Rate the last movie you saw

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Absolutely Fabulous the Movie.....9/10

Those ladies are hilarious. I used to watch the show when I had BBC. Too bad most people here don't know about AbFab. It's a brilliant English show.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winter in Wartime.

Foreign film.

WWII movie. Not bad, kind of slow.

Reminds me of something Ken Follett would write.

Young Dane boy finds downed young RAF pilot and tries to help him escape **** occupied area.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Absolutely Fabulous the Movie.....9/10

Those ladies are hilarious. I used to watch the show when I had BBC. Too bad most people here don't know about AbFab. It's a brilliant English show.

Loved watching their show back in the day. Is the daughter in it? Still the same girl?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Winter in Wartime.

Foreign film.

WWII movie. Not bad, kind of slow.

Reminds me of something Ken Follett would write.

Young Dane boy finds downed young RAF pilot and tries to help him escape **** occupied area.
What Language

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the movie itself was confusing, lacked substance, flowed about as well as water on mars, the acting was horrible and the writing could take quality lessons from the acting on quality control.

and these were what i found positive from the experience. :)
The only positive I got from it was the slurpee i bought

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Made the mistake of watching it after work yesterday.
I was very tired and was fighting the sand man during the movie so it seemed a little long and not quick enough pace to fight off the sleep very well.

Still well made though. Probably would have liked it better if I was not so tired.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The following are Foreign films.

The Dead lands http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3399916/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Similar to Apocolypto in some ways but not as good.

Young warrior's father is killed by a bad tribe and he must go after them. On the way he has to travel through the "Dead Lands" and enlists the help of a "monster" to help him.
Again...not bad at all but still not as good as the other movie mentioned.

Second movie

Confession of Murder http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2468774/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Korean Film.

Not bad. Never heard of it but sounded decent.
Has some nice action, a little comedy in parts, a twist at the end.
Not as good as I saw the devil or old boy but still decent in it's own way.

If people like some of the korean/japanese action movies over the years that are not Martial Arts centered (like old boy and I saw the devil). I think you will like this one.

The third and final movie is Admiral http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2544766/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Story of real life Dutch Admiral Michiel de Ruyter. If you like naval battles and period pieces you will like this one. Not quite as good as Master and Commander (but not much is :p). Still a good movie to watch and even better when you consider it is based on a real man that many have probably never heard of before.

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Wave http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3616916/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Norwegian film.

Not bad.

Disaster based movie. Large lakes surrounded by mountains in Norway where the mountains can slip away (avanlanches) in areas falling into the water that results in massive tsunamis.

In some ways it reminds me of the old Volcano movie Dante's Peak with Pierce Brosnan but with less action scenes.

Oh and the lead guy kind of looks like Daryl from the walking dead.

nobody

Reaction score
Batman v Superman. It was utter garbage with few redeeming qualities in my opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Suicide Squad - 6/10. Not as bad as some of the criticism, but Warner Bros is still struggling to find their footing. I thought several of the actors like Margot Robbie, Will Smith, and Jared Leto did a nice job with what they were given. The 'villains' and their plot was a mistake, and a big letdown and really hurt the film.

And I sure hope things work out, for Ben Affleck's sake, that guy is doing anything and everything he can to make the DC Cinematic Universe work.

strollinruss

Reaction score
The last movie I saw with my wife in or out of the room? Ha, just kidding. Took the kids to see Pete's Dragon. It was really good.