Rate the last movie you saw

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Blockers

Not even going to rate it because it is what you would expect. A corny comedy but it does have a few laughs. If you want to space out and see something and laugh a little, give it a shot.

No rush though, wait for it on HBO or something but don't pay for it directly.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally got through the new Bladerunner...took me a few times.

Meh...just like the first one IMO.
Way over hyped.

I guess the original had all kind of new things in cinematography but I thought it was slow, too long, too foggy or blurry and so on but I think I actually liked it a little bit better than the new one.

Secrets of the Bermuda Triangle - Set it to record. For some reason I thought it was the movie based on the Peter Benchley novel where they discover old pirates still living like they did in the 1800s.
So after it was recorded I decided to start watching it and this was not the movie I thought it was..Turns out the movie I was thinking of was called The Island. This one was some really bad made for TV movie with a family who was part of a storm in the bermuda triangle and got on an island with a bunch of other people...really bad movie. Watched about 10-15 minutes, if that, and erased the movie.

The second kingsman movie - Finally watched the whole thing. It was ok, had some good fight scenes in it...I liked the first one a lot better. Maybe because the first one was newer and an origin story in some ways.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Wild Zero
Insane fun!

GoldenSimilarDonkey.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mvgcm8KGbs1s0u7yko1_500.gif

Corso

Reaction score
Finally got through the new Bladerunner...took me a few times.

Meh...just like the first one IMO.
Way over hyped.

I guess the original had all kind of new things in cinematography but I thought it was slow, too long, too foggy or blurry and so on but I think I actually liked it a little bit better than the new one.

Secrets of the Bermuda Triangle - Set it to record. For some reason I thought it was the movie based on the Peter Benchley novel where they discover old pirates still living like they did in the 1800s.
So after it was recorded I decided to start watching it and this was not the movie I thought it was..Turns out the movie I was thinking of was called The Island. This one was some really bad made for TV movie with a family who was part of a storm in the bermuda triangle and got on an island with a bunch of other people...really bad movie. Watched about 10-15 minutes, if that, and erased the movie.

The second kingsman movie - Finally watched the whole thing. It was ok, had some good fight scenes in it...I liked the first one a lot better. Maybe because the first one was newer and an origin story in some ways.
I am going to look into this Secrets of the Bermuda Triangle...

Corso

Reaction score
The church scene in the first one is simply iconic. It blew me away, especially with it being Colin Firth. Whoever choreographed that scene is a gosh darned genius. Amazing moment.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Blockers

Not even going to rate it because it is what you would expect. A corny comedy but it does have a few laughs. If you want to space out and see something and laugh a little, give it a shot.

No rush though, wait for it on HBO or something but don't pay for it directly.
I thought the same. Pretty funny overall, but I wouldn't pay good money for it

Kevinicus

Reaction score
VDV6OBP.jpg

8.5 of 10.0

Before Incredibles 2 starts, Samuel L. Jackson tells the audience he knows. He knows it has been 14 years since the original movie but that the wait would be worth it.

I was worried early on. The movie's first 30 minutes seemed to drag to me as it set up the story that continues that very same day seen at the end of original movie. I was worried for nuthin'.

In my opinion, an argument can be made the sequel is better. It is definitely more cerebral. The villain has more depth in this movie than Syndrome did in my book.

I will say this BUT as a hidden spoiler :p
The fight between Elastigirl and Mr. Incredible was brief but it was BETTER than the fight between Bruce and Clark in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And the setup for the Elastigirl/Mr. Incredible fight was more tangible than Bats/Supes.

There are no post credits scenes, just like in the original film, but there is a small treat for anyone willing to sit while the credits roll. During the movie, there is a 20 or so second scene where several characters playfully sing speak the words of Mr. Incredible and Frozone's respective hero jingles. Well, the jingles for them and Elastigirl have full lyrics and music and are sung back-to-back-to-back during the credits. No biggie but does put a smile on your face.

Next up on the 2018 movie bucket list: Ant-Man and The Wasp.

It's funny how different people's takes can be. I felt exactly the opposite. I thought the plot was extremely simple and not a thinking movie at all and found the villain to be the weakest link in the film.

I thought it had some good parts, but didn't match the magic of the first.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"House of a 1,000 Corpses"

While I'm a huge horror movie fan, I've kind of avoided this Rob Zombie flick just because I've hated his other films except for "Devil's Rejects" (which is a sequel of "House"), which was OK.

Needless to say I thought it was a ho-hum film. Yeah, I get it was suppose to be over the top, but it was too over the top for my liking. Quite frankly with all the goofy camera tricks and cut scenes and other nonsense the film was tough to follow.

Overall I gave the movie a 2/10.

I could have spent that two hours doing something more fruitful.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
"House of a 1,000 Corpses"

While I'm a huge horror movie fan, I've kind of avoided this Rob Zombie flick just because I've hated his other films except for "Devil's Rejects" (which is a sequel of "House"), which was OK.

Needless to say I thought it was a ho-hum film. Yeah, I get it was suppose to be over the top, but it was too over the top for my liking. Quite frankly with all the goofy camera tricks and cut scenes and other nonsense the film was tough to follow.

Overall I gave the movie a 2/10.

I could have spent that two hours doing something more fruitful.

That movie is all about the characters. It’s a cult classic.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just about to say DDL would be unbelievable as Quint. They did not even dig as deep into Quint in the movie as they did in the book. There was a deep Captain Ahab connection with Quint in Benchley's book, right down to how Quint died.

Russell Crowe might be able to pull it off too.
John Krazenski would make a good Brody.

They left a lot out of the book, like the affair between Hooper and Ellen Brody.

One of the things I found really funny about Spielberg's struggles with the film was his decision to use real people instead of actors like Mrs. Kintner and all of those guys on boats. Haven't got enough problems with the shark that he had to add amateurs to the mix? And some of them were very much amateurs.

But he learned. Man, did he learn. There is no better director for the entire cast than Spielberg, there are no minor roles if anyone is in the shot and he excels with actors we've never seen before like in "War Horse". When I watch his films over and over, I watch the secondary people and am constantly impressed with his attention to that detail.

And he has the best money shot I have ever seen in any film as the Orca is heading out and gets framed in the shark jaws hanging in the window. I shift in my seat every time I see that part in anticipation of what is to come.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pacific Rim: Uprising 1/10 with the lamest dialogue and acting I've seen in a long time. I could not even finish it, took it back to Redbox and even the machine didn't want it back.
I have not seen Pacific Rim: Uprising yet but (bold) is pretty darn funny. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pacific Rim: Uprising 1/10 with the lamest dialogue and acting I've seen in a long time. I could not even finish it, took it back to Redbox and even the machine didn't want it back.
I thought the first one was idiotic. I certainly have no plans to watch the second one.

The final battle in the first one: "Oh no, I'm getting my *** kicked, and I'm about to die.....Wait, what if I pull out this giant sword and kill him instead?"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the first one was idiotic. I certainly have no plans to watch the second one.

The final battle in the first one: "Oh no, I'm getting my *** kicked, and I'm about to die.....Wait, what if I pull out this giant sword and kill him instead?"
I am very forgiving of movies like that as I am well beyond their target demo for that type of movie. I expect some guy holding a grenade at the door, and says "here's one for mother" pulls the pin and tosses it in and killing himself as well. I not only expect but look forward to the stupid stuff.

I also was a fan of the Del Toro and became a fan of Charlie Hunnam on Sons of Anarchy, loved SOA. Plus Pacific Rim had a cool score too.