Rate the last movie you saw

timb2

Reaction score
Saw "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" It was good. DiCaprio & Brad Pitt are just good actors that can make a film..... I am sure you saw the Bruce Lee look-a-like in the trailor and he does resemble him closely but they also have a Steve McQueen look-a-like and my jaw dropped. HE LOOKED IDENTICAL!!! Good movie A-

Kevinicus

Reaction score
IT 2 just seemed like a more poorly put together retelling of the first movie with adults. Seriously, it was basically the adults just figuring out what happened the first time and remembering a few new scenes where tje same kind of things happened. It was 30 minutes longer than the first when it should have been 30 minutes shorter.

Outside of Hader, I don't see much reason to see it. Better off just considering the first as the proper conclusion.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched IT Chapter 2 last night. Fantastic!!! Loved it. Usually Hollywood butchers remakes but they nailed this one IMO. The movie had some of the best special effects I've seen. They did great with the creepy scare factors. I actually appreciated some of the comedy in it. Felt like a good mix.

If I had one little complaint it's that I'm not sure I connected with the older Beth. Felt they could've maybe casted that one different.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IT 2 just seemed like a more poorly put together retelling of the first movie with adults. Seriously, it was basically the adults just figuring out what happened the first time and remembering a few new scenes where tje same kind of things happened. It was 30 minutes longer than the first when it should have been 30 minutes shorter.

Outside of Hader, I don't see much reason to see it. Better off just considering the first as the proper conclusion.
I am a huge fan of the television mini-series. That is likely part of the reason why I have not seen either movie yet because I do not want the films to be substandard to the television version. The other reason is that I have my own definition of the horror genre and many films labeled as horror fall short of their description in my opinion.

I am digressing. What I am attempting to say is that the Stephen King's book and the mini-series had the children confront Pennywise first and then had the adults face off against Pennywise using their younger experience as a template. Sounds like the movie sequel stayed true to form. I understand how that would be disappointing to some viewers. I think the mini-series pulled it off well though.

What I must do is fight through my own self-imposed resistance and finally watch these movies, lol! Pennywise is one of the greatest characters King ever dreamed up in my opinion.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Just finished watching the movie "The Fanatic" starring John Travolta that was written and directed by Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit..... Got to say, I was not impressed. While I understand the fanatic was a bit mentally slow (Travolta), I was a bit creeped out by how far he would go to get to know his favorite actor. Personally I came away thankful I am not a celebrity. Devon Sawa played the celebrity in this movie and truthfully both actors did well in their roles..... The twisted ending left me thinking I must of missed something. I understand the morale of the story but it took a strange turn in the last 10 minutes... The best way I can explain without giving away the ending.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, there ya go, two diametrically opposing views of It: Chapter Two. Kevin didn't like it at all and Zero loved it. But I don't know how much Slammed Zero goes to the theater and that makes a big difference.

Kevin is our resident movie critic because he really sees a lot of movies and like those that do that as a profession, the sheer number of films they see affects the critique. If I went to the theaters as much as Kevin, I would be far more critical than I am. I go so little, mainly because that smacking popcorn rustling drink cup shaking candy wrapper torturer always finds me, that my mindset is that I am going to give the film every break I can because I showed up here to see it. Why in the hell do people have to be so annoying?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I go so little, mainly because that smacking popcorn rustling drink cup shaking candy wrapper torturer always finds me, that my mindset is that I am going to give the film every break I can because I showed up here to see it. Why in the hell do people have to be so annoying?
I call your drink sucker/wrapper crinkler and raise you:

