looked "cartoonish". The action sequences were underwhelming. One thing I will say is that Guy Pierce looks ripped! They could have made a better movie just filming his work-out routine.

SafeHouse - 7 out of 10.

I really liked this movie and I'm not sure why. I guess I am just flat out ignoring the crater sized plot holes, that it was so glaringly obvious who the villain was, plus that it was so easy to see how the movie would turn out about ten minutes in. Good fight and chase scenes just ruled the day here. My ADD just seemed to be content with that.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4665263 said:
Awesome. Ip Man was really good. (otherwise, there is no way I would watch a subtitled film) I will definitely check out Ip Man 2.

Ip Man was amazing. Ip Man 2 was ok, but couldn't touch the first.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Seven Samurai 6/10 - I blocked off 4 hours this weekend to watch this classic. I enjoyed the story and character development, but it was *very* long and didn't have much action.

I'm not familiar with 50's cinema enough to recognize a departure from typical movies of the era, or if it was ground breaking. With that said, I found it enjoyable, but not memorable.