Rate the last movie you saw

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
YkPACMi.jpg

9.0 of 10.0

Fav movie quote #1 of 2 - "LOOK OVER THERE! MAN GOATS!"

Just my opinion but I loved both halves. :p Spider-Man: Far From Home is better than the Maguire 3, better than the Garfield 2 and better than Holland's (who I am even more convinced is the best Peter Parker yet) Homecoming.

The 'multi-verse' was a true bummer for me. However I am SO very glad they stayed true to Mysterio.

Both post credits ending scenes were pretty good for me. I have been slightly anxious how Marvel will take audiences into its next MCU phase. Those scenes made me feel a little more at ease.

Fav movie quote #2 of 2 (paraphrasing) - Parker: "There has gotta be someone else you can use. <snip> Captain Marvel?" Fury: "Do not speak her name!" The second post credits ending scene made me smile more thinking back on it. :D

Hey! Ho! Let's go!

EDIT: Thread question. Has anyone who seen the movie noticed scenes from the January teaser either missing or were re-shot? It is either that or I blinked while watching it. Or was under the influence. Or maybe both. I do not remember. :laugh:
I honestly can't answer your question, because I don't know what scenes you're talking about. And I didn't see any goats!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly can't answer your question, because I don't know what scenes you're talking about.
Here are a couple of gifs I made from the movie's trailers/teasers:

0gqj2kn.gif

Notice Parker's suit? I did not remember seeing the below mini-scenes either:

XqRnZIv.gif

15p0uoW.gif

woRRAr3.gif

And I didn't see any goats!
That's okay. Nobody on the bus saw any goats too. :muttley:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think they said the first part where je is fighting and messimg with the cops would be a feature on disc when released. Kind of like a short.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YkPACMi.jpg

9.0 of 10.0

Fav movie quote #1 of 2 - "LOOK OVER THERE! MAN GOATS!"

Just my opinion but I loved both halves. :p Spider-Man: Far From Home is better than the Maguire 3, better than the Garfield 2 and better than Holland's (who I am even more convinced is the best Peter Parker yet) Homecoming.

The 'multi-verse' was a true bummer for me. However I am SO very glad they stayed true to Mysterio.

Both post credits ending scenes were pretty good for me. I have been slightly anxious how Marvel will take audiences into its next MCU phase. Those scenes made me feel a little more at ease.

Fav movie quote #2 of 2 (paraphrasing) - Parker: "There has gotta be someone else you can use. <snip> Captain Marvel?" Fury: "Do not speak her name!" The second post credits ending scene made me smile more thinking back on it. :D

Hey! Ho! Let's go!

EDIT: Thread question. Has anyone who seen the movie noticed scenes from the January teaser either missing or were re-shot? It is either that or I blinked while watching it. Or was under the influence. Or maybe both. I do not remember. :laugh:

I'm curious as to how the post credits scenes helped you to feel more at ease regarding the next MCU phase?

I'm seeing some seriously lost momentum myself.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious as to how the post credits scenes helped you to feel more at ease regarding the next MCU phase?

I'm seeing some seriously lost momentum myself.
It is just my perspective. To me, there are a lot of unknowns that were created by the (now) Avengers void. The first post credits scene reminded me a good bit of how the first Iron Man film ended, the movie which launched the MCU's first phase. The second post credits scene helped re-spark my 'cosmic' imagination with possible tie-ins with both the upcoming The Eternals franchise and the long-awaited Guardians of the Galaxy 3 release. It is highly probable I am reading a lot into what was shown that may not be actually true but again it is just from my own perspective. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is just my perspective. To me, there are a lot of unknowns that were created by the (now) Avengers void. The first post credits scene reminded me a good bit of how the first Iron Man film ended, the movie which launched the MCU's first phase. The second post credits scene helped re-spark my 'cosmic' imagination with possible tie-ins with both the upcoming The Eternals franchise and the long-awaited Guardians of the Galaxy 3 release. It is highly probable I am reading a lot into what was shown that may not be actually true but again it is just from my own perspective. :)

I very much appreciate your perspective. You're as big a fan of this genre as I am so I very much respect your opinion on the subject.

In this circumstance, I wish I shared them.

I do share your concern regarding the "Avengers void", but sadly don't see anything on the horizon to fill it. First of all, I'm seeing a huge gap in even the reported films, much less any concrete dates. And even the front runner to be that next film - Black Widow - will be a flashback film (clearly) and far smaller in scope, simply due to the character and subject matter involved.

I'm trying to be optimistic that their upcoming announcements at ComicCon and D23 will have me feeling better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could just be me but most of these comic book movies are becoming like Bond films to me. I watch them and ask myself 'what's the big deal'? It seems the film industry has fallen into having people wait in between comic book films or another Disney film.

What has happened to the talented people with imagination that write screenplays? Do they have to have a story to base their creativity on? Are they unable to create without that?

I liked The Punisher on Netflix until they mailed in that last season and Daredevil has something going on but they didn't seem like comic book movies. I do hope they keep both of this going and pay more attention to them now that they're out of Netflix control.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could just be me but most of these comic book movies are becoming like Bond films to me. I watch them and ask myself 'what's the big deal'? It seems the film industry has fallen into having people wait in between comic book films or another Disney film.

