Rate the last movie you saw

Kristen82

Reaction score
"Traitor" with Don Cheadle -he's amazing as usual.

"Solaris" (the original Tarkovsky version) - very creepy and thought-provoking.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4665503 said:
Can you recommend a few more horror or action movies from the asian genre. I don't recall seeing any Vietnamese ones on any lists...guess they don't have a large movie market. But figured you might be able to suggest some.

I have been going through quite a few of them the last year or so as I can tend to find them online. Some good, Some bad but it is quite amazing to find so many that have been made into American movies and people just did not realize it.

The suggestion is open to anyone that might be into Asian Movies. I am mostly interested in Action or Horror/thriller movies. Don't think I would care for the comedies or dramas.

the eye ...... a great movie.

Lodeus

Reaction score
The Cabin in the Woods - 8/10

What a great and crazy movie. Anyone who thinks this is a typical horror movie should watch and be surprised.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lane;4666773 said:
the eye ...... a great movie.

Thanks. I will have to give it a try. I think I might have seen the America version a few years ago.

Also need to find the slit mouthed woman movie.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4666830 said:
Thanks. I will have to give it a try. I think I might have seen the America version a few years ago.

Also need to find the slit mouthed woman movie.

not the american version...i heard it is horrible.

the original is very good though.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
187beatdown;4643294 said:
Goon. 6/10. Sean William Scott plays one of my most hated and loved character in movies. Funny movie about halfway through then becomes super serious. Sort of like Click. Except Click made me cry.

I just watched that a couple of days ago. I gave it 7/10. A better movie than I thought it would be. It says it was based on real life, and on that I usually look more favorably to a film.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
just watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

I feel like I kinda am missing a good bit. Or maybe I'm not and I should just be disappointed. I think maybe the book might be better.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Finally watched Dark Knight Rises. 8/10.

Think they will make a Nightwing?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
American Reunion - 7/10

I'm around the same age as the cast, maybe a little older, so it's cool to see how they all have grown up and aged.

Movie was funny. Nothing tops the original as it set the premise for the raunchy, in-your-face facet of comedy.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 10/10 Seen for the umpteenth time, though not for several years.

Is there a better comedy film?

Great scenery, detailed costumes, superb sound effects and terrific acting. Graham Chapman at his finest!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arch Stanton;4667723 said:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 10/10 Seen for the umpteenth time, though not for several years.

Great scenery, detailed costumes, superb sound effects and terrific acting. Graham Chapman at his finest!

You ever watched Yellowbeard?

It is not an Official Monty Python movie but has many of the same people and probably a little more commercial. Either way it is one of my Cult Faves.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Maybe Blazing Saddles. Let's call it a tie.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score

Wedding Crashers for me, but I love this movie. ^^^

Kristen82

Reaction score
baj1dallas;4667147 said:
just watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

I feel like I kinda am missing a good bit. Or maybe I'm not and I should just be disappointed. I think maybe the book might be better.

Yeah, I felt like you did after watching it. Sometimes it's good to watch a movie again if it didn't affect you the first time. Bernard Cumberbatch (Sherlock) is in it which was neat-o.

Kristen82

Reaction score
kristie;4667091 said:
goldfinger

9/10

a james bond classic. love it.:D

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

I put my hands over my eyes when the laser got close to his weenie...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Total Recall (2012) 6/10 a point for each lovely spot on kate and jessica. other wise it gets a 0/10

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Orphanage

The producer is the guy who did Pan's Labyrinth, Devils's Backbone and some others.

It is similar to the Orphanage but might be better in a commercial sense. Devil's backbone has some other side stories to it and a "bad guy" so to speak where this one is more of a ghost and love story to a degree.

Pretty good movie.

It is in Spanish.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Final destination 5

Not every one in this series has been good, but i gotta say, this one entertained me pretty well. Not sure why I find this series amusing, but I do.

Rated on the scale of what it is......which is to say, more on the Fun scale than the Oscar scale..... I give it a 8/10.

:starspin