Rate the last movie you saw

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Currently trying to power my way through Aquaman, the 2nd bottle of pinot is helping.....:lmao:
I'm trying to rewatch
" A night at the Roxbury "
for the first time in about 10 years & while it seems to have gotten stupider since my last viewing, I pulled the last glug outta' a makers mark bottle around 6 this morning and desperately need to resupply b-4 further viewing,,,o_O

Kevinicus

Reaction score
How did it compare to the first Fantastic Beasts film? I was underwhelmed by that one.

Much much worse. The characters basically wandered around aimlessly for 80% of the movie, and then there was 20 minutes of plot at the end. Kind of like the 2nd Twilight movie (yes, I watched that turd, and the turds before and after it).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually preferred the first movie over the sequel. Ezra Miller's character name escapes me right this moment but I do enjoy how they expanded upon his role in the sequel.

Side note: I really like Miller more in Beasts than in Justice League thus far.

It has its share of critics (and I hope to not stir them up with my question :p ) but how did you enjoy the giant monster seen in the first Cloverfield movie? I loved Abrams' approach.
I felt cheated, I came for a monster movie and didn't get one until the sequel when it peeked through a cloud. Uh-oh, it was hiding.

With Bird Box, I saw the monster before I saw it and understood why they left it out, really poor job.

The other thing I don't like is showing the monster in the trailer or too early in the movie. Get some build going and then hit me in the face with it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much much worse. The characters basically wandered around aimlessly for 80% of the movie, and then there was 20 minutes of plot at the end. Kind of like the 2nd Twilight movie (yes, I watched that turd, and the turds before and after it).
I don't agree but Kevin is much more of a movie critic than I am and sees more movies of anyone I know. I do not watch movies with a critical eye and am pretty easy to please but then I do not go to theaters and spring for the ticket like he does, that would definitely affect my opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The woman who heads up our HR dept. at work made me read the first book (I still haven't regained the respect I lost for her) so I had to watch the first one, to see if the movie was any better. It wasn't. I watched the second one (while doing crosswords or something), to see if it was an improvement over the first one, and lo and behold....nope. I don't think I've seen any since then.

Vampires that shimmer in sunlight, instead of bursting into flames......a microcosm of the millennial generation?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I felt cheated, I came for a monster movie and didn't get one until the sequel when it peeked through a cloud. Uh-oh, it was hiding.
Forgive me beforehand if I am making the wrong assumption.

Are you saying you felt cheated that Cloverfield only showed the giant monster intermittently throughout the film instead of constantly displaying the monster in every scene like in a typical Godzilla movie?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Are you saying you felt cheated that Cloverfield only showed the giant monster intermittently throughout the film instead of constantly displaying the monster in every scene like in a typical Godzilla movie?
I want to see the monster chowing down on some vixen. As a matter of fact, if I met a monster, my first words would be Got Vixen?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to see the monster chowing down on some vixen. As a matter of fact, if I met a monster, my first words would be Got Vixen?
:muttley:

It is not the same thing but I was happy the monster chewed up TJ Miller near the end of the movie. That scene was even better when Miller's camcorder kept running inside the monster's mouth capturing every chew. :laugh:

Let me tell anyone reading this and thinking I am an awful person to say that--just watch the movie. You would want to kill Miller long before the end of the movie too. :p

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The woman who heads up our HR dept. at work made me read the first book (I still haven't regained the respect I lost for her) so I had to watch the first one, to see if the movie was any better. It wasn't. I watched the second one (while doing crosswords or something), to see if it was an improvement over the first one, and lo and behold....nope. I don't think I've seen any since then.

Vampires that shimmer in sunlight, instead of bursting into flames......a microcosm of the millennial generation?

They got progressively worse, so you can imagine how bad the last couple were.

There might be a decent story in the series, enough for one movie (or 2 short ones), if you stripped away all the nonsense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They got progressively worse, so you can imagine how bad the last couple were.

There might be a decent story in the series, enough for one movie (or 2 short ones), if you stripped away all the nonsense.
...and the shimmering...and the ridiculous teenage angst.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6f6.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One example of irony is Anna Kendrick's career growing from a small brief supporting role in Twilight to being arguably larger than all the main cast's careers combined. Maybe Dakota Fanning should be excluded from that assumption.

Perhaps Kendrick would have been a better Bella, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One example of irony is Anna Kendrick's career growing from a small brief supporting role in Twilight to being arguably larger than all the main cast's careers combined. Maybe Dakota Fanning should be excluded from that assumption.

Perhaps Kendrick would have been a better Bella, lol.
Dakota Fanning was in that?

Is Kendrick the one in the Hotel commercials?.........If so, she's really annoying.

There was one who I expected to get well known.......I think her last name is Green?.......Gorgeous girl.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Man, that last 6' tall blond made me take her to go see one of those
"Twilight" flicks ,she kept telling me it was a romantic love story & I should just enjoy watching it,,,( to me) it was a bunch of teenage to twenty something kids who'd morph into werewolves, vampires & crap,,,are we on the same page? Anyway they had amassed their respective good freaks& evil freaks out on a snow covered plain towards the end of the movie I saw, , , am I on the same pages as y'all in what were talking about?,,, I'd bought a DVD outta the bargain bin labeled twlight a couple of years ago& never watched yet.

Melonfeud

Reaction score

:lmao2:lmao:lmao2:

Man,I've got that flick Cloverfield:lmao:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dakota Fanning was in that?

Is Kendrick the one in the Hotel commercials?.........If so, she's really annoying.

There was one who I expected to get well known.......I think her last name is Green?.......Gorgeous girl.
Not exactly sure which film Fanning initially appears. She is the vampire who can inflict pain in her victims by simply looking at them.

Not sure about Hotel commercials. Kendrick is best known for the Pitch Perfect movies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not exactly sure which film Fanning initially appears. She is the vampire who can inflict pain in her victims by simply looking at them.

Not sure about Hotel commercials. Kendrick is best known for the Pitch Perfect movies.
I don't recall anyone with that particular pain inflicting talent, so I guess I haven't seen that one..........Darn.

Yep.....It's her:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't recall anyone with that particular pain inflicting talent, so I guess I haven't seen that one..........Darn.

Yep.....It's her:

Yeah. Not her best work. :p

I googled Fanning's Twlight appearances. She is in the 2nd, 3rd and 5th movies.