Rate the last movie you saw

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only movie I really liked him in is The Other Guys. Too much of him is way too much of him. He was great on SNL, because he only had so much time to get annoying.

Have you ever seen the computer animated film Megamind?

It was just voice work, but I thought he was great in that one. And I think it's a vastly underrated film in that genre. I'm still shocked that given all of the truly mediocre franchises and sequels out there that it never got one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you ever seen the computer animated film Megamind?

It was just voice work, but I thought he was great in that one. And I think it's a vastly underrated film in that genre. I'm still shocked that given all of the truly mediocre franchises and sequels out there that it never got one.
I saw part of it, but not sure if I saw the whole thing. It was good, from what I remember. I think doing voiceover work forces him to stay subdued.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw part of it, but not sure if I saw the whole thing. It was good, from what I remember. I think doing voiceover work forces him to stay subdued.

"Subdued" is not how he's gotten this far. That just ain't his thing. But I think there's a line between being over the top and just being stupid and not funny and I don't think he always knows where that line is. He clearly didn't with his last choice, Holmes & Watson.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Subdued" is not how he's gotten this far. That just ain't his thing. But I think there's a line between being over the top and just being stupid and not funny and I don't think he always knows where that line is. He clearly didn't with his last choice, Holmes & Watson.
What we won't do for love we will do for money.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Godzilla King of the Monsters"

Good movie. Not the best Godzilla flick I've ever seen. The plot was meh, but the monster action was good. And it's always good to see 3 returning monsters from the past in King Gidorah, Mothra and Rodan.

Oh, it was also nice to have some of the traditional music from the older Godzilla films.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody on a recent airline flight. To be honest, I can't get the movie or the music out of my head. Simply outstanding. Easily an 8 or 9 out of 10.

I think the movie handled Freddie Mercury's life and lifestyle with dignity and grace. I can't say enough, though, about Remi Malek's portrayal of Mercury. He IS Freddie Mercury.

Admittedly, I love Queen's music. Nonetheless, if you have seen Bohemian Rhapsody, add it to your "watch list"

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I also saw the new Pokemon movie with our grand kids. I've have never understood, nor kept up with, the Pokemon craze.

For a majority of the movie, I felt I was watching a foreign film without the English subtitles. Don't waste your time unless you have pre-teen kids or grand-kids.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody on a recent airline flight. To be honest, I can't get the movie or the music out of my head. Simply outstanding. Easily an 8 or 9 out of 10.

I think the movie handled Freddie Mercury's life and lifestyle with dignity and grace. I can't say enough, though, about Remi Malek's portrayal of Mercury. He IS Freddie Mercury.

Admittedly, I love Queen's music. Nonetheless, if you have seen Bohemian Rhapsody, add it to your "watch list"
I caught most of it also on a Dallas/San Diego flight last Thursday but did not see the last 30 minutes. I plan on finishing it soon but I do not believe my rating will be any different than your own.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I caught most of it also on a Dallas/San Diego flight last Thursday but did not see the last 30 minutes. I plan on finishing it soon but I do not believe my rating will be any different than your own.
The last 20 minutes, the performance at Live Aid, is the best part. I thought it was good but I would not watch it again and I think they overdid Malek's overbite, he kept reminding me of Jerry Lewis in The Nutty Professor.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw "A Star is Born" and thought it was OK, didn't get all the hype but the musical performances of Bradley Cooper were a lot better to me than Lady Gaga's. And I realize they were brothers but did he have to channel Sam Elliott's voice?

I like him and he is one of the actors that will draw me to a movie, really liked him in "Silver Linings Playbook".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tNrf1f6.jpg

7.75 out of 10.0

Just an all-around good movie. The Highwaymen plays completely within its timeframe, which I enjoy a lot out of era films. Personally, I would have liked it more if the movie included timestamps before and during Hamer and Gault's manhunt as references that went along with the locations.

Costner (Hamer) and Harrelson (Gault) were very relatable in my opinion. I could feel their misery and complacency being two former out-of-touch Texas Rangers. Bates was good too but I have this feeling the real-life governor was not so much power oriented as she was steadfast believing the Texas Rangers were entirely a necessity that the 20th century did not require.

William Sadler did not have a large role but his conversation as Clyde's father with Hamer was pretty darn good. It kind of stole the movie for me. What does any parent say, when they understand the fate that lies in store for their child, to the man who will seal that fate?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

*,,,er,,, I gotta' a Copy on that typo of " Haven't " ,,,their my world lasso roper bro,,,: Feudian brethren out!:thumbup:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last 20 minutes, the performance at Live Aid, is the best part. I thought it was good but I would not watch it again and I think they overdid Malek's overbite, he kept reminding me of Jerry Lewis in The Nutty Professor.
I remember reading earlier observations about Malek's overbite and occasionally thought about it but I did not find it distracting.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I saw it and rated it very highly, Freddie Mercury's look would be hard to replicate even with today's cgi and prosthetics. I was more taken by how well they did with Brian May's likeness.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The other day while waiting for the Walmart key toting employee to unlock the glass doored Jim beam resupply station, I passed the time "fishing" thru the $4 DVD jumper-ball bin with reckless abandon,,, SHEESE ,,,outta' the 3 flicks I bought( I do it about every other month or two,,,have been for years) "Truman/the Shooter/& some craptasically acclaimed Terminator s*** flick that I couldn't finish watching,,, that " markey-mark" Shooter flick was the only one I'd even cared to watch/ rewind on.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
The other day while waiting for the Walmart key toting employee to unlock the glass doored Jim beam resupply station, I passed the time "fishing" thru the $4 DVD jumper-ball bin with reckless abandon,,, SHEESE ,,,outta' the 3 flicks I bought( I do it about every other month or two,,,have been for years) "Truman/the Shooter/& some craptasically acclaimed Terminator s*** flick that I couldn't finish watching,,, that " markey-mark" Shooter flick was the only one I'd even cared to watch/ rewind on.
Yeah, I think if you listed the films that you genuinely rated as very good or better, it would be a short list that accounted for a fraction of the amount you had invested hours of your all too short life watching. Films are much the same as books, there is always an element of risk when you begin one.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Yeah, I think if you listed the films that you genuinely rated as very good or better, it would be a short list that accounted for a fraction of the amount you had invested hours of your all too short life watching. Films are much the same as books, there is always an element of risk when you begin one.
Ha,,,ya,you bet! Almost akin' to shopping for girlfriend's & straight up ******,,,huh,ol' buddy:thumbup: