Rate the last movie you saw

StevenOtero

Reaction score
The Dark Knight Trilogy

Batman Begins - 10/10

The Dark Knight - 10/10

The Dark Knight Rises - Beyond 10!

Nolan did something I thought was not possible, he topped The Dark Knight.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Jeff, Who Lives At Home - 3.5/5

Think Signs but as a comedy and without aliens.

JBS

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4626955 said:
The Dark Knight Trilogy

Batman Begins - 10/10

The Dark Knight - 10/10

No way. DK craps on DKR..DKR is weak

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StevenOtero;4626955 said:
The Dark Knight Trilogy

Batman Begins - 10/10

The Dark Knight - 10/10

Opinions vary.

I just got back from seeing Rises and while I thought it was a very good movie, I don't think it was a great one.

But I'm glad that you as a Batman fan really liked it.

JBS

Reaction score
stasheroo;4627427 said:
Opinions vary.

I just got back from seeing Rises and while I thought it was a very good movie, I don't think it was a great one.

But I'm glad that you as a Batman fan really liked it.

Did you like Dark Knight more?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GloryDaysRBack;4627467 said:
Did you like Dark Knight more?

Yes.

I think The Dark Knight was a far superior film.

I love Nolan but I couldn't help but feel he's had enough of the Batman.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Silent House

Elizabeth Olsen was great in Martha Marcy May Marlene and is good in this, but just a boring movie.

6/10

johnny utah

Moneyball: It may be a year or two old but thats a damn good film. What could be better than being a G.M for a pro team?

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
Just saw Dark Knight Rises and I have to agree I still like Dark Knight more. Of course I'm going to see DKR a couple more times just to make sure:lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/026be4b9.jpg

7.0/10.0

Note: I actually caught the movie two weeks ago, but wanted to wait until after The Dark Knight Rises was released before offering my opinion of both films at the same time.

What I liked about the movie: Lack of cartoonish landscapes. I think that movie adaptations of comic books succeed much better with more realistic backdrops. The sewers could have been somewhat seedy though.

Peter Parker adapting to his new abilities. I wanted to see a high school student awkwardly attempting to merge his newly found talents with his teenaged persona and got it. Andrew Garfield pulled it off. Well done.

The Lizard transferred really well from book to screen. CGI is a godsend for movies such as these.

I absolutely loved Martin Sheen’s portrayal of Uncle Ben. It never felt like he tried being father, but more like a semi-stern, loving big brother to Peter.

Denis Leary balanced being a cop and father well. His heroic actions at the end were testimonial of what’s hoped for from those who do not wear masks that are facing everyday, real-life dangers.

The fight scenes between Spider-Man and The Lizard were almost superb. They could have been a touch better, but typically ran the script of how Webhead deals with much larger and stronger opponents.

What I did not like about the movie: Gwen Stacy’s wardrobe. I didn’t have a problem with Emma Stone. That was good casting, but the teeny-bopper (sp?) look does not become her. Yes, she played a teenager, but you can match age-specific apparel for an actor/actress better than that. The best wardrobe scenes for her were in the laboratory and at the funeral. Sad.

Rhys Ifans’ Dr. Conners aura came across to me more as an administrator than as a scientist. Campbell Scott’s and Embeth Davidtz’s Richard and Mary Parker were out of the movie almost instantly, but they impressed me as much as scientists in their brief moments as Ifans did all movie long.

They did not give more facetime for Aunt May. Sally Field deserved better.

I didn’t know Irrfan Khan was going to be in the movie. Absolutely loved him in The Namesake. I’m not certain what Marc Webb was asking of his character in this movie, but Khan’s role could have been written out without much (if any) fuss.

Need to sneak into a highly protected scientific laboratory/facility? No problem. Grab anyone’s name badge. :rolleyes:

How much do actors get paid to fakely look wide-eyed and awestrucked? C. Thomas Howell should have cashed a big check.

Webslinging could have been better. Spider sense? It was weakly incorporated into the movie. And no one ask me about his obtaining web fluid supply.

Overall: It was a nice reboot of the original movie with a more realistic feel to it. Could have been better done. The energy from the first half of the movie wasn’t there, but the second half made up for it. Hope that the sequel can come back stronger than this one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/f5ec46ee.jpg

8.5/10.0

What I liked about the movie: Christopher Nolan’s continued vision of what a super hero movie should be. It is his method of presentation which singlehandedly boosts my grade of the movie.

Tom Hardy. Tom Hardy. Let me say it again. Tom Hardy. Cold. Frigidly cold. Calculating. Intractable. Could have used a few more steriods ( :laugh2: ), but he nailed Bane.

What may surprise others is that my greatest expectation for the movie wasn’t Bane. It was Catwoman. I had held reservations about Anne Hathaway playing the role. They were misfounded. Her seamless transformation from typical ANNE HATHAWAY to Selina Kyle in the “safe with Mother Wayne’s pearls” scene brought a huge smile to my face. Best Catwoman protrayal yet. Sorry Michelle Pfeiffer (sp?). She’s still not the sexiest Catwoman ever. That title is still held by Halle Berry. :cunning:

The sheer magnitude of destruction which Bane laid waste to Gotham City went beyond what’s seen in the credits. It harkens back to Batman Begins and Ra’s al Ghud’s siege of the city. Well, it thumps the previous assault on the city in spades.