They may not be for everybody, but they're undoubtedly working for the vast majority of the movie-going public.

What has happened to the talented people with imagination that write screenplays? Do they have to have a story to base their creativity on? Are they unable to create without that?

There has certainly been a trend to play it safe and not take unnecessary risks. I think many producers and investors are afraid to back an unknown commodity, and therefore not many of them get off the ground.

I liked The Punisher on Netflix until they mailed in that last season and Daredevil has something going on but they didn't seem like comic book movies. I do hope they keep both of this going and pay more attention to them now that they're out of Netflix control.

Those series were definitely grittier, darker, and more violent than the MCU films. I'm interested to know why they were all cancelled and what the future holds for the characters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They may not be for everybody, but they're undoubtedly working for the vast majority of the movie-going public.

There has certainly been a trend to play it safe and not take unnecessary risks. I think many producers and investors are afraid to back an unknown commodity, and therefore not many of them get off the ground.

Those series were definitely grittier, darker, and more violent than the MCU films. I'm interested to know why they were all cancelled and what the future holds for the characters.
They were cancelled by Disney due to the emerging streaming service and since they own a piece of Hulu, that can send those grittier series to them and increase their subscription base as well. They win and Netflix loses, all part of the plan. If they keep just Daredevil and Punisher intact, I will add Hulu to the stable.

With a studio like Universal getting into it with their catalogue, the availability of third party product is going to be in short supply for that many streaming services so they'll have to go on their own product, which Netflix proved they could do with those marvel productions, they just need good writers and directors.

One of my son's best friends has worked for Universal in the Promotions department for 20 years and he said there is some talk about releasing their first run's on the stream for an additional fee on the day they break across the country. There's been talk of that before but not from a major studio. Theater owners will be up in arms but the film companies could care less. the theaters serve only as a conduit.

The problem with the theater owners is that they're vulnerable just as the network affiliates have been. Why watch a tv show when they're going to make it available as a download commercial free except for net promos? 100" screens and wireless theater like sound will be commonplace in 2 years. The media room is already a must have in new homes. If you live in the right size market, you can get anything delivered to your home in the way of food. More people are working from home and this is growing exponentially. We are just years from no human contact and living inside our homes. We're all going to end up being Morlocks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a movie but a limited series on Netflix but "When They See Us" is one of the best series I've seen in some time. It's disturbing because it's based on a true story and I found myself bouncing from mad to sad constantly.

The handheld camera and confusion at first can be a little disconcerting but it sets the tone for just how easy it was to coerce confessions out of innocent boys. It was really well acted.

paladin

Reaction score
The Upside starring Bryan Cranston.
5/10
Seen the same story done better.
It's not bad, it's perfectly average, I don't think I'll remember it 30 days from now.

paladin

Reaction score
A Child is Waiting
With Burt Lancaster & Judy Garland
8/10
John Cassavettes directed this movie about 2 mental health workers attempting to reach/teach a developmentally challenged boy who is spiraling downward.
Like all Cassavetes stuff, it's a lil different;
I like different

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I saw The Lion King (2019) last night. It was good. It stayed pretty faithful to the original, even with a lot of the dialogue, and the photo realistic elements were fantastic. With that said, there was something lacking for me and I think a lot of it had to do with the voice casting. Just didn't do it for me outside the return of James Earl Jones as Mufasa and I thought Seth Rogan did great with Pumbaa. This could just be a personal issue with me as I am so familiar with the original movie (I've seen it what feels like thousands of times). Now for my main gripe................they left out SO many of the one-liners that made the cartoon so fun!!! I have no idea why, but it definitely left a void in the movie for me. I'd while I am sure only die-hard fans would notice this, well, it left a giant void in the movie for me. I get they probably aspired to make some changes, as to not just make the same movie over, but then again, that was also kind of the point. Other than that, I really did enjoy it and am trying not to knock it down too much. It was still a very enjoyable movie, but, I still prefer the cartoon.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched The Space Between Us last night, on Netflix. While it certainly wasn't a great movie, it was pretty entertaining and somewhat thought provoking. I'd give it a 7.5.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Re-watched "October Sky" with the 50th anniversary of is that the moon or a suburb of Yuma theory and was impressed all over again with just how good Chris Cooper was in that. It's a great story.

Started this momentous occasion with The Right Stuff and Apollo 13 and will end today with From the Earth to the Moon. The 50th anniversary doesn't roll around often and I can't tell you the shock I felt when I first saw that. Made me feel really old like how I looked at older people when they recalled a historic event from the past.

Best part of this weekend has been the comment from Buzz Aldrin, looking like he just came from Space Cowboys, "50 years and we haven't done anything". I believe part of that anger is because he knew the people that gave their lives for the greatest adventure.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched a movie called Searching, about a father whose daughter went missing. It was filmed mostly from the vantage point of looking at a computer screen, but it was very intense, and draws you in... 8.5 out of 10.