Rate the last movie you saw

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Saw Godzilla and had a lot of fun. Some in here must've went in and expected Shawshank. It's a monster movie. Yes, it's not realistic. As an aviation nut, I had to completely shut off my brain when I saw what they had V-22 Osprey's doing as far as maneuvers. I didn't care about the characters. Not one. Everyone in the theater is there to see the monsters and them destroy everything in sight. Sit back, get yo' popcorn ready, and have fun! Do that and you'll enjoy this one.

Also, it's always great to see Kyle Chandler in movies and TV shows. He's underappreciated as an actor.

Looking forward to Kong vs. Godzilla.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
SAndler and Anistons new movie Murder Mystery. It was just about as bad a movie as you can imagine. I swear to never watch Sandler movies again but then he drags me in with something like Grown Ups and then I give him another chance. I think after watching this horrible movie I may swear off him again. Aniston was the only thing that made me not turn the channel. Bad script, bad acting, just bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SAndler and Anistons new movie Murder Mystery. It was just about as bad a movie as you can imagine. I swear to never watch Sandler movies again but then he drags me in with something like Grown Ups and then I give him another chance. I think after watching this horrible movie I may swear off him again. Aniston was the only thing that made me not turn the channel. Bad script, bad acting, just bad.

I swore off of Adam Sandler years ago, well before the first Grown Ups. He's been mailing it in and essentially giving fans the middle finger while he gets paid for years. I've reached the point where I immediately avoid anything with his name on it. Fool me once...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Grown Ups dragged you in?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Dead Don't Die - Wow this was bad. It starts out with a few moments indicating it will be a quirky comedy, and there are a few more of those moments sprinkled in, but the rest is just absolutely pointless nothing.

So many random scenes introducting characters that serve no purpose.

A real bore.

kskboys

Reaction score
Saw Godzilla and had a lot of fun. Some in here must've went in and expected Shawshank. It's a monster movie. Yes, it's not realistic. As an aviation nut, I had to completely shut off my brain when I saw what they had V-22 Osprey's doing as far as maneuvers. I didn't care about the characters. Not one. Everyone in the theater is there to see the monsters and them destroy everything in sight. Sit back, get yo' popcorn ready, and have fun! Do that and you'll enjoy this one.

Also, it's always great to see Kyle Chandler in movies and TV shows. He's underappreciated as an actor.

Looking forward to Kong vs. Godzilla.
Haven't seen this one yet, but looking forward to it after the critics panned it. They said too much monster fighting and not enough human drama. What? Do the critics have any credibility whatsoever? I'm wavering on whether they should just be shot or tortured for proclaiming that monster movies need more human drama.

paladin

Reaction score
I thought it was great movie especially for it's time. Before that most troubled kids in movies came from broken homes where parents were abusive, or came from the wrong side of the tracks or were raised by morally questionable parents. They generally weren't portrayed coming from seemingly normal families. Post war society was changing, rise of the middle class, kid's wanting to fit in and kids lashing out for attention. I think it was harder for parents to understand it at the time, because they generally came from a different era, out of the Great Depression, then WW2, where it was just a struggle for families to survive and endure. It's a pretty normal story now, but it wasn't then. Rebel really laid out the template for future teen angst movies.

What a accurate and succinct review!
I think you just identified my discontent with a single phrase
"teen angst movie"
That's why I wanted to slap Dean throughout the entire movie!

Guess it was a mistake for me to become a high school counselor

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I know right? lets just say there were a couple of scenes that were funny. Rob Schneiders hot daughters were in most of those.
My wife and I went to see Sandler's standup last week, and Schneider was a special guest. He was a lot better than Sandler was. Sandler just did a little humor mixed with a ton of short random songs that weren't very funny at all. The highlight was the tribute song to Chris Farley.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What a accurate and succinct review!
I think you just identified my discontent with a single phrase
"teen angst movie"
That's why I wanted to slap Dean throughout the entire movie!

Guess it was a mistake for me to become a high school counselor
Watching that movie for a HS counselor would be like being at work........lol :laugh:

visionary

Reaction score
I swore off of Adam Sandler years ago, well before the first Grown Ups. He's been mailing it in and essentially giving fans the middle finger while he gets paid for years. I've reached the point where I immediately avoid anything with his name on it. Fool me once...

I’ve never been a fan of Sandler
Never figured out what people saw on his movies (except Grown ups)

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
MiB International. What a stinker. No plot, acting was meh. The only thing going for it was a little guy named Pawny.

John813

Reaction score
Rented Captain Marvel Friday.

Enjoyed the movie more than I expected I would.
Expected some type of twist when she was with the Kree to start(and Ronan was a dead giveaway).

8/10 for me.

Well made movie and plot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked a few of the early ones, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, the Waterboy. But how he's managed a lucrative career since then is a mystery, especially when he continues to put crap out there.
I am the same way about Will Ferrell, I just don't get it.