Rate the last movie you saw

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So what would you rate Overlord? I've been wanting to see that.

Disappointed to hear about Spider's Web. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo w/Runy Mara was one of the best suspense movies I had seen in awhile when it came out.

I'd probably give Overlord a 6 or so, which is average/solid in my book.

Dragon Tattoo (either version) was much much better than Spider's web, at every level. Foy's talent is wasted.

Vomit

Reaction score
First Man 9/10.
Very good. Accurate. Great special effects & acting.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
BlacKkKlansman 6/10

The plot didn't really make a lot of sense to me. The first black cop in Colorado Springs goes undercover and infiltrates the KKK on the phone through an ad in the paper. They had a white cop do all of the face to face meetings. Acting was good. Meh. Very over the top politics, as well.

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outlaw King -‘18...Sorta your Braveheart type flick. I liked it.

Watched it this weekend.
Thought it was pretty good as well.

Was kind of cool to find people from the Braveheart movie in it and some people from Game of Thrones.

The voice of the guy playing King Longshanks kept getting to me. Knew I heard his voice but the face did not ring a bell. Turned out to be the guy who played Stannis Barartheon from Game of Thrones...still did not look like him though,.

But it was a pretty good movie. Could have been a little better here and there but frankly it was pretty good for a Netflix original.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BlacKkKlansman 6/10

The plot didn't really make a lot of sense to me. The first black cop in Colorado Springs goes undercover and infiltrates the KKK on the phone through an ad in the paper. They had a white cop do all of the face to face meetings. Acting was good. Meh. Very over the top politics, as well.
It is a true story.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It is a true story.

It's based on a true story, but a lot of fluff was added.

They embellished a lot, which made it not make any sense. Apparently, the white cop didn't have many face to face meetings in real life.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I rewatched this over the past few days to refresh myself before the new one this weekend. I remember thinking it wasn't great, but enjoyable and better than I thought it would be. That's not how I felt this time. I thought it was okay, but never really was able to capture any "magic." I noticed that the titular beasts were really secondary to the actual plot, and the whole bit about them going around trying to locate some of them really didn't go anywhere and was basically a huge diversion. A huge chunk of that could be removed from the movie without any effect on the main plot.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Watched it this weekend.

Was kind of cool to find people from the Braveheart movie in it and some people from Game of Thrones.

The voice of the guy playing King Longshanks kept getting to me. Knew I heard his voice but the face did not ring a bell. Turned out to be the guy who played Stannis Barartheon from Game of Thrones...still did not look like him though,.

But it was a pretty good movie. Could have been a little better here and there but frankly it was pretty good for a Netflix original.

+ 1 worth a watch.

Pretty much nothing new here--standard format for this type of movie. I liked it though.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Green Room - New on netflix. A struggling Punk band gets a gig on what turns out to be a new **** club. After seeing something they were not supposed to see they need to survive and escape.

Not a bad thriller movie.

Little low budget but still a decent movie.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched it this weekend.

I agree but it had somewhat of a disjointed feel to it in the editing. I am a big Chris Pine fan and thought he was good. And the problem I had was continually comparing it the Braveheart which was big screen and this felt as if it was produced for the small screen. But it is worth watching...once. Not like the number of times I've watched Braveheart. And unless I missed it because the audio would drop with Pine's voice I missed any reference of Robert the Bruce's betrayal of William Wallace.

I also a agree about Netflix because their originals that are not episodic aren't that good.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Incredibles 2 - 8/10- I finally got to see it yesterday. A really enjoyable movie. It can't compare to the original because the original was the original. I could see the plot a mile away but in a move like this I didn't care. This is the kind of a movie you're just happy to watch.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night and I loved it! I thought it was entertaining and well done. The Live Aid performance scene was incredible and insanely accurate (down to the Pepsi cups sitting on Mercury's piano). I'm glad I went!

I would like to see a biopic movie about David Bowie - so much awesome music and such a trailblazing persona - maybe the first sexually ambiguous rock star (and that would be a minor trait for Bowie - he was a true star).

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Puzzle -‘18. I thought this would be good,but alas it’s a stoic brooding film where you just feel sterile and depressed when all is said and done.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Watched Creed again last night refreshing for the sequel next week. It impressed me again how it was constructed and shot, and the fights are filmed so much better than the older films (and other boxing movies). Part of the story is a bit too reminiscent of Rocky, but it still works. My biggest gripe is the character of Adonis. Far too often he is arrogant and abrasive with a bit of a victim mentality that just rubs me the wrong way. This seems like a common theme with characters played by Michael B. Jordan. At least this film recognizes and addresses these flaws a bit and he does seem to grow some towards the end.

Still, it's just a fun movie and a great addition to the Rocky universe.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Ok..I just found out Motley Crue’s “The Dirt” film is coming out on Netflix soon. I hope it’s good. That book was something else.