Rate the last movie you saw

GMO415

Reaction score
Wife and I saw Ready Player One yesterday..... Spielberg killed it again. Awesome fun movie

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Info courtesy of boxofficemojo.com,,,

5-Day Box Office Comparison
$325,438,146 Star Wars: The Force Awakens
$305,864,408 Avengers: Infinity War

Why post the comparison? Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the all-time domestic box office champion at $936.6 million. It is still very early but AIW is tracking really well with it. There may be a new domestic box office champ after all the dust has settled. :p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Info courtesy of boxofficemojo.com,,,

10-Day Box Office Comparison
$540,058,914 Star Wars: The Force Awakens
$450,806,540 Avengers: Infinity War

It freaking amazes me that Star Wars: The Force Awakens was that popular. I would have sworn the gap would have been closer since the 5-day margin was smaller. The Force ain’t no joke. Here’s another comparison:

10-Day Box Office Comparison
$373,071,647 Marvel’s The Avengers
$450,806,540 Avengers: Infinity War

Amazing stuff.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched accepted again this weekend. Been some time since I seen it. Still like it for what it is.
Recorded DC Cab. I know it is crappy and cheesy but I still love it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

'The Tolkien White Guys'. That is both extremely clever and hilarious! :laugh:I gotta admit chuckling at Graham Norton's question/comment about Black Panther making Titanic money also. Guess Norton did not have a clue how much box office either film had/has brought in.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Avengers IW: Much better, Marvel. I was thoroughly entertained./10

For a serious score, I'm going to currently give it a 8.5/10, with the possibility of going up or down based on the next Avengers. I can't give it a final grade since the film is really not complete without its second half.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
No.... I wonder why I called him that.

Then how it is a racist premise?
Killmonger's plan is he wanted to give minorities Vibranuim weaponry to overthrow their governments. This would not be equality, this would be oppression, or even outright genocide. Thus, the good guys fought against it.

There are literately hundreds of movies with the same plot--to give weapons to rouge nations / terrorists. The only difference is the nation was African.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No.... I wonder why I called him that.

So if Red Skull was trying to wipe out all East Indians, that wouldn't be racist?
Slightly off-topic: In all seriousness, Hydra is a fictional radical branch of the *****. Red Skull headed Hydra. So, making a hypothetical example of East Indians and genocide is not necessary when reflecting back on world history at that time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Fellas. Like always, we like to have discussions around multiple topics in this forum but, like always, we are going to slam the door on anything that goes to far towards the political. We are going to error on the side of caution and it's likely we are going to be heavy handed. I am posting this because I like you guys and I don't want anybody getting slammed.

Please, do not take this racial discussion, over a movie, too far.

Thank you in advance,

ABQ

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Fellas. Like always, we like to have discussions around multiple topics in this forum but, like always, we are going to slam the door on anything that goes to far towards the political. We are going to error on the side of caution and it's likely we are going to be heavy handed. I am posting this because I like you guys and I don't want anybody getting slammed.

Please, do not take this racial discussion, over a movie, too far.

Thank you in advance,

ABQ
This includes moderators like myself, so I am going to heed @ABQCOWBOY 's advice too. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am going to interject a small observation.

Both you and @Denim Chicken have accurately identified the ONLY character in the movie that associates directly with the implication.
Agreed, but his part in the movie is the whole story.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the antagonist's motivation. It just doesn't work for me in a movie adaptation of Marvel Comics.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Slightly off-topic: In all seriousness, Hydra is a fictional radical branch of the *****. Red Skull headed Hydra. So, making a hypothetical example of East Indians and genocide is not necessary when reflecting back on world history at that time.
Being a fictional movie, how does true or untrue history have any bearing?