Rate the last movie you saw

morasp

Reaction score
I've been watching My Three Sons on MeTV and decided to watch my DVD of the 1947 classic The Egg and I DVD starring Claudette Colbert and Fred MacMurray. The movie must have been a precursor to Green Acres and was loads of fun. The movie also featured Ma and Pa Kettle and launched a series of movies starring those two characters. IMDB rates it 7.2 but I would give it an 8.5.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been watching My Three Sons on MeTV and decided to watch my DVD of the 1947 classic The Egg and I DVD starring Claudette Colbert and Fred MacMurray. The movie must have been a precursor to Green Acres and was loads of fun. The movie also featured Ma and Pa Kettle and launched a series of movies starring those two characters. IMDB rates it 7.2 but I would give it an 8.5.
Love the Kettles, Marjorie Main was a riot. Her interaction with the Indian always knocked me out.

Nothing like the classics. I turned my older son onto The African Queen, Casablanca, The Thin Man, It Happened One Night and Citizen Kane, movies he had always heard about but not invested the time. Now, he has an appreciation for the groundwork laid and remarked the writing was better back then. I agree.

morasp

Reaction score
Love the Kettles, Marjorie Main was a riot. Her interaction with the Indian always knocked me out.

Nothing like the classics. I turned my older son onto The African Queen, Casablanca, The Thin Man, It Happened One Night and Citizen Kane, movies he had always heard about but not invested the time. Now, he has an appreciation for the groundwork laid and remarked the writing was better back then. I agree.
Some great movies on that list. I agree too there's a lot of creativity in the older movies. I think next up I'll dig out another movie that inspired a TV show, Francis the Talking Mule. I've never seen it but I like Mr. Ed and my tells me it's pretty funny.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some great movies on that list. I agree too there's a lot of creativity in the older movies. I think next up I'll dig out another movie that inspired a TV show, Francis the Talking Mule. I've never seen it but I like Mr. Ed and my tells me it's pretty funny.
Loved that, Donald O'Connor plays the straight man to the mule, voiced by Chill Wills. And he won't talk to anyone but him.

I think Warner Bros took their idea for Michigan J. Frog from Francis because he'll only sing to that one guy.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. 3/10

Good acting, beautiful cinematography, but terrible plot. The first two hours is basically people driving around in cars.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. 3/10

Good acting, beautiful cinematography, but terrible plot. The first two hours is basically people driving around in cars.

I really wanted to like it, thought it would match Pulp Fiction type stuff. I was wrong, it was terrible.....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Robert Downey Sherlock Holmes films

7/10 and 6/10 for the sequel

Fun films. Sequel was less interesting

I just wish they didnt cast Jude Law as Watson. He is just too handsome for a straight man to have to look at

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
No, I am. The only movies of his I didn't like are Deathproof, Hateful 8, and this one.

I'm on the same page with you. When the reviews I trust said it was average until the 3rd act, I started to lower my expectation. Even worse, I didn't care for that 3rd act, either.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's too chatty in his dialogue for me for the most part.
I find most of his movies corny. Didn't care for Pulp Fiction at all. Django was pretty good and maybe a couple others, but his stories are pointless excuses for over the top violence and bad dialogue.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I saw OUATIH last night too. I also did not really care for it. AT LEAST an hour could have been cut out. So much of it did not matter to anything. Entire sections and characters could be removed entirely without issue.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I watched the new Pet Cemetery last night. Meh. Not only was it not very faithful to the original, but it just felt very bland and predictable to me. I love John Lithgow as an actor and he was probably the only saving grace to the film.

Alita Battle Angel

Not great, but I thought it was OK. Prolly only for Scifi fans.

I actually enjoyed this movie way more than I was anticipating going in. I thought it was fun and had some tremendous CGI.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
While I seldom sit thru the movie previews of a DVD movie, I caught one titled "Foxcatcher" ,just saying it was coming soon to blu-ray,,,the preview portrayed it in some kinda' surreal & weirdly godfather-esque fashion, it said it was based on an actual event, something about an Olympic caliber collegiate style wrestling training camp& it featured that Steve Carrel (dinner for shmucks/anchorman guy) in an totally unrecognizable character role and was curious if anyone had seen or heard anything about this flick? As I'm not all that certain if I wanna see this flick, as it shows him learching out unto the wrestling mat with a pistol being held down along his right leg.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
While I seldom sit thru the movie previews of a DVD movie, I caught one titled "Foxcatcher" ,just saying it was coming soon to blu-ray,,,the preview portrayed it in some kinda' surreal & weirdly godfather-esque fashion, it said it was based on an actual event, something about an Olympic caliber collegiate style wrestling training camp& it featured that Steve Carrel (dinner for shmucks/anchorman guy) in an totally unrecognizable character role and was curious if anyone had seen or heard anything about this flick? As I'm not all that certain if I wanna see this flick, as it shows him learching out unto the wrestling mat with a pistol being held down along his right leg.

It's an excellent, and true movie about one of the richest families in America, and the demise of their last real heir.

Steve Carrell is fantastic in the lead role. Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo also star.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's an excellent, and true movie about one of the richest families in America, and the demise of their last real heir.

Steve Carrell is fantastic in the lead role. Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo also star.
Way cool Man& thank you:thumbup:

yimyammer

Reaction score
I guess I'm the lone dissenting opinion but I liked Once Upon A Time in Hollywood.

I thought it was a fun flashback to that era and I enjoyed the cinematography, cars, music, clothing that made you feel like you were watching a movie actually shot in those times and I thought the story was a fun "what if" of historical events