Rate the last movie you saw

quickccc

Reaction score
OIF.iIeZQAWey4BUznc7gkqNYw

day shift

pretty good vampire movie

-Meant to be a fun, over the top hokey, comedy oriented, vampire gory fun popcorn flick.
And that's how i took, and enjoyed it overall as such.
Pretty good muscle and gun & stakes action sequences,

- Can't take it serious as if its' gonna be Blade or John Carpenter's Vampires.

I didn't get the climatic ending with Snoop Dog, nor Seth (James Franco's brother) being beheaded but still able to be a living vampire.
but apparently it was made to be stupidly done and laughed at.

- Loved the Jamie Fox vs Villain final battle and strategy.

For what it was supposed to be, (over the top) and offered, i enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I liked it. I didn't enjoy it near as much as Get Out, which was great. Us just confused me and I didn't like it. Peel's Twilight Zone series is entertaining.

Nothing has to be made about it's origin in order for it to be good or not. There wasn't anything about the origin in Alien or Predator and both those turned out alright. The documentary part was a stretch and the whole chimp/TV series thing seemed forced and unimportant, but there were some good things. It isn't a must see in the theater, but I recommend it

that monkey scene was something, though!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Unsheltered" (2022)

5 college students are trying to escape a hurricane and end up in a place they don't want to be.

Negatives about the film:
-Takes too long to get to the "meat" of the film
-The end–Confusing and contrived

Positives about the film:
-The scenery was good
-Where the college students end up was interesting
-The end–Yeah I listed it as a negative BUT I will say the ending was unique and not something I had seen before in a slasher flick

4.0/10

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Dark Tower" (2017)

Based on the books, the movie had a world of potential that it never reached.

The movie was too short for the source material which left character building rather scant.

The result was a film that was pretty "hollow" IMO.

A watchable film but that's about it.

5.0/10

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Top Gun 2 - 7/10. Saw it on a tiny plane headrest screen though. Think I cheated myself not watching it on the big screen and speakers at home. Not as good as I thought it would be with the 95% rotten tomatoes or something crazy high it’s at right now, but another lesson in how to bring back a classic. Just like the first JJ Abrams Star Wars movie, bring back the fans what they liked from the first one. Ghostbusters Afterlife had this a little bit too. I think these franchises are finally learning how to go out after 20-30 years off the big screen. If Indiana Jones 5 is taking notes, I hope to see some Nazzis and Biblical archaeology like Part I and Part III, because it’s what the fans love.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finally watched Jurassic World Dominion. It's on Peacock right now.

Meh. I wasn't really a fan. Felt super cheesy from the start and I just wasn't pulled in by the plot. I'm usually pretty easy to please with movies, but I found myself drifting in/out of this one a lot, kind of hoping it'd be over sooner than it was (it's a long movie).

Even my wife, who loves the Jurassic Park franchise, was like "well, that sucked". Lol

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
"Dark Tower" (2017)

Based on the books, the movie had a world of potential that it never reached.

The movie was too short for the source material which left character building rather scant.

The result was a film that was pretty "hollow" IMO.

A watchable film but that's about it.

5.0/10

I refused to watch this one because I enjoyed the books so much.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Top Gun 2 - 7/10. Saw it on a tiny plane headrest screen though. Think I cheated myself not watching it on the big screen and speakers at home. Not as good as I thought it would be with the 95% rotten tomatoes or something crazy high it’s at right now, but another lesson in how to bring back a classic. Just like the first JJ Abrams Star Wars movie, bring back the fans what they liked from the first one. Ghostbusters Afterlife had this a little bit too. I think these franchises are finally learning how to go out after 20-30 years off the big screen. If Indiana Jones 5 is taking notes, I hope to see some Nazzis and Biblical archaeology like Part I and Part III, because it’s what the fans love.
I'm not paying $20 to watch it. I'm anxious to see it, but not that anxious.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally watched Jurassic World Dominion. It's on Peacock right now.

Meh. I wasn't really a fan. Felt super cheesy from the start and I just wasn't pulled in by the plot. I'm usually pretty easy to please with movies, but I found myself drifting in/out of this one a lot, kind of hoping it'd be over sooner than it was (it's a long movie).

Even my wife, who loves the Jurassic Park franchise, was like "well, that sucked". Lol

My wife and I watched it as well yesterday. And even for free, we both felt ripped off. I can’t believe that that story got the green light for a $200 million franchise finale.

I’d give it about a 3 out of 10 and even that is just for the special effects.

RIP Jurassic Park!
:(

John813

Reaction score
Thor: Love and Thunder - Just awful. This is my first "one time watch" MCU movie. Even the fight scenes sucked. 4/10

Yea rewatched it on disney + and I was debating between a 4 and a 5.

The editing left very little between the serious moments and the goofy moments. The goats were funny at first but then it felt overplayed and then stupid. Almost was wondering if the comedy was geared towards kids or teens or adults.
For how well Ragnarok had the action, seriousness and humor this was full on stupid silly.
Definitely have no care to watch it again except maybe the play scenes with Damon and Luke.

like we dont need to be sad and depressed over the topic of cancer but it just felt those scenes were serious then it went to goofy mode right after. It was hard to digest anything serious in this movie. I don't know why almost every scene had to have some humor in it.
Thor was a complete goofy idiot the entire film. I get the point was trying to find out who he was post heartache but he just seemed too aloofduring the film. Gorr should of had more screen time over the sillyness. Maybe more of him slaughtering gods.

Like you said the action scenes were pretty forgettable. I don't know how this movie was released like this after editing. Then again the way this phase has gone its right in par with the mehness

I can say I would enjoy Iron man 2 or Thor 2 over this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea rewatched it on disney + and I was debating between a 4 and a 5.

The editing left very little between the serious moments and the goofy moments. The goats were funny at first but then it felt overplayed and then stupid. Almost was wondering if the comedy was geared towards kids or teens or adults.
For how well Ragnarok had the action, seriousness and humor this was full on stupid silly.
Definitely have no care to watch it again except maybe the play scenes with Damon and Luke.

like we dont need to be sad and depressed over the topic of cancer but it just felt those scenes were serious then it went to goofy mode right after. It was hard to digest anything serious in this movie. I don't know why almost every scene had to have some humor in it.
Thor was a complete goofy idiot the entire film. I get the point was trying to find out who he was post heartache but he just seemed too aloofduring the film. Gorr should of had more screen time over the sillyness. Maybe more of him slaughtering gods.

Like you said the action scenes were pretty forgettable. I don't know how this movie was released like this after editing. Then again the way this phase has gone its right in par with the mehness

I can say I would enjoy Iron man 2 or Thor 2 over this.
I honestly think the end credit scenes were the best parts of the movie.
They seem to be setting up Hercules as a new antagonist, which I think would be stupid. Even in mythology, all he has is great strength, and probably not as much as Thor, but he's mortal, has no other powers, and he's not very bright.

John813

Reaction score
I honestly think the end credit scenes were the best parts of the movie.
They seem to be setting up Hercules as a new antagonist, which I think would be stupid. Even in mythology, all he has is great strength, and probably not as much as Thor, but he's mortal, has no other powers, and he's not very bright.

Yea, the ending was interesting. Marvel released some deleted scenes 10 days ago

Where Zeus was helping Thor create/handle the lightning bolt. Clearly, that conflicts with the ending credits and is a complete 180 from the end scenes where Zeus wants people to fear gods again and have his son take down Thor. With the time gap between this movie and the possible next Thor movie being years away and with a new director(rumors) I'm curious how much they even carry over from Love and Thunder. Now Hercules does appear in the comics with Thor, against him then on the "good" side, so curious too on how they handle that. Thor converts him/shows him he isn't bad as Zeus says he is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea, the ending was interesting. Marvel released some deleted scenes 10 days ago

Where Zeus was helping Thor create/handle the lightning bolt. Clearly, that conflicts with the ending credits and is a complete 180 from the end scenes where Zeus wants people to fear gods again and have his son take down Thor. With the time gap between this movie and the possible next Thor movie being years away and with a new director(rumors) I'm curious how much they even carry over from Love and Thunder. Now Hercules does appear in the comics with Thor, against him then on the "good" side, so curious too on how they handle that. Thor converts him/shows him he isn't bad as Zeus says he is.
I've haven't read many comic books, so I have no idea which characters they've pilfered from various mythologies, but it's starting to look like all of them. I'm guessing they also embellish a lot, adding powers their mythological counterparts didn't have.
I absolutely hated the way they portrayed Zeus in that piece of crap movie - prancing and strutting around, lifting his little skirt up as he went down the stairs. The whole movie would've been much better if they'd skipped the whole Omnipotent City part of the movie. If that part was more serious, just going to Zeus and asking for his help, I probably would've added 2 or 3 points to my score.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've haven't read many comic books, so I have no idea which characters they've pilfered from various mythologies, but it's starting to look like all of them. I'm guessing they also embellish a lot, adding powers their mythological counterparts didn't have.
I absolutely hated the way they portrayed Zeus in that piece of crap movie - prancing and strutting around, lifting his little skirt up as he went down the stairs. The whole movie would've been much better if they'd skipped the whole Omnipotent City part of the movie. If that part was more serious, just going to Zeus and asking for his help, I probably would've added 2 or 3 points to my score.

Funny, I really enjoyed that! Especially Russell Crowe’s over the top Zeus performance. He’s usually so serious in all of his films, so I found this performance a refreshing change.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny, I really enjoyed that! Especially Russell Crowe’s over the top Zeus performance. He’s usually so serious in all of his films, so I found this performance a refreshing change.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. ;)

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Thor: Love and Thunder - Just awful. This is my first "one time watch" MCU movie. Even the fight scenes sucked. 4/10

I have not seen it, but I can't imagine there being a worse mcu movie than spiderman no way home, but I don't doubt they are topping bad movies with worse movies