Rate the last movie you saw

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hell House LLC: 7 of 10

Your classic horror movie and one of the better found footage films I have seen since the original Blair Witch. Incredible imperfect, kinda tacky, but scary as hell

Really enjoyed it

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
N8rKcMq.jpg

6.0 of 10.0

Family IS family. Who or what your folks are does not matter as long as you love one another.

Kubo and the Two Strings is a combination of pretty darn good stop action animation, a rarity in today's films, a simple story, and good plus excellent voiceover work by actors such as Charlize Theron and Art Parkinson--the kid brother from San Andreas. The mini epic centers on Kubo, who has a happy childhood because of her mother but does not know much about the rest of his family or why he is so vitally important to them. Although he deals with struggle and loss, Kubo discovers who he really is and cements his place in the world. Good family movie.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The Circle: 1/10

This was definitely the worst movie I have seen in quite some time. Sharknado had better writing. The main actress, Emma Watson was pretty bad. Her accent kept slipping, and it was really too big of a role for her. There are a lot of monologues and dialog from her character, and she just wasn't capable of carrying the movie. Tom Hanks was good, in his very limited role, and that is why I gave it a 1/10.

The writing was horrible. No real character development, no real pacing. Nothing seemed to flow at all. They would touch on a premise, it would happen, and never be touched again. The premise was really good, and that's why I stuck with it until the bitter end, but it was a huge disappointment.

Funny review from Reddit (edited):

This is a completely horrific movie. Its basically Emma Watson being a ******, John Boyega showing up at random moments for absolutely no reason at all, and obviously the entire film was shot around John and Tom's schedules and just pieced together.

John and Tom didnt even have any scenes together and John was barely even in the flick. Truly awful movie. Like worse than you think it is.

They had some good ideas about the creepiness of Facebook and Google but there was never any payoff. It was all kept very neutral. The Circle was never actually accused of doing anything wrong, but Hanks character at least alludes to wrong doing when he says "we are so f-ed" but we never actually see HOW f-ed.

Really awful.

Any one of us could have taken a pass at this script and made it 10000X better. This COULD have been something special but instead it was a rushed piece of garbage.

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Cafe Society: 8/10

Not really the type of movie I go for, but my wife saw it on Amazon streaming and wanted to watch it. Solid performances by Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg. Lots of dialog, but I thought it was really well done. I really liked it, and I have no idea why, as I can't relate to any of it.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Cafe Society: 8/10

Not really the type of movie I go for, but my wife saw it on Amazon streaming and wanted to watch it. Solid performances by Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg. Lots of dialog, but I thought it was really well done. I really liked it, and I have no idea why, as I can't relate to any of it.
Sometimes dialog-driven movies are really good. The Hateful 8 is a prime example of this (imo).

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Circle: 1/10

This was definitely the worst movie I have seen in quite some time. Sharknado had better writing. The main actress, Emma Watson was pretty bad. Her accent kept slipping, and it was really too big of a role for her. There are a lot of monologues and dialog from her character, and she just wasn't capable of carrying the movie. Tom Hanks was good, in his very limited role, and that is why I gave it a 1/10.

The writing was horrible. No real character development, no real pacing. Nothing seemed to flow at all. They would touch on a premise, it would happen, and never be touched again. The premise was really good, and that's why I stuck with it until the bitter end, but it was a huge disappointment.

Funny review from Reddit (edited):

Very good description. I didn't understand the point of the movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man Vs.

On netflix now.

Guy goes out to basically do a Les Stroud Survivor man type of show.

While out in the woods, things start happening that he cannot explain.

He soon finds out he is not alone.

Not bad for a film I had not heard of before someone at work told me to catch it.

It was kind of easy to figure out one or two scenarios playing out early on.

However I was hoping they would make it so the "bad guy" was not really bad at all but just doing a monkey see monkey thing in order to try and communicate but that possible story line did not work out as you find out things later.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Star Trek beyond
1/10
My family's military background has ruined the way I interpret this kinda stuff.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spider-Man: Homecoming - 9/10

Marvel does it again. They've shown how to do Spider-Man the right way. This was the best of all of the previous Big-screen films in my opinion. No wasted time telling the origin story everyone already knows, but a great job of bringing Spidey into the Marvel Universe. Tom Holland and Michael Keaton are both great.

If you like Spider-Man and any of the prior films, see this one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hZYeSON.jpg

9.0 of 10.0

• Best Spider-Man movie
  • Best Spider-Man. Tom Holland. Hands down.
  • Best Peter Parker. Tom Holland plays a much better teenager than Andrew Garfield (and I really REALLY enjoyed Garfield's version of Parker)
  • Best Spider-Man Villain. Michael Keaton *applause* (Heck, even The Shocker was not half bad in a much smaller role)
  • Best all-around dialogue--for ALL characters--from Tom Holland to Stan Lee's customary bit cameo (Spoiler: Marisa Tomei has the best line in the entire movie at the very end of the movie before the credits roll)
  • Best background and foreground sets. The best cinematography for these types of films show every day scenery from the real world, not fake cartoonish imagery.
  • Best sidekick. The actor playing Peter's best friend does a great job. Green Lantern's Ryan Reynolds and Taika Waititi take note. THIS is how buddy buddy friendship should look like in a super-hero film.
Of course, Robert Downey Jr. never skips a beat playing Tony Stark or Iron Man in any movie. Excellent. Jon Favreau reprises his role as Happy Hogan. Excellent. I am still on the fence concerning Zendaya since the focus of the movie was on Laura Harrier but Zendaya's one-liners in this reboot hit every time. They MUST bring back Michael Chernus as The Tinkerer. Chernus does not overplay or underplay his techno-henchman role for The Vulture. Good stuff. The young actor playing Parker's bully Flash Thompson does a good job as well. Is there a chance of him playing Venom down the road? Stay tuned true believers.

Unabashed comic book nerd commentary: I am still against the need for Tony Stark to throw his electronic genius at every character connected to him in these movies. Parker is a highly intelligent individual who could have designed all of his own gear without help and it could have looked good too. That said, that is some freaking good Spidey tech there, Stark! (2 thumbs up)

I cannot wait to read what people say about this movie that makes it a disappointing entertaining watch. ~end~

PS: Pay attention or you might miss the future Lando Calrissian playing in this movie. :p

[Edit] PS Part II: There are not any cut scene peeks for future movies just before, during or after the ending credits roll but the cut scene during the credits was nice. The cut scene after the ending credits? Corny as heck but still good. ;)

Last edited:

mldardy

Reaction score
hZYeSON.jpg

9.0 of 10.0

• Best Spider-Man movie
  • Best Spider-Man. Tom Holland. Hands down.
  • Best Peter Parker. Tom Holland plays a much better teenager than Andrew Garfield (and I really REALLY enjoyed Garfield's version of Parker)
  • Best Spider-Man Villain. Michael Keaton *applause* (Heck, even The Shocker was not half bad in a much smaller role)
  • Best all-around dialogue--for ALL characters--from Tom Holland to Stan Lee's customary bit cameo (Spoiler: Marisa Tomei has the best line in the entire movie at the very end of the movie before the credits roll)
  • Best background and foreground sets. The best cinematography for these types of films show every day scenery from the real world, not fake cartoonish imagery.
  • Best sidekick. The actor playing Peter's best friend does a great job. Green Lantern's Ryan Reynolds and Taika Waititi take note. THIS is how buddy buddy friendship should look like in a super-hero film.
Of course, Robert Downey Jr. never skips a beat playing Tony Stark or Iron Man in any movie. Excellent. Jon Favreau reprises his role as Happy Hogan. Excellent. I am still on the fence concerning Zendaya since the focus of the movie was on Laura Harrier but Zendaya's one-liners in this reboot hit every time. They MUST bring back Michael Chernus as The Tinkerer. Chernus does not overplay or underplay his techno-henchman role for The Vulture. Good stuff. The young actor playing Parker's bully Flash Thompson does a good job as well. Is there a chance of him playing Venom down the road? Stay tuned true believers.

Unabashed comic book nerd commentary: I am still against the need for Tony Stark to throw his electronic genius at every character connected to him in these movies. Parker is a highly intelligent individual who could have designed all of his own gear without help and it could have looked good too. That said, that is some freaking good Spidey tech there, Stark! (2 thumbs up)

I cannot wait to read what people say about this movie that makes it a disappointing entertaining watch. ~end~

PS: Pay attention or you might miss the future Lando Calrissian playing in this movie. :p

[Edit] PS Part II: There are not any cut scene peeks for future movies just before, during or after the ending credits roll but the cut scene during the credits was nice. The cut scene after the ending credits? Corny as heck but still good. ;)
Wow you are handing out a lot of Best's here. The best Spider-Man movie is still Spider-Man 1 and 2 and the best Spider-Man is still Tobey Maguire. The Best villain is still Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2. So I guess we disagree on our Best Spider-Man's.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow you are handing out a lot of Best's here. The best Spider-Man movie is still Spider-Man 1 and 2 and the best Spider-Man is still Tobey Maguire. The Best villain is still Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2. So I guess we disagree on our Best Spider-Man's.
Yes we do. :D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Have you seen this latest version?