Rate the last movie you saw

khiladi

Reaction score
“Raging Fire”, Donnie Yen

9 out of 10

if you like Martial Arts and Asian Crime and Action, are a fan of the Raid series, this is the movie to watch.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Free Guy. 10/10

One of the few blockbusters this year I couldn’t stream on its release date.

If you liked Ready Player One or Tron, then Free Guy will rock it for you.

Lots of funny, and Ryan Reynolds surprisingly not permanently typecast as a smartarse Deadpool for the rest of my life.

Uplifting, optimistic movie too. It’s nice to see such a refreshing child-like take on AI creation when most are dark.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Free Guy. 10/10

One of the few blockbusters this year I couldn’t stream on its release date.

If you liked Ready Player One or Tron, then Free Guy will rock it for you.

Lots of funny, and Ryan Reynolds surprisingly not permanently typecast as a smartarse Deadpool for the rest of my life.

Uplifting, optimistic movie too. It’s nice to see such a refreshing child-like take on AI creation when most are dark.
I wanted to see that. What is it on?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I wanted to see that. What is it on?

No, sorry if misleading. Meant I had to pay to play. LOL

Been nice getting so many of them in my packages this year.

Also FYI, my wife HATES video games and she followed along (because there are definitely some concepts that assume you know games or coding) and loved the movie too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, sorry if misleading. Meant I had to pay to play. LOL

Been nice getting so many of them in my packages this year.

Also FYI, my wife HATES video games and she followed along (because there are definitely some concepts that assume you know games or coding) and loved the movie too.
Really, your wife loved a movie with Ryan Reynolds in it??? Shocking!! :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eternals
77dDvyr.jpg

6.75 of 10.00

Caught a matinee on Friday and intentionally waited a few days to fully digest what I saw. Had purposefully avoided reading or listening to any reviews after my wife told me she read where it was being criticized heavily. I *know* the direction Disney is taking the MCU. While I am not in full agreement with their vision, I have not been too critical of it either in my opinion.

Okay.

I enjoyed the main casting. Even Angelina Jolie as Thena was a good fit and did not outshine the rest of the cast. One thing that had been eating at me was the possibility of not separating Gemma Chan's Minn-Erva in Captain Marvel from her portrayal of Sersi in Eternals. Sersi was a BIT more timid than I thought she should be but I liked Chan's performance a great deal.

Richard Madden was perfect as Ikaris. Every other actor's Eternal but one was pretty good too. Back to the exception later.

The comic title was rarely flashy and the movie adaptation was a good modern day interpretation of the same. For me, the BEST aspect was the movie establishing an even higher degree of Marvel's cosmic universe than what had been seen previously in the MCU. Arishem's explanation of the Celestials' purpose was a nice twist from what was (from what I remember) in the comics. The storyline was neither fast paced nor explosively exciting but the movie flowed with that underlying plot. I would have given the movie a higher grade closer to an 8 if not for The Exception.

Arishem's retelling of Celestial purpose has my Spider-Sense spiking. There is NO way they can introduce this cosmic directive WITHOUT having an exact opposite balancing factor AKA Galactus. Fantastic Four? You are the next contestant on The Price Is Right! :laugh: (fingers crossed)

This will not be a spoiler because it was not IN the movie. The Exception bothered me with each released trailer and my fear became reality. They did Salma Hayek wrong and it really pissed me off.

Ajak can shoot cosmic energy blasts from her hands. Ajak is superhumanly strong--a few ticks above Spider-Man strength. Ajak. Can. Fly. I do not know if Hayek has any knowledge of the character she played but they shorted her BIG time. I am sitting in the audience muttering to myself, "What the hell did they do to Ajak???"

Whatever.

Very much liked the movie. Did not love it. Could have been better if Ikaris and Ajak's "disagreement" would have been worked out with Ajak being Ajak. THAT would have been an exciting watch. :rolleyes:

First ending credits cut scene? Meh. It was alright. Let's you know there will be more Eternals in the future. Second cut scene hits after the ending credits have completed. Meh too. The final Game of Thrones scene in the Iron Throne chamber was more interesting in my opinion. Actor tie-in. Could not help myself. :p

Keeping Hayek/Ajak avatar for a little while longer as a personal protest of what could have been. :mad::)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No Time To Die - 6.5

The action, stunts, etc were good but the plot, etc was lacking even for a Bond movie. Really didn't even feel like a Bond movie to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. 7/10 It felt a little too much like Big Trouble in Little China at times, with the weird creatures and special effects, and I didn't care for the comic relief best friend at first, but she got more likeable halfway through. Loved the mother and the auntie (of course, Michelle Yeoh is awesome). The final battle was overdone, effects wise, IMO. But I like the story and the cast.

cml750

Reaction score
Dune - 9 of 10. Great movie which left me hungry for the sequel! this one was much better than the 1980's version which was hard to watch back in the day. Funny thing is I went back and watched the 80's version after seeing the new one and found the 80's version much better than I did back in the 80's.

cml750

Reaction score
Eternals - 2.5 of 10. This is easily the worst Marvel studios movie to date by a LONG shot. I would go farther and say it ranks near the bottom of every comic book genre movie ever made although still better than the abomination that was Man of Steel (@DallasEast ). I rank this one third worst ever trailing only Man of Steel and the last Fantastic Four reboot movie which was dreadful.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eternals - 2.5 of 10. This is easily the worst Marvel studios movie to date by a LONG shot. I would go farther and say it ranks near the bottom of every comic book genre movie ever made although still better than the abomination that was Man of Steel (@DallasEast ). I rank this one third worst ever trailing only Man of Steel and the last Fantastic Four reboot movie which was dreadful.
Well. I do agree with you about Fantastic Four :muttley:.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. 7/10 It felt a little too much like Big Trouble in Little China at times, with the weird creatures and special effects, and I didn't care for the comic relief best friend at first, but she got more likeable halfway through. Loved the mother and the auntie (of course, Michelle Yeoh is awesome). The final battle was overdone, effects wise, IMO. But I like the story and the cast.
BTW, I'd throw out that whole ridiculous bus scene. Maybe being a truck driver has my view slanted more toward a semblance of reality, but that was so bad I almost turned the movie off.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These people speak Murican?

Big_D

Reaction score
Watched CBGB on Amazon Prime. Great story about the club owner and the bands that performed there. 7/10

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Oldey but cracks me up everytime - 21 Jump Street.

Just came back on Netflix.

Probably seen it 3-4x and I laugh just as hard everytime.

10/10

And the sequel is good too....

21 Jump Street, Brady Bunch, Adams Family Values.... there are a few TV to movie comedy reboots that are just freaking hilarious!