• Gluttony Guy or Group - That person or group of people who are constantly leaving and returning from the concessions stand throughout the movie. What are they serving at the freaking concession stand? Barbecue ribs??? Weak bladder I can tolerate but people who cannot get to the movie before it starts and use the concession stand as an all you can eat buffet off-and-on for two hours irritates the fool out of me.
  • Blind Cellphone Person - Sure, the description Is self explanatory but all cellphones have screen brightness controls. So, you spent fifteen bucks to not see the movie? Cool. Do you also need everyone in a darken theater to know you own a miniature sun too? Wished those things would generate the heat of a star and leave the owners with burnt stumps for hands.
  • You Talks Too Much - Run D.M.C.'s poster child. They never shut up. Movies are stories. The audience wants to hear the story being told on the screen. No. I do not want to know how your day sucked. Watching the movie. No. I do not care if you want to keep in touch with someone you just saw 30 minutes ago. Watching the movie. No! Let your friend find you in the darken theater like everyone else and stop giving row-by-row instructions! For Pete's sakes. Lastly
  • The Unfortunate Caregiver - This may be a mother. Or a father. Or a family friend. They may have gone to the movies with an infant they either gave birth to or adopted. Regardless, that precious ball of humanity... That small package of love destined for great things later in life... That innocent perfect being who no one heard for nine months... IS TELLING EVERYONE IN THE AUDIENCE "HERE I AM <EXPLETIVES>!" The unfortunate caregiver has legs but their legs suddenly sustained paralysis because they cannot gather up their bundle of unjoy, stand up, and walk outside of the theater so the rest of the audience can hear what Denzel Washington is saying instead of wails that can wake the dead! That tiny child has the lungs of a bull elephant!

Thanks. I feel better now. :)

/crazy rant

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I call your drink sucker/wrapper crinkler and raise you:

• Gluttony Guy or Group - That person or group of people who are constantly leaving and returning from the concessions stand throughout the movie. What are they serving at the freaking concession stand? Barbecue ribs??? Weak bladder I can tolerate but people who cannot get to the movie before it starts and use the concession stand as an all you can eat buffet off-and-on for two hours irritates the fool out of me.
  • Blind Cellphone Person - Sure, the description Is self explanatory but all cellphones have screen brightness controls. So, you spent fifteen bucks to not see the movie? Cool. Do you also need everyone in a darken theater to know you own a miniature sun too? Wished those things would generate the heat of a star and leave the owners with burnt stumps for hands.
  • You Talks Too Much - Run D.M.C.'s poster child. They never shut up. Movies are stories. The audience wants to hear the story being told on the screen. No. I do not want to know how your day sucked. Watching the movie. No. I do not care if you want to keep in touch with someone you just saw 30 minutes ago. Watching the movie. No! Let your friend find you in the darken theater like everyone else and stop giving row-by-row instructions! For Pete's sakes. Lastly
  • The Unfortunate Caregiver - This may be a mother. Or a father. Or a family friend. They may have gone to the movies with an infant they either gave birth to or adopted. Regardless, that precious ball of humanity... That small package of love destined for great things later in life... That innocent perfect being who no one heard for nine months... IS TELLING EVERYONE IN THE AUDIENCE "HERE I AM <EXPLETIVES>!" The unfortunate caregiver has legs but their legs suddenly sustained paralysis because they cannot gather up their bundle of unjoy, stand up, and walk outside of the theater so the rest of the audience can hear what Denzel Washington is saying instead of wails that can wake the dead! That tiny child has the lungs of a bull elephant!

Thanks. I feel better now. :)

/crazy rant
Moving to "Complaint Box" thread....Oops, I can't do that. :grin:

timb2

Reaction score
Watch "IT Part 2" VERY Good!!! Most of the adult actors did a good job playing the kids. Special effects were good. The Clown was great again. The only complaint I had was near the end and they added some political correct stuff that wasn't needed. It wasn't from the original movie they decided to add it. The PC stuff concerned one of the characters of how they felt. Should have just left it alone..... A+ still for a movie

Watched "Scaries Stories to Tell in the Dark" Not bad,but not great either. It had it's moments ,but if you are looking for some classic like "The Exorcist" this is not it. C+

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wasted 2 hours of my life watching the worst piece of crap I've seen in years, John Wick 3. The writers should be executed, if there were any, and they're the only ones not killed by the most boring fight scenes I have ever wasted time watching. What a mailed in, made for the money, bag of porcupine dung by a bunch of marginally talented bunch of weasel wongs. Another time I am glad I didn't waste money and time on garbage.

