Rate the last movie you saw

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I'm sure most people saw Toy Story 4. So did I. 10/10....

Although far inferior...and most would think is awful...I also saw THIS terribly amazing masterpiece. CHUCKY VS Woody.... FIGHT

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody on a recent airline flight. To be honest, I can't get the movie or the music out of my head. Simply outstanding. Easily an 8 or 9 out of 10.

I think the movie handled Freddie Mercury's life and lifestyle with dignity and grace. I can't say enough, though, about Remi Malek's portrayal of Mercury. He IS Freddie Mercury.

Admittedly, I love Queen's music. Nonetheless, if you have seen Bohemian Rhapsody, add it to your "watch list"

Check this out. They did such a good job:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Terrifier..bad in a good way, takes the clown cliche and just plows through but more gory than any movie I've seen in a bit. 8/10

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The new Predator.

about what I expected.

5/10
Went the same direction as Alien Covenant. These people never learn, no need to explain where the creature/monster originated, letting them just be is good enough. I never played that chicken/egg thing game with the Alien.

I like Thomas Jane but the director should have reminded him he had Tourette's about half way through because he forgot. Unless part of the Predator's mojo is that one encounter cures Tourette's?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Went the same direction as Alien Covenant. These people never learn, no need to explain where the creature/monster originated, letting them just be is good enough. I never played that chicken/egg thing game with the Alien.

I like Thomas Jane but the director should have reminded him he had Tourette's about half way through because he forgot. Unless part of the Predator's mojo is that one encounter cures Tourette's?

Lol, my wife and I watched this last night too. I’ve seen TV shows with better special effects. I was shocked to see this move was dated 2018.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Toy Story 4 - It's alright I guess. I liked the first two, but was never blown away by them. I thought the 3rd was just a rehash that was less humorous and extremely overrated. I'd put the 4th somewhere in between. It's competent and occasionally funny, but never something that really grabbed me.

Child's Play - Obviously, it's bad. However, it's not all bad. The story is dumb, of course, as are the characters, but the film knows this, and does have fun with things. The new design of Chucky is pretty bad, but they make fun of that a little too (I think). For the most part it's a pretty generic slasher, with a premise we're all pretty familiar with (though Chucky is just a software issue and not possessed this time), but it's also fun at times.

Yesterday - Saw this last night. While it was somewhat enjoyable, it was also kind of disappointing.

I'm certainly no Beatles expert (or fan), but for the most part, the songs they used seemed pretty unimpressive. There were some that I recognized, but those they seemed to just barely touch on (and a lot of those were in the trailer). The bulk just seemed like they were pretty generic songs (not sure if the arrangements were different than what the Beatles actually used). So, from the music aspect, I wasn't very impressed with this film.

I did get the urge to go find Lily James and ask her out on a date, though. I thought she was good in this (and cute as hell). I thought she did especially well in the train station scene.

I would say I enjoyed Yesterday the most of these three.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of attending a matinee showing of Spider-Man: Far From Home today. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Even though it is a Marvel movie, it felt like a true summer movie. I say that as a compliment. The movie starts out slow, but the action builds. Unfortunately a couple breaks for exposition occur, but the flow of the movie is more or less maintained throughout. Also stick around for the two post credit scenes, one features an old familiar face. If you enjoyed the 2017 movie Spider-Man: Homecoming, then you'll probably enjoy the sequel. I did and I think this one might even be better.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
About to watch Bohemian Rhapsody. Shockingly, it's already on HBO.
Just finished it. Very good movie that started off a bit slow, yet too fast in a way, but ended beautifully. Personally, I think the guy who played Brian May was the best part of the movie. I agree with @CouchCoach that they overdid Freddie's overbite, hard as that is to imagine, and I don't think he particularly looked like Mercury, but that's not really the point of the movie, and he did an very good job. I never realized Freddie was so neurotic. He always appeared extremely confident in his flamboyance.

cml750

Reaction score
Went to see Spiderman: Far From Home today. I thought it was a great movie. I would give it 9 out of 10. It was by far the best Spiderman movie since Tobey Maguire in Spiderman 2. Tom Holland does a great job as Peter Parker just as Maguire did. Combine that with a great action packed story line and you have a great movie. One of the end scenes will make the next Spiderman movie very interesting.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rdoAV1X.jpg

8.25 of 10.0

Took awhile but finally finished the final 30 minutes. Bohemian Rhapsody is almost everything I hoped for. The soundtrack rocks almost throughout. The movie does (I believe) a very good job of showing the groups intra-relationships. I think it would be fair to say it is easy seeing why Rami Malek won the Oscar. His Freddie Mercury really glows from the screen.

Selfishly, I had hoped at least the main theme from Flash Gordon would have made the movie. Life does not always give everything you want. I am well-pleased with what the movie delivered though.

Weeeee are the champions my friends!

cml750

Reaction score
rdoAV1X.jpg

8.25 of 10.0

Took awhile but finally finished the final 30 minutes. Bohemian Rhapsody is almost everything I hoped for. The soundtrack rocks almost throughout. The movie does (I believe) a very good job of showing the groups intra-relationships. I think it would be fair to say it is easy seeing why Rami Malek won the Oscar. His Freddie Mercury really glows from the screen.

Selfishly, I had hoped at least the main theme from Flash Gordon would have made the movie. Life does not always give everything you want. I am well-pleased with what the movie delivered though.

Weeeee are the champions my friends!

I saw it last night on HBO. I agree with your score and analysis.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I saw spider man far from home and it was a little slow. That's to be expected when you have to basically reset an entire universe I guess. Pretty good action scenes and characters. I'm really enjoying the new Spider-Man.
I'd say 7/10

Then I watched Venom and man I really enjoyed this movie. Not as many of slow spots that kill movies. Tom hardy is just bad *** dude.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished it. Very good movie that started off a bit slow, yet too fast in a way, but ended beautifully. Personally, I think the guy who played Brian May was the best part of the movie. I agree with @CouchCoach that they overdid Freddie's overbite, hard as that is to imagine, and I don't think he particularly looked like Mercury, but that's not really the point of the movie, and he did an very good job. I never realized Freddie was so neurotic. He always appeared extremely confident in his flamboyance.
That guy playing Brian May could have been his younger twin, they outdid themselves in the casting of him.

Malik's capturing Mercury's mannerisms and movements was very well done and the ending was as well done as any I've seen, I felt like I was watching that performance all over again, it captured what is still considered one of the best live performances in rock history amazingly well. While the movie took us on a tour of a man's fatal self-indulgence, it left us with what he wanted to be above all else, a rock music performer and he was as good as we've ever had.

The telling of the true story didn't pull any punches, it was a raw look inside a human being and gave me a better understanding just how hard that struggle within can be. Brian May and the rest should be proud of how they told the story because they allowed the vulnerability of a "bigger than life" celebrity that was idolized by thousands to come form behind the curtain.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Malik's capturing Mercury's mannerisms and movements was very well done and the ending was as well done as any I've seen,
The mini-cut scene during the last portion of the group's Live Aid performance, which showed the EMI executive sitting at his desk contemplating what could have been, was absolutely perfect. It lasted... what? Perhaps five seconds. Ten seconds max. It was great regardless how long it lasted.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The mini-cut scene during the last portion of the group's Live Aid performance, which showed the EMI executive sitting at his desk contemplating what could have been, was absolutely perfect. It lasted... what? Perhaps five seconds. Ten seconds max. It was great regardless how long it lasted.
I laughed pretty hard at that part too.