Rate the last movie you saw

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wind River with Jeremy Renner - Not bad for a movie I had never heard of.
If you liked the Longmire show, you will probably like this.

Part 2...Annabelle: Creation - Slightly better than the first Annabelle but still a major let down IMO. I cannot understand how the people that did the Conjuring 1 and 2 can do so well with those two movies but so bad on the Annabelle movies.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell or High Water. 10/10.

Was reading some trivia on imdb about the movie I just posted about above...wind river.

Have seen Hell or High Water and liked it.

However I did not realize the two movies were part of a triology.

From IMDB Trivia section....

The final installment in Taylor Sheridan's thematic American Frontier trilogy (the other films being Sicario (2015) and Hell or High Water (2016)).

I have not seen Sicario yet.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My middle-aged self broke down and got a Fire Stick awhile ago. After 6 weeks of failed attempts to watch a current movie from this non-tech guy finally won!

I figured out how to see what we have been after through several add-ons and apps :laugh:

Mollys Game -9/10 mainly because I love poker.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Death Wish - 8 / 10

Bruce Willis playing a vigilante killing scum bags, what's not to like about it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was way more graphic than I expected, which isn't a bad thing. It seemed pro-2A, which was a nice change of pace.

I need to watch the original.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Here's a few of the movies I've watched over the past couple months

The Shape of Water 8/10 I enjoyed it, maybe because I loved The Creature From The Black Lagoon as a kid. I was entertained, but still think 3 Billboards should have won Best Picture.

Thor Ragnarok 6.5/10 The special effects were good, but it tried way too hard to be funny, was it supposed to be an action movie or a comedy? It could have been better if they didn't try to force the humor so much.

Jumanji 2 9/10 I liked it, very entertaining. Just a good fun movie.

Murder On The Orient Express 6.5/10 It was OK, but the original was much better.

Wind River 7/10 A good solid movie, the performances and story were pretty good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

7.5 out of 10.0

I caught this 20+ year old Clint Eastwood directed gem the other day on HBO or Starz. A Perfect World is a escape convict manhunt story at its core. Costner plays the very intelligent escapee who first kidnaps and then befriends a youngster T. J. Lowther, who could not have been 7 or 8 when he played the role but is too adorable to describe here.

The audience gets to watch Costner see what his life could have been in better circumstances through Lowther's eyes. Make no mistake, Costner plays a hardened criminal but he does not necessarily play it as the typical heart of gold bad guy. He does right by Lowther though, despite the fact Eastwood and Laura Dern, playing a U.S. Marshall and criminologist, are heading the manhunt.

The movie is set in the early 60's and the south and does a nice job reflecting the attitudes of the day, with some still prevalent in today's American society. Also, audience take a glimpse into how law enforcement tracked down criminals using the technology of the day.

Good film with a nice ending. I kinda wish Eastwood had explored the distraught mother angle more while she was been manipulated by public authorities throughout the whole ordeal but he centered almost the whole movie on Costner and Lowther. Nice job.

GMO415

Reaction score

7.5 out of 10.0

I caught this 20+ year old Clint Eastwood directed gem the other day on HBO or Starz. A Perfect World is a escape convict manhunt story at its core. Costner plays the very intelligent escapee who first kidnaps and then befriends a youngster T. J. Lowther, who could not have been 7 or 8 when he played the role but is too adorable to describe here.

The audience gets to watch Costner see what his life could have been in better circumstances through Lowther's eyes. Make no mistake, Costner plays a hardened criminal but he does not necessarily play it as the typical heart of gold bad guy. He does right by Lowther though, despite the fact Eastwood and Laura Dern, playing a U.S. Marshall and criminologist, are heading the manhunt.

The movie is set in the early 60's and the south and does a nice job reflecting the attitudes of the day, with some still prevalent in today's American society. Also, audience take a glimpse into how law enforcement tracked down criminals using the technology of the day.

Good film with a nice ending. I kinda wish Eastwood had explored the distraught mother angle more while she was been manipulated by public authorities throughout the whole ordeal but he centered almost the whole movie on Costner and Lowther. Nice job.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the new series of Lost In Space is coming on the 13th on Netflix. They had the movie remake of it on Netflix. I watched it again. Not the best movie but I like parts of it. I imagine the new series will be closer to the movie than the old show. I hope they make the new show a series show... From the previews it looks pretty good.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I wanted to check that out. Kinda disappointing to hear that it is a 6 type movie. Oh well, wait for it to come out on HBO I guess.

I enjoyed all the 80's references but the digital characters and fighting reminded me of a transformer movie and endless fight scenes do nothing for me. I'd still recommend it.