Rate the last movie you saw

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I like the food at the cinemark on Webb chappel. The burger is really good. The fries need a little work. Real food beats the heck out of stale funny tasting popcorn for the same price basically.

best seats go to the amc at the Irving mall.

I think I would pass on luxury theater unless there was really a reason for it other than to keep the rift raft out.

i really liked ford vs Ferrari. One of the better movies this year.

Richard jewell was okay too. The FBI back in the day must have been really shady.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hustlers: 7 of 10.

I thought it was solid, but not great. I didnt think they did a good job making me sympathize with the characters. I think if they did a better job at showing them trying to make a legitimate living the movie would have been better

Jennifer Lopez was exceptional. Hope she gets an Oscar nomination

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8VfnXn8.jpg

7.00 of 10.00

AFTER being thoroughly convinced watching the first half that:
  • telling its story by throwing a bunch of scenes together in rapid succession sucked
  • Disney was at the bottom downslope of its peak that began with Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • the irony that the studio had zero feel for what made the original trilogy great considering the subject matter is always about "The Force"
--Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker significantly redeems itself in its second half. Yeah. The space horses were a pretty tough take but I enjoyed Rey versus Kylo's final major fight a lot. Reminiscing with Lando was bittersweet. Billy Dee Williams is seven years older than Harrison Ford and it REALLY showed.

I thought Emperor Palpatine was done very well. It was (too) brief but the Leia's training in The Force was what I had always wanted to see since Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi. However, the CGI facework in Captain America: The Winter Soldier has greatly spoiled me. Young Luke and Leia disappointed me given what both characters should have looked like after ROTJ.

I loved the movie's end as much for its scene tribute to Star Wars: A New Hope as I did for the one seen in Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith. Just sentimental I guess. lol. I do not have a problem with The Force being thicker than blood.

My movie theme avatar has reached the end of its road! Time for a new one after the Christmas season.

liRaVFM.png

This is gonna be a hard choice for me...

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Ford V Ferrari. Usually I say I took the grandson to the movie. But this time he took me. He just finished his 1st semester at UCF with straight A's and took me to celebrate. As far as the movie goes, I really liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I liked the story and as far a car racing movie it was as good as it gets. I did not know that Claire from Outlander was one of the main characters but dang I like that gal. Christian Bale is a great actor. Very good movie. 8+ our of 10.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just got back from Star Wars : The Rise of Skywalker

I'd have to give it a 9 out of 10. It undoes the cameo of the Last Jedi and gives full closure to the saga. It touches on a lot of points from the past while introducing a few new ones along the way. There's one major contrivance that you have to accept, but if you can, you'll really enjoy yourself. A very fitting closure to the sage and I very much appreciated the call backs and one last trip down memory lane. JJ Abrams had to juggle quite a lot and I think he did a really commendable job all things considered.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
watched Rambo first blood last night. Rambo is getting old, his 1st movie he took on the US government forces and beat them, the 2nd one he took on VietCong and beat them, the 3rd one he took on the Afghan army and beat them and in this one he took on about 20 cartel memebers from Mexico and beat them. It was not a good movie. But again Rambo is old, he cant do what he used to.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
watched Rambo first blood last night. Rambo is getting old, his 1st movie he took on the US government forces and beat them, the 2nd one he took on VietCong and beat them, the 3rd one he took on the Afghan army and beat them and in this one he took on about 20 cartel memebers from Mexico and beat them. It was not a good movie. But again Rambo is old, he cant do what he used to.

Blasphemy! Rambo shall never go away......:thumbup:

I think you meant Last Blood BTW

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Star Wars ...not as good as expected,but I didn’t go there yesterday for deep thoughts on subject matter. Wanted to zoom around in space sinking ships and see cool stuff in 3D.
I will say the original actor scenes bored me to pieces. Dry acting is against type for their characters. They were funny and boisterous characters,not mundane and solitude.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I was really excited to see Uncut Gems but came close to getting up and leaving, several other people did leave before it ended.

But I hung in to see how it ended and that made it all even worse. It was long, drawn out, loud and irritating at times. I feel like it could have been so good with some subtle changes

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

In 3 Rambo was fighting against the Soviets, not the mujahideen.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I was really excited to see Uncut Gems but came close to getting up and leaving, several other people did leave before it ended.

But I hung in to see how it ended and that made it all even worse. It was long, drawn out, loud and irritating at times. I feel like it could have been so good with some subtle changes
Good grief...just watching the trailer I could tell what you said is spot on.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Never even heard of it.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I Am Mother: 9/10 Netflix movie about a robot who raises an embryo in a facility in a post apocalyptic world. This was a pleasant surprise. I don't want to post much, because I don't want to spoil it, but the plot is really well written, and the acting is good.

Rise of Skywalker: 6/10. The latest trilogy was just a mess with no real direction. Bringing back the Emperor was just a hail mary, and lazy way to tie the story together. Acting was fine, but the plot was garbage.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Not the biggest fan of mob films, but I don't dislike them. I love the cast. Gave it a shot last night and fell asleep an hour in. 3.5 hours of narrative recall makes for a long *** movie. May give it another shot, but 2.5 hours to finish is still a long *** movie.
LOL I fell asleep about an hour in too!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh yea, last blood that is it. Still bad movie.
Yep, just saw it. Capitalizing on a franchise is a Stallone thing and the man should definitely stop with the close up shots and profiles. He looked like a toothless old man on the profile shots and at the very end he got a brand new pair of gleaming dentures.

Some actors age well, Eastwood, Redford and Stallone are exceptions. I like all three but stop with the close ups.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yep, just saw it. Capitalizing on a franchise is a Stallone thing and the man should definitely stop with the close up shots and profiles. He looked like a toothless old man on the profile shots and at the very end he got a brand new pair of gleaming dentures.

Some actors age well, Eastwood, Redford and Stallone are exceptions. I like all three but stop with the close ups.

It was Taken meets Home Alone. The death scene was pretty awesome though.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Ad Astra: 5/10. Brad Pitt was great, but the story itself was really lame. It was just a character study, and space had nothing to do with it. The sci fi aspects were either laughable or underdeveloped, which made it disappointing. It was visually beautiful, and the score was pretty good.