Michael Caine and Gary Oldman. They lost facetime in this one, but Commission Gordon and Alfred still added much soul of the movie.

The Batplane. ‘nuff said.

The time Bruce Wayne spent recovering in Bane’s old prison. It’s one of the best highlights of the entire movie in my opinion. Loved the conversations which the Wayne’s doctor and adjacent cellmate engaged in.

The final scene. Superb. Some might feel it was understated and cliché-ish (sp?), but I joined the rest of the audience and applauded anyway.

What I did not like about the movie: Dumb CIA agents. That’s all I’m going to say.

Matthew Modine??? Please.

The amount of contribution to the film by Morgan Freeman was lacking. I will defer to Nolan about it, but Lucius Fox was practically a third wheel in the movie to me. He could have had a few more one-liners at least. Freeman delivers them so well.

Marion Cotillard was excellent casting. She usually is in films. Spoiler alert in white: The movie did not establish the deep love between Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul in my opinion.

Hathaway wasn’t given the opportunity to let Catwoman or Selina Kyle shine more. Again, I’ll defer to Nolan.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s John Blake didn’t come across for me as a police officer. Maybe that was necessary for his character to evolve beyond the movie’s hypothetical storyline. Maybe not. I just wasn’t feeling it from him.

Bane’s main right-hand henchman. Wasn’t feeling it from him also. Well, that’s not entirely true. A few times I felt like he was going to walk up to Bane and kiss him. Passionately.

Overall: Very good ending to the Dark Knight trilogy. It does not top The Dark Knight, but there is only a very small percentage of the thousands upon thousands of movies ever created by Hollywood which would as well. I think that Nolan tried intertwining more smaller role characters into this one than necessary. And Wayne’s grief between the previous movie and this one was a tad over the top for me. All-in-all, it is a re-enforced concrete bookend for all three movies.

Side note: I had tickets for a 5:25 pm matinee yesterday. A terrible storm blew threw (possible tornado) which caused by wife to arrive at the theater late and forced me to purchase tickets for the next showing at 6:10 pm. If she hadn’t been able to join me for 6:10 pm because of the storm, it would have been worth it to purchase even more tickets. Money WELL spent. :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I haven't posed this question before, but has anyone seen Tom Hardy's role of Shinzon in Star Trek:Nemesis? I can practically guarantee that you would love him in it even if you do not like Trek.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Savages. 8/10.

The Good: high-powered action, Salma Hayek was excellent, John Travolta as well. Some good funny moments, and really kind of played off the way cartels operate, somewhat.

The Bad: awkward, fairly disgusting romance; Blake Lively was actually pretty terrible, characters received basically no development; typical "Black dude dies" moment in the movie

Overall, though, it was highly entertaining and the action was pretty awesome. Not enough from Chon's Navy SEAL buddies, though...wanted to see more action from them.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
DallasEast;4628282 said:
Maybe I haven't posed this question before, but has anyone seen Tom Hardy's role of Shinzon in Star Trek:Nemesis? I can practically guarantee that you would love him in it even if you do not like Trek.
Also, have you seen Bronson?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StevenOtero;4628748 said:
Also, have you seen Bronson?
I haven't, but the movie trailer on imdb.com looks good.

Side note: Funny. I tried watching the trailer on the iPad, but couldn't. It played just fine on my laptop/IE... :confused:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Artist 7/10 - A good movie, but not great IMO. I watched it with high expectations because of awards it got. I guess the academy though it was different than all other movies so I suppose the voters thought it should be great. The story was awesome and the actors were able to convey their thoughts perfectly so it being a silent movie did not deter from the telling of the story. I just think the novelty of it being a B/W silent film made people think it was a better movie than I thought it was.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Spiderman: 7 out of 10. Very good movie. The new spin on Peter Parker was really cool. I hope they don't run it into the ground the way they did the last trilogy. Entertaining.

Dark Knight Rises: 7.5 out of 10. It was worth the money, but certainly not on a level of the Dark Knight. I would actually put it below Batman Begins, which is not a knock because I thought that movie was excellent. Good, solid movie, but not great. I was actually very impressed with Anne Hathaway. She did a good job. Bale is somewhat underrated imo. Bane was really hard to understand and his opening dialogue made him really sound like Goldmember (yes, that is bizarre, but it stuck in my head).

Madagascar 3: 3 out of 10. Terrible movie, but my five year old liked it.

Avengers: 8 out of 10. Best movie I saw this summer. I am surprised that I would say that considering the Dark Knight Rises just came out, but there it is.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dark Knight Rises

07/10

It was a good movie, but not as much as the hype led me to believe. I found it to be very formulaic. Like even if I didn't know the specifics, I could figure out pretty much every twist and turn in the storyline without guessing. Kinda how I felt after watching Transformers. Good movie from a mindless entertrainment perspective, but that's about it.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
The Watch. 7/10. Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill carried the movie. Not as funny as I thought it would be but still worth a good amount of laughs.

Goon. 6/10. Sean William Scott plays one of my most hated and loved character in movies. Funny movie about halfway through then becomes super serious. Sort of like Click. Except Click made me cry.