Rate the last movie you saw

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, that last 6' tall blond made me take her to go see one of those
"Twilight" flicks ,she kept telling me it was a romantic love story & I should just enjoy watching it,,,( to me) it was a bunch of teenage to twenty something kids who'd morph into werewolves, vampires & crap,,,are we on the same page? Anyway they had amassed their respective good freaks& evil freaks out on a snow covered plain towards the end of the movie I saw, , , am I on the same pages as y'all in what were talking about?,,, I'd bought a DVD outta the bargain bin labeled twlight a couple of years ago& never watched yet.
Good move, total crap and even bad for movies made for teens. When I was a teen, they made "The Blob" for me. It was a better actor than that entire cast in Twilight.

sulu1701

Reaction score
Watched The Green Book last night and that's a solid 9/10 for me and I am going to buy it and add it to the library.
About 2 wks ago I watched a segment on the Smithsonian channel that told the whole story of the Green Book, from the man who wrote it, to the revival of some of the places in the book, very enlightening

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dakota Fanning was in that?

Is Kendrick the one in the Hotel commercials?.........If so, she's really annoying.

There was one who I expected to get well known.......I think her last name is Green?.......Gorgeous girl.
Kendrick was good in "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and the chick in it with her was great.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About 2 wks ago I watched a segment on the Smithsonian channel that told the whole story of the Green Book, from the man who wrote it, to the revival of some of the places in the book, very enlightening
Doesn't it make you wonder what else is out there, under our noses all along and we weren't enlightened? I asked a black friend about my age if he'd ever heard of it and he said he had not.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved The Blob, with a young Steve McQueen, I saw it on Creature Feature
Saw it in the theater and it scared the Bejeezus out of us and I went back 3 times. He was an unknown at that time and quickly became one of my favorites just because of that movie. And for the times, it was really well made.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6f6.jpg

Thankfully, I don't think I have ever seen a film that this person was in. Or if she was, she was so inconsequential that I didn't know she was.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Good move, total crap and even bad for movies made for teens. When I was a teen, they made "The Blob" for me. It was a better actor than that entire cast in Twilight.
I'm thinking ol' Steve McQueen hisself put some screen time in on that " Blob" creature feature,,, am I right? ( in the rapidly daily deterioration of my once brilliant cerebral data-banks of meaningless recollections???o_O)

* oh, I do hope I'm correct in my recollecting today:starspin:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blue Ruin on netflix.
Guy that did Murder party and eventually made the Green Room did this one as well.

Did not make it though murder party. Heard it was good but i was tired and it just did not do it for me so I quit watching it.

Really enjoyed The Green Room.

Blue Ruin held my attention but it just seemed slow and sparse at times. With nobody talking or saying much for portions on the movie.
However it was still ok. I doubt I would watch it again though like I would the Green Room.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kendrick was good in "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and the chick in it with her was great.
Never even heard of that one. I think she hosted SNL once, and she was pretty good, if that's who it was, and if I remember correctly.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I loved The Blob, with a young Steve McQueen, I saw it on Creature Feature
Yes!,,, man alive!!! I'm feeling like a 50,000 watt powerhouse of vindicated mentalnesss today,,,er,,,scratch that, it's common knowledge it's to be read as
" mental vindication" ya know.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Blue Ruin on netflix.
Guy that did Murder party and eventually made the Green Room did this one as well.

Did not make it though murder party. Heard it was good but i was tired and it just did not do it for me so I quit watching it.

Really enjoyed The Green Room.

Blue Ruin held my attention but it just seemed slow and sparse at times. With nobody talking or saying much for portions on the movie.
However it was still ok. I doubt I would watch it again though like I would the Green Room.
Hey B.P.? Would you know where or how I could obtain a DVD copy of that "SWISS ARMY MAN" flick?, like a link to a website to where I could order it/they mail it?,,, I religiously scam over the " cult classic " section ( it's about the size dimensions of a bathroom clothes hamper,,, only smaller) in the only quality used books,tunes,movie& musical instruments store on my side of town, but I've had zero luck in tracking it down,man

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking ol' Steve McQueen hisself put some screen time in on that " Blob" creature feature,,, am I right? ( in the rapidly daily deterioration of my once brilliant cerebral data-banks of meaningless recollections???o_O)

* oh, I do hope I'm correct in my recollecting today:starspin:
His first starring role and that landed him Wanted: Dead or Alive on TV.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thankfully, I don't think I have ever seen a film that this person was in. Or if she was, she was so inconsequential that I didn't know she was.
I have seen her in the starring role of both the Twilight films and Snow White and the Huntsman. I am a literal person. When I say Stewart's acting COULD HAVE BEEN transferred from Twilight and transplanted as is into Snow White, I mean no one should have noticed any difference in her overall effort. Stewart is pretty much one-dimensional.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
His first starring role and that landed him Wanted: Dead or Alive on TV.
:thumbup: ya,know? I never "took a shine" to that chopped & bobbed lever-action mares-leg he carried in that series, like all the other kids at school would be talkin' up it's cool factoro_O

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey B.P.? Would you know where or how I could obtain a DVD copy of that "SWISS ARMY MAN" flick?, like a link to a website to where I could order it/they mail it?,,, I religiously scam over the " cult classic " section ( it's about the size dimensions of a bathroom clothes hamper,,, only smaller) in the only quality used books,tunes,movie& musical instruments store on my side of town, but I've had zero luck in tracking it down,man

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=SWISS+ARMY+MAN

If you have netflix I think it is on there right now.
You can also buy it online (no physical dvd) and watch it or rent it from places like google play or probably youtube as well.

It is a bizarre movie..had me laughing in a few spots.

sulu1701

Reaction score
Saw it in the theater and it scared the Bejeezus out of us and I went back 3 times. He was an unknown at that time and quickly became one of my favorites just because of that movie. And for the times, it was really well made.
My mom used to tell me about when they saw The Wolfman in the movies, and they would stay in the theater until dark, and they would be scared to walk home lol

sulu1701

Reaction score
Doesn't it make you wonder what else is out there, under our noses all along and we weren't enlightened? I asked a black friend about my age if he'd ever heard of it and he said he had not.
It started out as a travel guide for black families moving through the south, but then it quickly expanded, and the doc. also noted that there were a few black female entrepreneurs, that owned and ran some of the establishments.