Xelda

Reaction score
Just wasted 2 hours of my life watching the worst piece of crap I've seen in years, John Wick 3. The writers should be executed, if there were any, and they're the only ones not killed by the most boring fight scenes I have ever wasted time watching. What a mailed in, made for the money, bag of porcupine dung by a bunch of marginally talented bunch of weasel wongs. Another time I am glad I didn't waste money and time on garbage.
ROFL You said weasel wongs! :lmao2:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
C'mon, you didn't like the scenes with the dogs? I thought that was pretty original.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon, you didn't like the scenes with the dogs? I thought that was pretty original.
I didn't like any scenes. They made it strictly to make money, never a good idea in film making, and to keep the franchise alive. Reeves didn't even look interested in doing it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Well, there ya go, two diametrically opposing views of It: Chapter Two. Kevin didn't like it at all and Zero loved it. But I don't know how much Slammed Zero goes to the theater and that makes a big difference.

Kevin is our resident movie critic because he really sees a lot of movies and like those that do that as a profession, the sheer number of films they see affects the critique. If I went to the theaters as much as Kevin, I would be far more critical than I am. I go so little, mainly because that smacking popcorn rustling drink cup shaking candy wrapper torturer always finds me, that my mindset is that I am going to give the film every break I can because I showed up here to see it. Why in the hell do people have to be so annoying?

I wouldn't say I didn't like it at all. I just found it mostly unnecessary, and overlong. The "scares" were just the same type of thing from the first, so they didn't really have an impact. I thought the humor was still good, and Bill Hader was excellent.

But, I did enjoy John Wick 3 a great deal (just purchased the 4K UHD yesterday), even though I thought it dragged in the middle (the battle with the dogs I thought was repetitive). Great action, particularly the knife fight early on.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Watch "IT Part 2" VERY Good!!! Most of the adult actors did a good job playing the kids. Special effects were good. The Clown was great again. The only complaint I had was near the end and they added some political correct stuff that wasn't needed. It wasn't from the original movie they decided to add it. The PC stuff concerned one of the characters of how they felt. Should have just left it alone..... A+ still for a movie

Watched "Scaries Stories to Tell in the Dark" Not bad,but not great either. It had it's moments ,but if you are looking for some classic like "The Exorcist" this is not it. C+

It's not based on the 80's TV mini-series, it's based on the novel, and my step-daughter tells me that it was implied heavily.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't say I didn't like it at all. I just found it mostly unnecessary, and overlong. The "scares" were just the same type of thing from the first, so they didn't really have an impact. I thought the humor was still good, and Bill Hader was excellent.

But, I did enjoy John Wick 3 a great deal (just purchased the 4K UHD yesterday), even though I thought it dragged in the middle (the battle with the dogs I thought was repetitive). Great action, particularly the knife fight early on.
That's where we differ, I thought it was all overblown and too staged and the pushing him through the glass walls, over and over, bordered on the absurd.

I had a problem with this from the beginning because if the entire population isn't in on the whole High Table thing, they sure were casual at the body count and nonchalant about all of the violence taking place right in front of them. And they didn't even make the Adjudicator "hateable", that character should have been more malevolent. They peaked with the gunfighting in the tunnels in 2 for me, nothing in 3 stood up to that.

But they will make a 4th one as long as they can make money and Reeves wants to continue making them. This movie was representative to me of just how bad the film making industry has become. And the main reason I don't go to the theater except for something I consider a must see in the theater, like SW9.

Here again, just my opinion, but a hell of a lot more important than some guy that spends all of his free time going to movies!:cool: